Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trav,
I realize the scenario is full of potential options, likely none extremely great.

As you briefly said...”Depends” is the best, because without knowing what the individual, group, or mob‘s decision to do to my vehicle or occupants - is putting the cart before the horse.

I know for me, I’m going to go into reaction mode v. offensive mode.

😎

PS,
In the future, could you please a wait a smidge before giving out the answer? 😬

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Looking for input from our members who can recognize the potential for a dangerous encounter with a hostile person, or group of people and suggest a course of action....

What would you do? Go aggressively at the individual(s), retreat and run, or go all in by pulling a weapon, or a different option you have.

Take into consideration that we all know there’s a political and judicial hypocrisy going on right now with white and black retaliation. You may choose to have that impact your course of action.

Situation.....

Either day or night. You and your wife are driving in your car around town unaware a person, a small group of 5-7 people, or a larger mob 20 plus of black and white people have taken to the streets to demonstrate in an area they haven’t been seen before.

Your vehicle has no discernible messages on it, like a Trump sticker, Rebel flag, or political message. The only message is you are both caucasian.

The individual or group of protesters you can see ahead of you are causing cars to slow or stop. Demonstrators are touching the cars, some are banging on vehicles windows, or worse hitting the vehicles with objects trying to cause damage or get the occupants out of the car.

You are blocked in from the rear by other vehicles who, like you, were just following traffic until rolling into a situation of public hostility.

You’re armed with your favorite edc...You see individual or a small group of demonstrators keying on your vehicle and are coming towards you.

What would you do? Go...

😎

Depends.

Some are so FOS they always carry them, huh?

Huh?? confused

Last edited by Dryfly24; 06/24/20.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Depends = adult diapers

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
run their ass over.

They’ve only seen your vehicle and are coming towards you.

You sure mowing people down at that point would be defensible in court?

Just asking - not saying you’re wrong.

😎

“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
This happened to a kid we had working with us in gunsmithing about 10 years ago. I think it was in March of 2010. He was on his way home from his chemo therapy treatment and got into a gaggle of critical mass bicyclist in Austin. He was tring to get into left turn lane to go to his apartment. Hos truck ended up getting beaten with chains. Back tire got cut. He was on cellphone whole time with 911 operator giving them
A blow by blow of what was happening. I think it was when they busted his back window he pulled out his Glock.

There was a youtube video of it made by the cicyclist. Nothing happened to the kid. What saved him I think was the fact that he stayed on phone with 911. He got his Glock back and everything. I think the cancer finally got him. Lost touch with him. Very young kid. In early 20’s.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 06/24/20.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Throw a bucket of chicken out the car window then make my escape while they're shooting each other as they run toward it.

Fûck that!

I love chicken...😎

“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Direct my wife to retreat to the backseat and aquire the 300Blk AR pistol behind the truck rear folding seat. Place the Glock 41 under my right thigh and get the fox labs 12oz stream can from the console. Make sure the doors are locked and call 911.
I would continue to attempt to drive off and around them the entire time telling 911 I'm trying to "get away" "they are blocking my vehicle".
At no time would I roll down the window or open the door.
If the break my window the get hosed with 1.3 million scovilles of Pepper spray. If they attempt to enter the vehicle I will command them to get away and fire warning shots only into the air.
I would only use lethal force if there is absolutely no other alternative whatsoever.
Then I would attempt CPR and render first aid to anyone injured.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Is there a discernible difference for going to gun powder with demonstrators banging and hitting the outside of your vehicle compared to breaking out the windows?

Anyone gonna wait for glass to break before going balls deep into the situation?

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

I don't know what this means.

Unfortunately he doesn’t either ..

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Trav,
I realize the scenario is full of potential options, likely none extremely great.

As you briefly said...”Depends” is the best, because without knowing what the individual, group, or mob‘s decision to do to my vehicle or occupants - is putting the cart before the horse.

😎

PS,

Do you mean defensive vs. offensive?

The opposite of reactive is proactive.

I could just not answer at all but that would make too many people happy.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is there a discernible difference for going to gun powder with demonstrators banging and hitting the outside of your vehicle compared to breaking out the windows?

Anyone gonna wait for glass to break before going balls deep into the situation?

😎

Depends.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm
Direct my wife to retreat to the backseat and aquire the 300Blk AR pistol behind the truck rear folding seat. Place the Glock 41 under my right thigh and get the fox labs 12oz stream can from the console. Make sure the doors are locked and call 911.
I would continue to attempt to drive off and around them the entire time telling 911 I'm trying to "get away" "they are blocking my vehicle".
If the break my window the get hosed with 1.3 million scovilles of Pepper spray. If they attempt to enter the vehicle I will command them to get away and fire warning shots only into the air.
I would only use lethal force if there is absolutely no other alternative whatsoever.

Just a tactical question...at close spray range, potential blow back into you and your vehicle is a problem that could impair you.

I know this to be a fact...I’ve eaten spray several times up close.

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trav,

😎

PS,

Yes.
D v. O

😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Trav,

😎

PS,

You bring the sunshine to people, here.

😎

“Molon Labe”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

😎

Quite possibly as the wife is a paraplegic. And the chances of us being caught up in the described scenario would be due to trying to get to one of her medical appointments in the city of acute weirdness.

So,,,,, chances are there might just be some punitive actions carried out.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 79S

I don't know what this means.

Unfortunately he doesn’t either ..

Uh, Depend Incontinence Products. So, you lied again.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

😎

Quite possibly as the wife is a paraplegic. And the chances of us being caught up in the described scenario would be due to trying to get to one of her medical appointments in the city of acute weirdness.

So,,,,, chances are there might just be some punitive actions carried out.

The reason for the scenario...We’re all such desperado’s when posting at each other...When in reality, a once, reasonably good decision a few years ago, is today, potentially capable of ruining a good mans life.

😎

“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For starters my thinking is a 10k pound lifted 4x4 dually with Ranch Hand bumpers would be a little hard to stop. I'm well past the point of caring anymore and carry a shotgun, 5.56 and a couple of pistols in my vehicle everywhere I go. I've been preparing for a similar scenario for years, if I can make it long enough to run out of ammo my life will of been a success. They can call it premeditated, a hate crime or whatever they want, but if someone screws with me I'm going to do my best to make them pay the ultimate price.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes, Col Travis. We would actually like to know what you would do.

Of course, almost all would try to turn around and leave, but if a herd surrounded your vehicle with family inside would you drive over commies ? Wait until they were destroying your car to SHOOT or DRIVE, please?

Last edited by jaguartx; 06/24/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ringworm

Fire warning shots? That's about dumb and a waste of ammo. You don't need to try and be politically correct, your going to be found guilty if you live through something like this anyway.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 06/24/20.

Life is good live it while you can.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.