Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Frivolous lawsuit. Supreme Court has ruled multiple times police, fire, EMS are under NO legal obligation to protect/save you. HINT: think 2A

True, but they are not suing the police or the police department, they are suing the city for the "extensive harm" they caused for not only allowing the occupation, but for supporting it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The City of Seattle should be suing CHOP.

Camp is where you make it.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by tzone

“Today, after their victory in their suit against CHOP, the city of Seattle was awarded 15,000 used heroin needles, 25,000 used condoms, 40,000 empty spray paint cans, and 2,000 overworked and aged-out whores. The city’s mayor said she is happy to receive these small memoirs of the summer of love she allowed in the heart of her city...”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by efw

“Today, after their victory in their suit against CHOP, the city of Seattle was awarded 15,000 used heroin needles, 25,000 used condoms, 40,000 empty spray paint cans, and 2,000 overworked and aged-out whores. The city’s mayor said she is happy to receive these small memoirs of the summer of love she allowed in the heart of her city...”

That is fuggin funny !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by efw

That is fuggin funny !

Most thing that are "funny" usually have an element of truth. This certainly has a bunch.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

They get what they deserve.

Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

So did anyone else notice a tattoo and fortune telling business joined the lawsuit?
Who is going to frequent that business after it's all over? LOL

Shouldn't a fortune telling business already know the outcome?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Frivolous lawsuit. Supreme Court has ruled multiple times police, fire, EMS are under NO legal obligation to protect/save you. HINT: think 2A

The Police Chief claims she wanted her officers to respond but was not allowed to. While the PD, EMS, FD etc have the right to sit it out, does that right extend to the Mayor and Governor having the right to tell PD, EMS and FD to sit it out if they don't want to? Kind of crazy how we live in a world where many hold the government responsible for everything and sue them accordingly, yet they don't even have to protect you when it counts. In WA one of the worst things is we have joint and several liability, where in a lawsuit you can be 1% responsible and pay 100% of the damages if you are the only party with money. That extends to the government which often ends up paying because the party mostly responsible say a drunk driver with a BAC of .24 likely doesn't have much money. Heck of a system.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JDK

Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

So did anyone else notice a tattoo and fortune telling business joined the lawsuit?
Who is going to frequent that business after it's all over? LOL

Shouldn't a fortune telling business already know the outcome?

And shouldn’t they have seen it coming and planned accordingly??

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The liberals do; but are you telling me not a single republican was effected?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by watch4bear

The liberals do; but are you telling me not a single republican was effected?

Are you telling me that there is a single republican in Seattle.

IC B3

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The tattoo shop could recuperate losses by patent/copyright of a new tat design “ I Survived CHOP” with bleck cucks, needles, and lgbtq graphics.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Joezone

The Police Chief claims she wanted her officers to respond but was not allowed to.

She will be retreating/correcting that statement, if she hasn’t already done so.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dumbass; there’s even republicans in California. How many members here live behind enemy lines?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
This could make for a very interesting case. As I understand it, the US Supreme Court has ruled several times that the police have no duty to protect individuals... but to protect the community as a whole. Well, here we have a police force that was ordered to abandon a community. Why ?
I think it's because, no one wanted to see any "protestors" shot, or even seriously harmed. In the other previous race riots, the authorities ended up shooting people. So, this time, to my knowledge, nobody was shot by the police or National Guard. In fact, we saw lots of cops charged with crimes during this period. We saw federal judges ordering the police not to use tear gas, etc. to control rioters.
Yes, our world has changed. E

Last edited by Oheremicus; 06/25/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They may have to pay out and they may not. One thing is certain, none of the local bigwigs in Seattle, such as the Mayor, will have to pay ANYTHING out of their own pockets. It will be the citizens taking it out of one pocket and putting it in the other. Are they deserving of that? Many are, but some aren't. Some didn't vote for this shixt and for them, I feel sorry.

L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
At the end of the day, the suit is against the citizens and they are the ones bearing the costs. The legal fees and any settlement costs will be borne by Residents of Seattle, Washington State and I am willing to wager that Seattle will tap into federal money to help.

IMHO....Seattle's mayor And city council should be who that is held 100% responsible for this mess.

Last edited by Lennie; 06/25/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,227 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,317
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.