Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Anyhow, aside from trolls trolls derailing the thread....

My main point was, I found it interesting how the concepts of fair chase and not harassing migratory waterfowl are allowed for some, but not all.

So many here call for equality and claim racism or reverse racism. Surprised the same folks are defending Chip, just because I posted this.

#CJG

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Man y’all some of the tv’ist watchin people.

I can go a week and not even turn the thing on.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
He probably got tired of the asshats like the duck of death...

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by duck911
Anyhow, aside from trolls trolls derailing the thread....

My main point was, I found it interesting how the concepts of fair chase and not harassing migratory waterfowl are allowed for some, but not all.

So many here call for equality and claim racism or reverse racism. Surprised the same folks are defending Chip, just because I posted this.

#CJG

Fuggin "race card"? Really? WTF does racism have to do with it? Just another puzzy azz democrat plant. Go shine some shoes or take a knee and suck some cock you covtard, chickenshit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have some mindless TV on while working and dinking around the innernet tonight.

This guy on the show, "Chip Hailstone", must be a native american, or have some special rules he gets to follow, because he's broken about 20 waterfowl hunting laws in one 10 minute clip, hunting in Alaska.

Barreling across the water under full power, b-lining into a flock of swans, and standing up and blasting from a moving boat. Damn!

Dude also has no issues sluicing ducks off the water with his frequently mis-firing 12 gauge black powder SXS.

Kind of a chit show to watch, for any serious duck hunter.

You clearly don't understand subsistence hunting.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by stevelyn

This guy on the show, "Chip Hailstone", must be a native american, or have some special rules he gets to follow, because he's broken about 20 waterfowl hunting laws in one 10 minute clip, hunting in Alaska.

Barreling across the water under full power, b-lining into a flock of swans, and standing up and blasting from a moving boat. Damn!

Dude also has no issues sluicing ducks off the water with his frequently mis-firing 12 gauge black powder SXS.

You clearly don't understand subsistence hunting.

He clearly doesn't understand anything except towing the MSM/Democrat line

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jackmountain

If I am a liberal, then you are Oprah Winfrey.

If they are "subsistence hunting" they are doing it out of tradition only, and because they can. Decent boat with a clean Merc outboard, and for the non-criminals in the family, nice weapons as well.

Do you guys REALLY believe the drivel these shows produce??? Are you SO ignorant that you think the "hailstones" are starving and live water-sluiced duck, to water sluiced duck?

JFC!!!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The stupid is strong.

Happy Trails

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

If they are "subsistence hunting" they are doing it out of tradition only, and because they can. Decent boat with a clean Merc outboard, and for the non-criminals in the family, nice weapons as well.

Do you guys REALLY believe the drivel these shows produce??? Are you SO ignorant that you think the "hailstones" are starving and live water-sluiced duck, to water sluiced duck?

JFC!!!

That mask has cut off too much oxygen from your pea brain. #frontlinehero

Last edited by jackmountain; 06/25/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you swallow your O ring?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Man y’all some of the tv’ist watchin people.

I can go a week and not even turn the thing on.

I watch a tv show about you and renegade

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The duk believes that subsistence hunting is done properly while wearing tweed w/ a bespoke double.

What a gomer, anyone that hasn't ground sluiced a duck or a grouse hasn't been very hungry.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I met Sue in Kavik back in '11 when we hunted Caribou near there. She's a nice lady and has great stories for a campfire. Included in part of our Caribou trip was a night in Kavik, Sue is an excellent cook as well. That woman works HARD when she's in Kavik

She says and does some stuff on the show that makes folks roll their eyes a bit, but, we could benefit from a lot more people like Sue. When something goes awry she doesn't sit and wonder who'd gonna come fix her problem, she finds a way and keeps on living.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That all falls under federal subsistance , they can do things only us road system folks can dream of doing. Like spring Goose hunting, gathering eggs in the nesting grounds, etc. Chip is not native either he just living a subsitance life. Hell you can go live it too, pack up and move to noorvik

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

JFC!!!

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows those shows are scripted. I couldn't believe the horseschitt spewed on Yukon Men (I lived in Tanana for a couple years and know most of the guys on the show) and the Deadliest Catch guys will tell you the producers get creative with scripting.

The methods used are pretty common practice here. Plus we have fall and spring seasons and can gather eggs.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The duk believes that subsistence hunting is done properly while wearing tweed w/ a bespoke double.

What a gomer, anyone that hasn't ground sluiced a duck or a grouse hasn't been very hungry.

mike r

There is a time and a place to sluice a bird. Young kids, to build confidence, is one. And injured bird on the ground, an obvious second. I ALWAYS prefer to ground sluice turkeys. whistle

The last bird I sluiced was a dusky grouse, 3 or 4 years ago. He was winged, and on a ridge edge. He was one step away from a long sail into oblivion. I whacked him right on the ground.

Question, Mike. Have you even SEEN the episode I am talking about??? Or is this just the same knee jerk reaction you always have?

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Duke of Duck. "Now where's that warden when you need him?"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another fun fact is duck hunters up in Alaska in my zone can shoot 8 ducks a day. That’s any duck, not 2 this 2 that... our season opens on 1 September as well. If any of you Goobers ever wanted to hunt ducks up here hit me up.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh I will Arkansas a duck in a heartbeat I’m no ph ucking purist

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by stevelyn

It's pretty common practice here. Plus we have fall and spring seasons and can gather eggs.

I bet those eggs are amazing!

Serious question - Do you prefer to shoot ducks on the water with wings tucked (full sluice), or flush them and shoot just as they spread their wings?

I shot some spring ducks with a college buddy off vernal springs in Northern California under a special permit for a few years, for a big biology project. We (almost) always found better success shooting on the flush.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,617
Posts18,532,974
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.