-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many years ago like maybe 2013 I ordered two different powders they claimed were in stock. The order was placed in February and after falsely claiming it would be shipped several times they refunded my credit card account without notifying me or paying me interest. This was done after 8 months. Powder was in short supply and I believe they diverted my powder to a preferred customer. Haven't bought a thing from Larry since.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When the big toilet paper scare had fully kicked in and crazy was the rule of the day, folks making runs on the canned food and such, our local Walmart began a hiring blitz. They had every retard in town several to an aisle and posted they could "flash hire" and have you on the payroll in two hours. Never seen so many people doing so little work. Of course this was before the sheeple corrals and dunce masks. Crazy year.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Well the bad part is that it's not just one
company with problems, but many.
Companies top heavy with management
of all levels, all trying to implement their
own policies and practices so they can
step back and say how this great new
improvement came about all because of
something they implemented, etc.
That's even infected the parks and
wildlife department here.

What can you do?
Put in your order and sit
and twiddle your thumbs.
Kinda like waiting on the freight
wagons to bring something to the
general store from St Louis 150 years ago

My how we have progressed

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I tried to order a Trigger Tech trigger from Thegundoc. Their website is a pita and non functional, if you need to change address. Tried calling and just got run in a circle of voice mail. Hung up and ordered elsewhere.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Is it still Larry? Thought MidwayUSA was sold? Last couple orders went fine, got what I ordered in a fairly reasonable amount of time. Thankfully, no need for customer service.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
One thing can’t be denied is they have built the best website in the business.

I beg to differ.

Years ago the site was great. They have gone backwards. My biggest peeve with the current version is their search filters. It used to be a side bar menu or menus with check boxes qnd dedicated side scroll bars. They've altered it with sub menus that collapse or expand and no dedicated scroll bar for the side menu. Each time you select an individual selection, the whole sub menu refreshes and if you had expanded the sub menu, it collapses and starts you back at the top. So for example, if you want to search 30 cal rifle bullets in 180 gr to 220 gr range, you will have to select 180, then it refreshes, that sub menu collapses, takes you back to the top. You have to repeat that for each weight category and scroll way down. With no scroll bar for that sub menu, you either have to pan across to the far right of the page or use another method to scroll like the arrow key or pg dn. With the side scroll bar, you could just grab it and zip right where you wanted it.

It takes forever and is maddening. The Millennial or Gen Z "genius" that did this should be made to scrub the entire length of I-45 with a tooth brush with someone kicking him in the ass the entire way.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm larry pottedmeat with midwayusa, and that's the way it is.

Lol.

Just another way to sell schit, but dodge the customer. Amazon is doing the same thing. Amazon!

Yeah, it used to be a snap to actually talk to someone at Amazon about a problem, but now they make it extremely difficult, to near impossible, to do so.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I rather enjoy not having to speak with a person. Zero issues with Midway here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Lol.

Just another way to sell schit, but dodge the customer. Amazon is doing the same thing. Amazon!

Yeah, it used to be a snap to actually talk to someone at Amazon about a problem, but now they make it extremely difficult, to near impossible, to do so.

Hawkeye, I believe Mr. Bezos has taken advantage of the baloney virus to streamline and increase sales and remove attentive customer service from the equation.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gemby58
what's up with midway USA customer service?, not taking phone calls, your email them it comes back

This message was sent from an unmonitored email address. If you need further assistance please contact MidwayUSA Customer Service through our Contact Us page.

WTF is going on over there, they gave me some tracking number for a order that shipped on 6-22-20 that shows the package was delivered on 4-20-20 in Danville AR. There going to act like this then I'll order from someone else in the furture. How do you get in contact with them now.

Could be that their customer service is being conducted from stay at home employees.

Trying to get my daughter registered for Fall classes. The state univ here all admissions people are working from home

Which means they are phoucking-off. Or if you get a live person, they’re brats and dogs are in the background.

Their protocol is to email us and we *might* reply in 2-4 business days.

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
"In normal times"

I'll grab something from them at a close out price, or if I just can't find it anywhere else. As I can usually beat their prices elsewhere.

"During these times, a double cluster flop. The pandemic & the rioting?"

Everything everywhere gun & shooting related is mostly a mess.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
They had what I wanted, it shipped the same day, tracking number they gave me is fake, that package was delivered on 4-20

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Last week (last Thursday, in fact) I placed an order with Midway, and I had it Saturday around noon. Fastest service I've ever gotten from them, AND the order was complete, another shocker. For whatever reasons, I get great service from both them and Midsouth.

However, I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon if my life depended on it. I worked in an Amazon warehouse and know how they treat their employees, and with the PC climate infecting them now, it's worse than when I worked there. I wouldn't pizz down Bezo's throat if his guts were on fire. I'm sitting on a $100 gift card from them right now, and won't use the damned thing. I just don't want anything to do with them.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Neither do I, I do as little business with them as possible in today's world.

But, if you're serious about not wanting to use that $100 gift card, I'll PM you my address.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Last week (last Thursday, in fact) I placed an order with Midway, and I had it Saturday around noon. Fastest service I've ever gotten from them, AND the order was complete, another shocker. For whatever reasons, I get great service from both them and Midsouth.

I've not had any issues with Midway either. Most of my online purchases for shooting gear and reloading stuff is from Midway, Midsouth Shooters, Grafs and Natchez Shooters. All good experiences.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Lol.

Yup, thanks for making us rich.........you can fu-k off now. crazy grin

Trump Won!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The site does behave differently depending upon the platform, browser and user settings. I have zero complaints and absolutely love how it operates. Would like to sort by BC though.

Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
One thing can’t be denied is they have built the best website in the business.

I beg to differ.

Years ago the site was great. They have gone backwards. My biggest peeve with the current version is their search filters. It used to be a side bar menu or menus with check boxes qnd dedicated side scroll bars. They've altered it with sub menus that collapse or expand and no dedicated scroll bar for the side menu. Each time you select an individual selection, the whole sub menu refreshes and if you had expanded the sub menu, it collapses and starts you back at the top. So for example, if you want to search 30 cal rifle bullets in 180 gr to 220 gr range, you will have to select 180, then it refreshes, that sub menu collapses, takes you back to the top. You have to repeat that for each weight category and scroll way down. With no scroll bar for that sub menu, you either have to pan across to the far right of the page or use another method to scroll like the arrow key or pg dn. With the side scroll bar, you could just grab it and zip right where you wanted it.

It takes forever and is maddening. The Millennial or Gen Z "genius" that did this should be made to scrub the entire length of I-45 with a tooth brush with someone kicking him in the ass the entire way.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Lol.

Yup, thanks for making us rich.........you can fu-k off now. crazy grin

That's what they're saying. But, not out of their mouths. Lol.

smile grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gemby58
They had what I wanted, it shipped the same day, tracking number they gave me is fake, that package was delivered on 4-20

I'm not guaranteeing that this is the answer, but they do reuse tracking numbers. It's entirely possible that the newest use of that number just hasn't yet shown up in the system.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why does it have to be Ill intent?

Why not they are just overwhelmed with orders....

#chinaflu lockdown has folks buying online like crazy.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 25 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.