Campfire Ranger
K
Ok Ben.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I can be there early if ya need someone there Kent to hold the spot or have someone there, so it doesn't get taken by others...

Az is two days on the road for me, but I'd be able to leave when I need to, I'm not letting other stuff get in my way this year...like it seems to every year....I'll be flying solo, the wife couldn't get off of work, as her one co worker is taking the time off since her mother passed during the same time period last year....I just got home from being down in CA, paying my respects to my mother who is interned at Riverside National Cemetery.... this past weekend would have been her 90th birthday...

Let me know how I can help in any way Ken....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by krp
Ok Mark, forest lakes has a lodge, don't know how expensive it is, basically a motel. Heber has several, about 15 miles away, probably cheaper.

We'll check into it, Kent.
15 miles isn't that far - 'specially several hundred miles from home smile
Gotta keep "The Warden" comfortable, ya know!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Seafire
I can be there early if ya need someone there Kent to hold the spot or have someone there, so it doesn't get taken by others...

Az is two days on the road for me, but I'd be able to leave when I need to, I'm not letting other stuff get in my way this year...like it seems to every year....I'll be flying solo, the wife couldn't get off of work, as her one co worker is taking the time off since her mother passed during the same time period last year....I just got home from being down in CA, paying my respects to my mother who is interned at Riverside National Cemetery.... this past weekend would have been her 90th birthday...

Let me know how I can help in any way Ken....

I'll setup enough stuff to stake out our territory, but depending on who's coming some of the guys like getting there Monday or Tuesday, l just want to make sure everyone finds it a gets settled.

No one has to be there early.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Kent... but being there late, means I am still at home...

I need a vacation from being at home...

and away from our State Queen.... Kate "let them eat cake" Brown...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I know we have more people than this coming.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kent. et al, - - - would love to have Maddy with me but will be coming alone this time. Should be on site by mid-day Friday - and may be able to get there by late Thursday if I can catch a break from the overload of events/tasks here. Needing a respite and really looking forward to being with these fine folks. Things we need to bring to help out ??

Good to see that Mark/Joy., Seafire and Brian are traveling in - do we know the plans of other way distant travelers like Miles, Randy, Kaywoodie, Ranger G. TexnCal, etc., etc. ? What's up fellas?

Watching for directions to the site.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Kent:

I'm not going to read the whole thread. You know me. I'm just lazy.

So where and when?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Kent:

OK so I did read the whole thread. A week and a half from now is the date right? I found both FS road 237 and 122 on the map. Do you know which one and where yet?

GPS Coordinates?

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
Kent: OK so I did read the whole thread. A week and a half from now is the date right? I found both FS road 237 and 122 on the map. Do you know which one and where yet? GPS Coordinates? KC

krp - "Ok I'm going to go by wed and chose the spot based on availability.".

IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
With the 14 day camp limit I theoretically could go today but I'm not quite ready with a trailer to set up with. I will have to establish a camp not just choose a spot, as it could be occupied by someone else anytime.

This covoid deal has impacted the forests, since April there had been record camping numbers, folks being sick of staying in, kids no school, adults no work. People are staying for more than the weekend.

Tonto forest is totally closed, that forces all those campers up on top.

I have my choices from 1 on down, they are all within a few miles of forest lakes on the north side. Just hang on a few more days.

Kent

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by CCCC

Paul:

Aren't there two OOs in choose? I love this forum. Where else would you get an opportunity to correct the spelling of a teacher? grin

KC

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Kent. et al, - - - would love to have Maddy with me but will be coming alone this time. Should be on site by mid-day Friday - and may be able to get there by late Thursday if I can catch a break from the overload of events/tasks here. Needing a respite and really looking forward to being with these fine folks. Things we need to bring to help out ??

Good to see that Mark/Joy., Seafire and Brian are traveling in - do we know the plans of other way distant travelers like Miles, Randy, Kaywoodie, Ranger G. TexnCal, etc., etc. ? What's up fellas?

Watching for directions to the site.

I’m sorry Paul. I mentioned way early in the thread that I was only going to be able to do one summer event this year, and I was going to the Rocky Mountain National Rendezvous at Creede Colo. Leaving late this Thursday night. BE there little over a week. Pre 1840 mountain man event.

Will miss seeing all you folks!!!
Have fun!

Bob

Last edited by kaywoodie; 07/06/20.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Who's going to entertain all those women admirers?

Have fun Bob, see ya around the horn.

Kent

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We're hoping Bob, and contingent, manage to stop by on their trip - at least coffee and a pee stop!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Say hi to that reprobate when he stops by your place.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
I think what I'm going to do is start a group pm when I pick a spot to give details. Just to be safe from lurkers.

Those here that say they're coming or have contacted me through other ways.

Kent

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Wish I could make it. Have fun men!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Oohhh - we WILL!!!! smile smile smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC

Paul: Aren't there two OOs in choose? I love this forum. Where else would you get an opportunity to correct the spelling of a teacher? grin KC

You are a good guy KC - so sorry to break your joy bubble . That was not my spelling - the comment was from Kent.

I will misspell something for you in the next post. grin

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (16penny, 14idaho, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 33 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.