Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Haven't been to one in 30 years........

You bastid

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The the owner of the shows ( who also owns Shoot Straight stores in Florida) mandated that private sellers must have his table perform a background check in order to sell a gun at this show.

That's Khalid for you. When the a-hole started charging for parking on top of the highest price of any show around to get into the big show at Miami Fairgrounds, I stopped going. Then I stopped going to any of his shows.

Part of my life's work is making sure that prick never gets another nickel of my money.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Last show I went to was Tulsa, two years ago.

Back when I attended the local shows regularly I would see some sellers with the same overpriced stuff on their tables again and again. I spent a lot of time thinking about this - why the hell do these guys pay all the expenses (especially the ones from out of town), waste a weekend at a gun show and hardly sell anything? I think a lot of them are there to buy, not sell - they are watching the folks walking the show carrying a gun to sell. That is the only explanation I could come up with that made any sense.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think a lot of them are there to buy, not sell

You nailed that one. This is why get a table. I'm in before the public grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Savage2400: My close friend and Varminting partner traveled out of state to a gunshow in northern Idaho this past weekend (June 27 & 28) and from his two tables he sold 3 guns, several knives, over $1,000.00 in ammunition (mostly pistol but some Rifle), a Rifle stock, bottom metal set and three Rifle scopes.
He said the show was well attended and wild.
He also signed up for tables for July 11th and 12th gunshow at the same venue - I may travel there myself if the Bozeman gunshow does not re-open that weekend.
I can't wait for the gunshows to get rollin here in Montana again!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Haven't been to one in 30 years........

You bastid

LOL

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by savage24

Back when I attended the local shows regularly I would see some sellers with the same overpriced stuff on their tables again and again. I spent a lot of time thinking about this - why the hell do these guys pay all the expenses (especially the ones from out of town), waste a weekend at a gun show and hardly sell anything? I think a lot of them are there to buy, not sell - they are watching the folks walking the show carrying a gun to sell. That is the only explanation I could come up with that made any sense.

we have a gun shop in town, guy lives above the store. I bet he gets in 6 new guns a year - I haven't been there in 2 years and I'd almost guarantee you he has the same stuff on the walls as he did last time I was there.

He probably sells a bit of ammo and a few handguns, but I think he just loves to bullschit with the 5 or 6 customers he has all day, watch his fox news and then go upstairs for dinner and bed.That's his life.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Would love to check out a gun show, looking for one of those coveted loopholes.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I think it was about 15 years ago I came to the realization that every time I went to a gun show I left disappointed.

Mathew 22: 37-39

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I guess shows have gone to hell
everywhere. I used to couldn't
wait for a show to come around.
Used to be ( around here) that all
the scented candles and potpourri
and purses and costume jewelry
weren't allowed. Tables had to be
like 60% guns or gun related or
knives. Then, they started allowing
all the flea market stuff, but back
in the far corner only. The last ones
I went to, it's pretty much wherever.
My biggest problem the last times
I had tables was the looky loos that
would gaze your table and turn to
his buddies behind him and talk
about how he could get on so-and-so
website and have one of whatever
shipped to his house for $2.00

Who needs a bunch of tire kickers
criticizing your goods? That, and
having to pass 3 tables of candles
just to look at a shotgun

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Guess I’m fortunate as I attend the Baltimore and Syracuse shows (yearly) and Allentown and other local shows (regularly). Most always find something special that is reasonably priced.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Khalid has killed this show--he has had a gun show in Ft.Myers on Super bowl sunday for least the last 3 years WTF
2 guys gun shows in Florida mandate a Mask again WTF

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Ever gun show out here has all kinds of junk from Bamboo Pillows to Russian Matryoshka dolls WTF

Ted
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The stupidest thing (TO ME) are gun shows that are held the opening weekend of deer season or any weekend during deer season.

What person wants to peruse a show full of popcorn and pork rind venders when they can be in a tree stand?

Makes zero sense.

Unless it appeals to lardass Waffle House deer hunters who leave the woods at 9am.

Throw in hunters breakfest events.
LOL!!!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by renegade50
The stupidest thing (TO ME) are gun shows that are held the opening weekend of deer season or any weekend during deer season.

What person wants to peruse a show full of popcorn and pork rind venders when they can be in a tree stand?

Makes zero sense.

Unless it appeals to lardass Waffle House deer hunters who leave the woods at 9am.

Throw in hunters breakfest events.
LOL!!!

Never understood those.
Everything we do during the season is dinner related.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by muffin
Originally Posted by EdM
In normal times I go a handful of times per year. I have found some pretty good deals from non-dealers. In the past couple of years it's been consignment guns from small gun shops. Last week I found a nice piece priced right at a pawn shop.

Pawn shops can be interesting...

Guy had an old Veterlli on the wall, I asked to look at it, said 'how much', he says '$1200', I says 'It's not worth half that', he says 'OK, I'll take $600', I say 'I said it's NOT worth half that'..... I ended up trading a bolt action sears 16ga and $80 IIRC.... He pissed and moaned next time i was in, He thought the 16 was a 12ga....

In a local pawn shop last week with my BIL, he was looking at a shotgun, I showed him that the stock had cast-off, Pawn owner comes and takes the gun, looks down it, sees the 'bent' stock and starts ranting and raving about how he missed the bum stock............. I said relax, it's a feature not a flaw............ he had never heard of Cast Off...... I said 'that'll be $20, it's worth more now' ...... he didn't pay!!!

You can find some good ones at pawn shops.

Right time , right place.
5 major planets line up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Used to be anyone's garage was a gunshow waiting to happen. Nowadays ever one gotta pass a background check to hand your gun to a huntin buddy.

Yeah, we're losing. Losing fuqueing big time.

LOL
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Weatherby Vanguard rifle with a huge Barska scope mounted on it for $999.....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by savage24

Think alot of older guys just go to for a hobby with no intention to sell from their prices and just wanna talk and show off some guns.
From junk to decent stuff.
Which aint a bad thing. But thats kinda the impression I get off some guys.
Marked 15 to 25% at least above any conditions price.
Safe from anyone with common sense from buying, but a disscusion starter one way or the other type of thing.
Like a need for relevance outta boredom or loneliness.
See the same thing you observe around the circut here.
Not selling a thing , but always their.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Jericho
Weatherby Vanguard rifle with a huge Barska scope mounted on it for $999.....

Ask how much without the craptastic " value added " scope.
I have used the term craptastic alot at gun shows especially with scopes and tasco rings and bases...
Lol!!!

Dirty look and 999
Dirty look and 989

For a vanguard he got at wally world 3 yrs ago on brickseek clearance for 289.......

LOL!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 3,228 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.