B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Swamps got bugs you know nothing about out there in Montana.

You ain’t seen mosquitoes.

Milk River Valley..........................
The little fuggers will bleed you dry and carry you away.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Swamps got bugs you know nothing about out there in Montana.

You ain’t seen mosquitoes.

Milk River Valley..........................

Land's End, SC in August when deer season fires up on the 15th.

My mosquito dick might be bigger than your mosquito dick.... (hahaha!)

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink
I've never seen a city anywhere that didn't suck. The main reason I try to stay the fuuck away from them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Alaska is where the real ones are. And timberline in the Oregon Cascades. And the Great Basin. Mosquitoes suck and suck and suck.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Actually its Hinsdale Montana.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Alaska is where the real ones are. And timberline in the Oregon Cascades. And the Great Basin. Mosquitoes suck and suck and suck.
Lots of em in Minnesota too. All that water is mosquito breeding grounds.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'm glad we're all getting along tonight. Hate, (of mosquitoes,) brought us together.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
This thread isn't about pride or the lack thereof in Gettysburg or where somebody lives. It's about similarities between then and now that should give everybody pause. It's about freedom and about those who consistently trod upon it.

Originally Posted by the first superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy
You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by jimy
Your future looks bright ! laugh The small ones are such Lil darlins !

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

Damn, that's a pile of Negroes. The little niglets are learning how to act all kneegery at an early age too..........lol.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

Damn, that's a pile of Negroes. The little niglets are learning how to act all kneegery at an early age too..........lol.

All supported by our tax dollars...........
Generational way of life.
Lbj,s great society programs for votes.
Its all free, vote for me.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Sooooo
Glad we pay for em ....
And they vote also.....

JFC...

All supported by our tax dollars...........
Generational way of life.
Lbj,s great society programs for votes.
Its all free, vote for me.

Thats public education at its best !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Yah, personally I don't think either side ought be proud of a day so many Americans were killed or wounded in battle without a foreign enemy.

I feel like that. These kind of things are a never ending effort to make two wrongs make a right which never works.

The south was practicing slavery, which was legal at the time and has been practiced since the beginning of time and is still practiced today. The people of the "free and independent states" voted to secede over it and start their own country, likely also legal.

The north prosecuted an illegal war against the South to prevent secession.....later on adopted the guise of "ending slavery" which is little more than a cover up. But they won and history is written by the winners. So you have the Federal Behemoth of today which can cram things like sodomite marriage and gun control down the throats of the states. But "states rights" is not a panacea either. Not if you were a slave in the south prior to 1865 or if you are a guy who wants to legally carry a pistol in New York City or any number of other Yankee cities today. States can get things wrong too.

The real problem is mankind tends to gravitate toward tyranny for whatever reason.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66
Yah, personally I don't think either side ought be proud of a day so many Americans were killed or wounded in battle without a foreign enemy.

I feel like that. These kind of things are a never ending effort to make two wrongs make a right which never works.

The south was practicing slavery, which was legal at the time and has been practiced since the beginning of time and is still practiced today. The people of the "free and independent states" voted to secede over it and start their own country, likely also legal.

The north prosecuted an illegal war against the South to prevent secession.....later on adopted the guise of "ending slavery" which is little more than a cover up. But they won and history is written by the winners. So you have the Federal Behemoth of today which can cram things like sodomite marriage and gun control down the throats of the states. But "states rights" is not a panacea either. Not if you were a slave in the south prior to 1865 or if you are a guy who wants to legally carry a pistol in New York City or any number of other Yankee cities today. States can get things wrong too.

The real problem is mankind tends to gravitate toward tyranny for whatever reason.

Good post RJY. I'll add to it by saying also that the Northern states had become concerned that the South was becoming too wealthy because of it's agricultural based economy, almost exclusively cotton, and was afraid that the South would no longer be able to be kept "in line" by the North. I believe in States Rights, and believe they're just as important today as they were in 1860.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a southerner by blood on both sides of my family. Both fought for the right side. That said, if the right side hadn't lost and we were in the Confederacy today, my guess is that somehow things would have gotten just as upside-down as they are now. Trading Federal rule for state just creates 50 smaller tyrants in place of one big one. But, the closer you are to the government, the better. The county commissioner knows he might get his ass kicked if he gets too far out of line. School board members know they will. Governors, know they won't.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Abraham Lincoln -- Letter to Horace Greeley

Written during the heart of the Civil War, this is one of Abraham Lincoln's most famous letters. Greeley, editor of the influential New York Tribune, had just addressed an editorial to Lincoln called "The Prayer of Twenty Millions," making demands and implying that Lincoln's administration lacked direction and resolve.

President Lincoln wrote his reply when a draft of the Emancipation Proclamation already lay in his desk drawer. His response revealed his concentration on preserving the Union. The letter, which received acclaim in the North, stands as a classic statement of Lincoln's constitutional responsibilities. A few years after the president's death, Greeley wrote an assessment of Lincoln. He stated that Lincoln did not actually respond to his editorial but used it instead as a platform to prepare the public for his "altered position" on emancipation.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[quote=jaguartx]In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

What the phucqk are you talking about? Gawd you're going looney.

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad[/quote

this is what's funny....arguing who has the biggest shcithole cites....doesn't matter what state you live in ...a schithole is a schithole….

let heads explode on this....maybe statues coming down is a good thing...it always seems to bring up hard feelings amongst the older crowd

whenever this topic comes up......you can always sense the underlying hate...….Americans killing Americans is probably not the best scenario….this shoud trigger some good name calling....lol...…..bob

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
In your dreams, but you're making progress in Atlanta, Houston, Austin. Glad you're proud. You may as well support the BLM crowd. Progress, remember. wink

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad

Sorry, MB. Making comments on what the Yanks won.

They raped the south. Now they are getting the raping.

Second time blacks are being used as the excuse for tyranny to progress.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
This thread isn't about pride or the lack thereof in Gettysburg or where somebody lives. It's about similarities between then and now that should give everybody pause. It's about freedom and about those who consistently trod upon it.

Originally Posted by the first superintendent of the Louisiana State Seminary of Learning & Military Academy
You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it... Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth—right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.

Fascinatingly prescient....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The Southerners keep blaming us for a war they lost 100 years before we were even born.

I think it's fair to blame them for importing all these Negroes, instead of hiring white people, to pick their cotton. For the sake of the 2% of Southerners who owned plantations, we have been left with a lawless horde with low IQs and lack of impulse control.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

My comment is commentary on how silly arguing if Northern or Southern dem cities are worse. Take your liberal accusations and shoove it, please. mad

Sorry, MB. Making comments on what the Yanks won.

They raped the south. Now they are getting the raping.

Second time blacks are being used as the excuse for tyranny to progress.

Don't get it. Seems to be libtard thing, not Northern nor Southern. Personally, I think it is good we're all 50 states instead of broken up.

No feelers hurt or anything. Bricktop says I need to show more humility....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,698
Posts18,475,238
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.