MOLON LABE

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by kenster99
That looks good. I have refurbished two Aristocrat trailers in the past, fun projects. Have an electrical panel control box out of a Terry trailer if you need one. Has the fuse panel, switches, battery gauge, etc.

I've installed a panel that goes over where I'm making a wash stand and cabinet, it has a usb port, 12v plugin, on/off and voltage meter... the black square in the wall. I have a fuse box that will go under somewhere close to the wires coming out.

This is a 75 road ranger, I also have a 75 Terry the same size that has all the stuff inside and original. Guy on the local hunting site had it for sale, offered it to me for 800 bucks, he didn't know if the appliances worked, wife about killed me for buying it. All the appliances work, except the furnace pilot won't stay lit when I release the button. Frig works surprisingly, stove, oven, water pump... 800 bucks, what was I supposed to do say no? I used it last year on an elk hunt and for DARBY's deer hunt, him and Dennis slept in it while I slept outside.

Anyway that's another project needing only a little cosmetics and not this one.

Kent

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What is the flooring?

Pine T&G, I thought about those laminate wood looking flooring but nothing looked rustic or natural enough and it's expensive. The pine was much more the look I wanted and cost less, it sounds right when I walk on it. I used 22 boards at 8 bucks a board, twice as much per sq ft as the cedar but the cedar is to soft for flooring and would have been checkerboarded.

Kent

Good choice. Laminate generally fares poorly where it does not have constant HVAC.

And if the pine gets beat up some it'll just look more rustic and cool.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kent I would have thought you would get Dave to help you and put stamped concrete on the floor.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by 45_100
Kent I would have thought you would get Dave to help you and put stamped concrete on the floor.

Ha, reminds me, around 2000, Cheryl wanted new flooring in the kitchen before Christmas, we were hosting her family. She wanted stamped concrete, back then we were doing a bunch of stamped driveways and patios as it was all the rage. I told her it's hard to clean... no she wanted it. So that's what she got, she loved it.

A few years later she was sick of it, all the undulations were hard to keep clean.

So, I tore it up and installed tile.

They never listen.

Kent

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The porch in our Ontario place had pine flooring, it was good, we laid birch over the pine to match the rest of the floors, and level the floors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Love it Kent !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Turned out great, and personally for me that would be the more right-sized trailer for hunting and camping.

Unfortunately I’m stuck with a 29 footer until I trade or sell. I would trade someone ‘even-Steven’ down to a 16,18,20ftr if I found the right deal.

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

A few things I will try and incorporate into the decor, not sure about the elk shed or converting the lamps to 12v but we'll see.

Trailer is in the mountains on the lot I have my 5th wheel, came home yesterday to kiss the wife and get more supplies to button up the insides. Hopefully I'll have it done after next weekend, at least usable, and can update. I plan on having it up at the camp event next month and get some real time feedback from those here attending.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Like that double bit axe, what about an old hammer double barrel?

IC B3

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
Turned out great, and personally for me that would be the more right-sized trailer for hunting and camping.

Unfortunately I’m stuck with a 29 footer until I trade or sell. I would trade someone ‘even-Steven’ down to a 16,18,20ftr if I found the right deal.

Yep, but the wife won't give up her 5th wheel for a 'bunk house', she's always looking for a bigger one with more slides, soon we will probably be traveling the summers as I slow down working and I see the need for a nice trailer we can pull into RV parks and such.

But I don't need a huge trailer hunting, I sleep on a cot often but that camp takes up room in the truck bed. This camper can haul the outside stuff in the front open area and supply an extra sleeping area for whoever, whenever.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K

Originally Posted by wabigoon
Like that double bit axe, what about an old hammer double barrel?

I'm sure I'll have a lever and six shooter hanging.

Kent

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
One more question, can I borrow it? laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Love it Kent !!

Old school cool ='s forgotten craftsmanship.

Nothing more satisfying than doing it yourself.

Properly !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Sure, probably others will use it more than me, thinking the grandkids and jr elk camp kids.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How thick were those wall planks? 3/4”

And do you think all of that added a whole lot more weight vs what you tore out done away with?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I went back an reread, answered my question.

Again, looks great.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7

Kent, I have a original sheep camp trailer, From the the Theos, sheep outfit in Colorado, They are called a HOME, by the herder's.

Mine is set up to be pulled by a team of horses, but we can pull it with a pickup if you go slow, it is all as it was built over 90 yrs ago, all I've replaced is the canvas top and a couple of bows. still has small wood stove, table and bunks, and oil lamps that used rendered sheep fat. It's at my place in Colorado, my grand kids love camping in it down by the lake.

The Theos, brother's ran over 100,000 sheep in N.W. Colo. when I was a boy. Rio7

Rio,

does it look like this?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

sorry for the crappy phone pic, the "home" was inside this round barn in Fall River Mills CA:

the inside of the wagon is still there too, hard to get good pics as they had a hog panel fence across the area to keep folks out:

Kent, that's one heck of a rebuild on that camp trailer. Good to see you're taking care of it!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by slumlord
How thick were those wall planks? 3/4”

And do you think all of that added a whole lot more weight vs what you tore out done away with?

They are cheap 6ft by 5 1/2inch by 1/2inch actual measured cedar fence slats, they weigh almost nothing for the thickness, they might weigh a pound apiece and I used less than 70. I had to cut the crown they put on them off, so they were about 5'10". Lowes had drier ones, I bought the first couple from HD and they were still wet from cutting but dried out in a few days, warped a little, Lowes were better, I paid about 2.50 each.

The pine was weighed more but only used 22 at 8 bucks each, still probably 50 lbs. It was actual 1/2 inch, probably listed as 3/4.

The ceiling I have yet to buy, I've decided on 1/4 pine grain plywood at 40 bucks a sheet and need a little over 3, so 4 and I'll have enough to frame a wash stand over the wheel well. Daughter has to have a sink so the grandkids can wash their did'jets.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 06/30/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I call white cedar, nature's Styrofoam. 12" boards will blow away in the wind.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.