Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought 2 pairs of Swiss Military surplus dress pants and posted the review on Sportsman s Guide....3 other times. They don't want low scores. They want to sell these off.

There were 2 categories. One was 10 pairs used for $10. The other was what I ordered, 1 pair new unissued at $20.
Buyer Beware
I expect it to be deleted shortly like the last 3 reviews, so I kept this brief and thought I'd pass it on to anyone here thinking of buying wool hunting pants.
These are field/ dress pants of medium weight.
Good features, but Inseam is way too low, so I'll have to figure out how to adjust them.
Because of carpet beetle infestation, they got into my house! Had I known about the work and time involved to make them right, I would've sent them back immediately...not brought them in. They pass off used clothes as" like new ",NEVER ISSUED". Used to list , "New," until I complained. That is unacceptable. The management was notified. I decided to keep them because I think that the beetle issue has been dealt with. This fall, they'll be getting use.
Here's the link.

Go to Reviews.
Read: Fool Me Once.....Used, Carpet Beetles

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/swiss-military-surplus-dress-pants-like-new?a=2208351

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/30/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The beetles were free.

Stop bitching

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Beetle Lives Matter

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've bought several pairs of wool pants, both the older and heavier green and the newer lw grey at a few army surplus stores. I prefer to look at what I'm getting before I buy stuff like that.

The carpet beetles just makes your gripe funny.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not wool, but I have used these trousers for outside chores summer into fall.
Very comfortable and functional.

https://www.epicmilitaria.com/original-grade-moleskin-trousers-od.html

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have come across a few kinds of surplus wool pants over the years but would rarely use the as "dress" pants...The wool is usually pretty coarse and not something i would want if I was sitting at a desk all day..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Beetle Lives Matter

LOL! BLM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've used the old US military issue wool pants for hunting and they worked very well. Pair them with some silk or other lightweight long johns and they keep you nice and warm.

Plus, they make great insulation against propane heaters. Old timers here will understand...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I think the dark grey are classified as dress pants and the green are more field pants., but will be over a base layer of Merino long Johns. The temperature range from cold to warm and rain anytime makes wool my new favorite choice for hunting.

The Beatle title hopefully will alert buyers of what they might end up with.
I'm hoping Sportsmans Guide will just hire someone to check stuff before shipping and fire or move the joker who wastes their customers time...IF that's the issue.
It's false advertising and probably SG trying to maximize$ by slipping through lesser stuff they'd have to pitch. They can always plead ignorance.

Lots of guys will have one good and one bad of the same items. Mistakes happen, but Im starting to think that it's their unwritten policy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
285 posts in less than a month. Gotta be a sock puppet. Which “former member “ can it be?

Sam......

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I buy and wear them commando for a week or so and then return them. Maybe you got a pair of those.

The Swiss probably NEED a longer inseam than you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kelbro
I buy and wear them commando for a week or so and then return them. Maybe you got a pair of those.

The Swiss probably NEED a longer inseam than you.

Lol, Commando in wool pants, yer a tough fuqker for sure!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Get the British commando sweater too.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That wasn't a scathing review. Strongly worded, sure, but they'll delete it eventually so might as well bring the big guns right off the bat.

Threaten a lawsuit and make them buy you a new carpet because the beetles ate yours.

Roy Mercer style.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I bought 2 pairs of Swiss Military surplus dress pants and posted the review on Sportsman s Guide....3 other times. They don't want low scores. They want to sell these off.

There were 2 categories. One was 10 pairs used for $10. The other was what I ordered, 1 pair new unissued at $20.
Buyer Beware
I expect it to be deleted shortly like the last 3 reviews, so I kept this brief and thought I'd pass it on to anyone here thinking of buying wool hunting pants.
These are field/ dress pants of medium weight.
Good features, but Inseam is way too low, so I'll have to figure out how to adjust them.
Because of carpet beetle infestation, they got into my house! Had I known about the work and time involved to make them right, I would've sent them back immediately...not brought them in. They pass off used clothes as" like new ",NEVER UNISSUED". Used to list , "New," until I complained. That is unacceptable. The management was notified. I decided to keep them because I think that the beetle issue has been dealt with. This fall, they'll be getting use.
Here's the link.

Go to Reviews.
Read: Fool Me Once.....Used, Carpet Beetles

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/swiss-military-surplus-dress-pants-like-new?a=2208351

Soooooooooo.
Your not exactly a happy camper about em huh???

Dont blame ya actually....

Good luck getting it resolved if at all.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
If you can find any old Canadian Pattern 49 Battle Dress Trousers, they are top shelf!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a few pairs of Austrian Wool trousers that are excellent. Double layered, suspender buttons, cargo pockets and you can draw up & button the cuffs.

I've also worn the M1951 wool field trousers, which are excellent, fairly priced, warm and durable. Probably the best deal going for a quality, heavy wool pant.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/30/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They pass off used clothes as" like new ",NEVER UNISSUED".
"Never Unissued" would be issued.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Get the British commando sweater too.

I've been thinking about that.
I used to have a cotton one. Liked it.

Marino wool and bamboo base layers and wool mid and outer layers are slowly becoming my go to field Wear for three seasons.
I think that BCS would replace a bunch of cotton ones.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
They pass off used clothes as" like new ",NEVER UNISSUED".
"Never Unissued" would be issued.

You're right. I don't know how I let that get past me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,017 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.