-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't feel guilty, quite the contrary.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Get off my lawn......
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Danibal, where did that blast pic come from?

That pic is worth a 1000 words.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I remember, back when it first aired, most Whites I knew made a laughing stock of Roots. One instance I recall was of my friend's dad tearing it to pieces, ridiculing the scene depicting the blacks strolling through the African jungle debating philosophy before they were captured by the evil Whites to be sold into slavery.

I recall Lavar Burton outrunning OJ Simpson.

That’s because the Juice was probably chasing Lavar with a big ass knife! Screaming “I’ll cut your fuggin head off” 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/01/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
It's never been true for anyone. Slavery has been a false narrative since before the Civil War. The has never been any "white supremacists", or any "racist social structure" or "white privilege." It was always horseshit. The privilege that white people have in this culture is that it is created by and for white Europeans, and other groups don't build the same kind of culture or society. In places like Africa, the culture and social structure doesn't look like either for the average person of European ancestry. They captured and enslaved each other and then sold each other to some Jewish and Muslim people, and now white people are blamed.

Exactly, awesome explanation

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Love that photo!!! 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by slumlord
Aliens definitely built the pyramids. No way any Africans could get that motivated.

What about the ones in Mexico/South America?

I've seen three Mexicans hang 450 sheets of drywall in a day. A pyramid ain't [bleep] to those dudes.

LMAO

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
“And remember, when you are where he has been near, his scent remains in the air. It is the smell of a WET CHICKEN! The White Man is near!”

Man, I remember the smell of the first black families car I ever got a ride in....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Found on the ‘net, you’re welcome to it.

Nuclear Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This is the type of narrative that Jim Goad is addressing in the linked article.

http://www.ocracokecurrent.com/171449

I've never written a letter to the editor. But I couldn't help myself after reading this drivel. I said this.

I've been a frequent visitor to Ocracoke since the mid 70s. Recently I was both saddened and disgusted by Michael Shoemaker's article which outlines the self loathing he feels as a result being born white.

It's bad that the parents of Ocracoke have no alternative but to send their children to a school where they are being indoctrinated at a young age to feel guilt about something they played no part in.

My advice to the parents of Ocracoke who want their children to grow up with a positive self image is to Home school. I understand that it's very difficult to separate oneself from others on an island as small as Ocracoke. But it's important for people to maintain the distance between their children and those who would instill guilt and self loathing in their minds while they are too young to do anything but accept it.

Well said.

The editor replied to my letter by stating that she wouldn't print it.

So I posted it on a page where the entire island would see it.

I just wanted that teacher and the parents of the students there to see it.

Many are too far gone. But maybe it will have at least a small effect.

Good reply.
That boy obviously ain't from round here. He should spend some time over in Wanchese with the white weejun's covered in fish guts dudes.
The OBX has been bought up by mostly yankee's. Its not even part of NC any longer IMO.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Found on the ‘net, you’re welcome to it.

Nuclear Dan

Thank you, Sir

It’s a good’un.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
One of the biggest lies ever perpetrated by mankind has been the one that claims that Africa and the people residing there were an advanced civilization, when they were stolen away and sold into slavery. The natives were nothing but uncivilized savages, one step above the animals that they shared the jungle with. It is what it is, and that is what it was.

Your forgetting that the slaves Westerners brought to the south were captured, made slaves and sold by other blacks. The only reason blacks in the USA were slaves is because they were enslaved by other tribes and that slavery is still endemic to Africa.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by blindshooter

Good reply.
That boy obviously ain't from round here. He should spend some time over in Wanchese with the white weejun's covered in fish guts dudes.
The OBX has been bought up by mostly yankee's. Its not even part of NC any longer IMO.

I know. Back in the 70's when I first started going there Ocracoke was inhabited by O'coakers,...the legacy families who had been living out on that sandbar since shortly after Blackbeard got his head cut off out there.

Then it got discovered. Property that was worth hardly anything was suddenly worth a fortune. Now it's largely inhabited by Communists and the illegals who do their work.

By the way, the Editor of the online paper that I wrote the letter to has stirred up some stuff about it. She's a big Bernie/Hillary supporter.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Not a very long read and every word is worth reading

https://www.takimag.com/article/a-whole-new-breed-of-white-people/

excerpt:

American whites have heard this narrative their whole lives. This nuance-free reading of history, with one side purely evil and the other purely good, has escalated in severity over the years. Many, if not most, American whites have even internalized it. But it has not been their experience. At all.

Their entire lives they’ve been told who they are, and they know it’s not true. It may have been true 100 years ago—at least for the whites who weren’t dying on the battlefield or getting blasted to bits in coal-mine explosions—but it has never been true for a moment of their lives. They have never known the slightest taste of the “white privilege” they’ve been accused of enjoying. The only identity allowed to them is one of self-abnegation and shame. In fact, “allowed” is too gentle a term—this identity is being forced on them.

I didn't read past "but this disregarded centuries of systemic oppression."

The author is full of himself.

I felt the same way. But you quoted Jim Goad's article instead of the article by the elementary school teacher.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by blindshooter
This is the type of narrative that Jim Goad is addressing in the linked article.

http://www.ocracokecurrent.com/171449

I've never written a letter to the editor. But I couldn't help myself after reading this drivel. I said this.

I've been a frequent visitor to Ocracoke since the mid 70s. Recently I was both saddened and disgusted by Michael Shoemaker's article which outlines the self loathing he feels as a result being born white.

It's bad that the parents of Ocracoke have no alternative but to send their children to a school where they are being indoctrinated at a young age to feel guilt about something they played no part in.

My advice to the parents of Ocracoke who want their children to grow up with a positive self image is to Home school. I understand that it's very difficult to separate oneself from others on an island as small as Ocracoke. But it's important for people to maintain the distance between their children and those who would instill guilt and self loathing in their minds while they are too young to do anything but accept it.

Well said.

The editor replied to my letter by stating that she wouldn't print it.

So I posted it on a page where the entire island would see it.

I just wanted that teacher and the parents of the students there to see it.

Many are too far gone. But maybe it will have at least a small effect.

Good reply.

I was sitting in the truck in front of Frisco Rod and Gun last November waiting on my buddy grabbing bait and beer.
There was an old man with an oxygen tank smoking a cigarette. Laughing my ass off and then realized he was leaning on one of those metal cages full of propane tanks.

Best time of year in the OBX is fall, and way south of Nags Head. Always cross the bridge for O'Neals in Wanchese on the way home for lunch and a cooler full of green tail shrimp though. Crazy how different it is from the July trip with the family.

Last edited by jackmountain; 07/01/20.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I won't be going back to the outer banks. Too much of it has been contaminated by extreme leftism.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shoemaker - ... I strive to openly and honestly communicate the good and the bad of history to my students, particularly in American History…

Uh huh. And he lists all the alleged "bad" and doesn't mention one single "good" thing about America. Not one.

So much for his left wing bias.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I won't be going back to the outer banks. Too much of it has been contaminated by extreme leftism.

That’ll show’em.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You're going at the wrong time of year, to the wrong spot.

Sept. And Nov. On the point and south, is still a good time.

Ocacroke has always been a little hippified. Only thing worth going for there is the clams.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston

That’ll show’em.

First the Covid.....now this.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kingston

That’ll show’em.

It's not a matter of showing anybody anything. It's just that I don't associate with Commies any more than necessary.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (160user, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,693
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.