Print Thread
Hop To
L
ldg397 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I just picked one of these up in 6.5 creedmor. Awesome looking rifle and feels great also. Only complaint so far is heavier than advertised mine weighed right at 7 lb no rings or scope. I have a 270 t3x that is about 7.5 all up.

Barrel profile is quite a bit thicker than standard and of course is the 24” plus muzzle break. Also comes with thread protector.

Shocked I haven’t seen any reviews on these rifles yet.

Considering ordering a mcmillan for it. I have a Winchester Hunter which is based off the sako Hunter, a sako classic and and edge. I think I am leaning toward the sako classic mcswirley. The last time the talked me out of the edge fill. Called me and basically said in this configuration you are spending $100 for about 3 oz.

I would try to match the wideland camo. I have viewed the mcswirley galleries but having a hard time finding them with out olive in the mix. All of mine have olive and it doesn’t look good with midnight bronze cerakote. Considering 40% medium tan, 20 dark brown, 20 light tan and 20 black. Does anyone have something similar to that??

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just leave it as is and spend the extra $ towards ammo or optics. I also have a 6.5 Veil Wideland and within the first 10 rounds I had a 1.25” 5 shot group at 200 yards with Hornady American Gunner Factory 140grn bthp. I will hand load for this rifle eventually but this rifle shows a lot of promise so far.

It might be a tad bit heavier than advertised but that extra 1/2 pound or less isn’t worth an extra $600. The factory stock is rigid enough and if you buy a McMillan you will most likely have to alter it and have the stock opened up a bit for the barrel channel.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
So what does "Veil Wideland" mean in English?

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

It’s the name of the camo pattern on the stock ...

Veil = vale (phonetically)

Wide land = forest land vs. moutains (which is Veil Alpine pattern)

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I thought i was fairly knowledgeable about Tikkas but this OP makes me feel Tikka illiterate.

IC B2

L
ldg397 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Motown
Just leave it as is and spend the extra $ towards ammo or optics. I also have a 6.5 Veil Wideland and within the first 10 rounds I had a 1.25” 5 shot group at 200 yards with Hornady American Gunner Factory 140grn bthp. I will hand load for this rifle eventually but this rifle shows a lot of promise so far.

It might be a tad bit heavier than advertised but that extra 1/2 pound or less isn’t worth an extra $600. The factory stock is rigid enough and if you buy a McMillan you will most likely have to alter it and have the stock opened up a bit for the barrel channel.

I was pretty impressed with this stock it seemed to have some stiffeners in places I had not seen on the t3x.

Even an edge mcmillan won’t take but an oz or two off the total weight. The original tikka stock is so light already. More just a look and feel thing. I will shoot it this way to start and see how it goes. Really impressed with the fit and finish on it though. Nice rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love my T3.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Are these new models stainless/cerakoted or just cerakoted? I like these rifles but im not paying north of a grand for a Tikka rifle that aint stainless.....Hb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Are these new models stainless/cerakoted or just cerakoted? I like these rifles but im not paying north of a grand for a Tikka rifle.....Hb

Fixed it fer ya...

Just futzing with you, can't resist the easy ones😜

What fresh Hell is this?
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Are these new models stainless/cerakoted or just cerakoted? I like these rifles but im not paying north of a grand for a Tikka rifle.....Hb

Fixed it fer ya...

Just futzing with you, can't resist the easy ones😜

Lmao! 😂.....Yeah i kind of agree.....Hb

IC B3

L
ldg397 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Stainless and then cerakote. The cheaper one roughtec I believe is just cerakote.

It also has the spiral flutes on the bolt and enlarged bolt handle from factory. Threaded was big for me also to add silencer.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by ldg397
Stainless and then cerakote. The cheaper one roughtec I believe is just cerakote.

It also has the spiral flutes on the bolt and enlarged bolt handle from factory. Threaded was big for me also to add silencer.

Thanks for the info 👍......Hb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was looking hard at one of these but didn’t want the threaded barrel. I liked the other features and was trying to make my mind up vs one of the green/black stocked superlites with black cerakote. Then a NIB old stock Forbes 24B showed up on gunbroker and I jumped on it. Hard to go wrong with any Tikka. Odds are it will shoot very well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.