Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by Valsdad
To those who say "you threw your vote away"

Assuming you voted Trump in '18....................................

Would you have voted for him had he been a third party candidate and the Repubs were running another Deep State operative.....................

Or Romney..................Republican Light?

I wouldn’t vote for that POS if you put a gun to my head. If it was him or Biden, I just wouldn’t vote.

It is hard to choose when there is no logical and correct choice.

I've been tired of the lesser of two evils for a long long time.

But, it's generally how I have to vote.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Had Perot not run we would have never had the Clintons. He siphoned off enough Gop votes to get those evil two in office. I would have voted for him if he had run as the republican nominee.

Last edited by sambubba; 07/02/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
perot was right. i regret not voting for him.

and all the bushes deserve to hang. they are not unique that way.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jfruser
perot was right. i regret not voting for him.

and all the bushes deserve to hang. they are not unique that way.

If everyone had just recognized Perot was right and voted their conscience, history could have been rewritten.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Nobody is cheering in timber producing states...we got f''''kt AGAIN. The entire chapter concerning Canadian softwood imports was adopted and incorporated into USMCA from NAFTA.
Basically, the Canadian government almost gives Crown timber to their industry to keep it alive. American producers have to pay full market value, about 5 times more. Nobody can compete with those numbers. The US timber industry was hurt with enviro regulations...but it was Slick Willy's NAFTA deal that was the death stab. He did a trade off with the Canadians, protected union auto jobs for the sellout of the timber jobs.

It's not as simple as you make it sound.

Our trees grow much slower, so regen is proportionately slower. Climate is colder after all. Haul distances are long, few mills left. A northern Alberta forest cannot compete with an Alabama private forest. The Alabama forest can get a crop off and the Northern Alberta tree still needs another 30+ years to mature to the same stage. Temperature wise, a world of difference between Oregon and British Columbia. Pretty much the same species, guess where the trees grow faster. If the stumpage fee was the same cross border, the government couldn't get anyone to lumber up here. May as well let the pine beetles and forest fires get everything. Seems lately, the fires ARE getting everything.

Maybe US stumpage fees are too high?

Most all timber companies in Canada are American timber companies, or US majority owned timber companies. Talk to Weyerhauser.

Maybe you should do an analysis of what goes into each jurisdiction's stumpage fees, do a fair comparison, stop taking pablum from your union.

As I recall, Canada has won most all World Trade Grievances brought forward by both countries. Sometimes it seems like the US does not want to abide by the trade agreements or lumber agreements.

Last edited by AB2506; 07/03/20.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Would you have voted for him had he been a third party candidate and the Repubs were running another Deep State operative.....................

If Trump had run as a third party candidate like Perot did, Hillary Clinton would be president right now. Trump did it the right way, got the nomination, won the election. Perot didn't want to go through the dirty work of getting the nomination of the Republican party. If he had, he might have won; I wish he had. Like it or not, the 2 party system has held sway for a long time now. Republican Party must change from within. The Dem's are not going to commit suicide by going third party, neither should R's.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

If Trump had run as a third party candidate like Perot did, Hillary Clinton would be president right now. Trump did it the right way, got the nomination, won the election. Perot didn't want to go through the dirty work of getting the nomination of the Republican party. If he had, he might have won; I wish he had. Like it or not, the 2 party system has held sway for a long time now. Republican Party must change from within. The Dem's are not going to commit suicide by going third party, neither should R's.

Yep, as I said in an earlier post, there really is no choice for those with strong ideals.

We vote for the least objectionable candidate.

I don't think Perot " didn't want to go through the dirty work of getting the nomination of the Republican party". AS I recall and honestly believe, the Republican Party at that time would NEVER have allowed him to get the nomination. They damn near prevented The Donald from getting it the last go round. WE the people got lucky I think.

People complain some, me included, that Trump "caved" on the bump stock deal......................Imagine after the deal in Las Vegas what a Republican President like Mitt would have done? Another AW ban? Ammo restrictions?

Yeah, I think we got lucky with The Donald pushing through the Repub Swamp Critters to get on the ballot.

I still wonder what life might have been like if ALL republicans and conservatives had backed a third party candidate in Perot. The writing was kind of on the wall that G Bush #1 was going to lose to Slick Willy.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 21 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,655
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.