Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
There is NOT a spike in Covid 19, there is a spike in testing.

If you have a 5% positive rate, and you test 100 people you get 5 positive.
If you test 100,000 people you get 5,000 positive.

MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
..............Chucky boy! How ignorant and dumb can one person be?

You really need to quit posing this as a challenge........ wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yep, we are in too much danger to have an election, just let DJT re-up for another 4 years and evaluate in 2024.

KAG!!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
James Stuart Williams
1 hr

Friends, I had a long discussion with myself this morning about putting out another update today. Yes, a 3rd update from me this week. I know folks are getting tired of reading about SARS-CoV2, but what the heck, since Gov. Abbott has decided to lock down Texas again, maybe y’all have nothing better to do on this holiday weekend than read more science!

So. I’m providing a link here to a longish article by J.B.Handley that provides a lot of information. It is not a quick read, but it isn’t a difficult one, either. It provides a lot deeper explanation of the concepts I touched on in both of my earlier posts this week. I have already read many of the articles cited in this piece, and there’s tons of good science here. Tonnes, for my Canadian and European friends.

This article delves into the epidemiology of the “herd immunity threshold” and explains why it seems to be around 20% for CoV2 world wide. Yes, as I wrote earlier this week, T-lymphocytes and prior exposure to other corona viruses are the probable reasons for that, but there is much more information here. If your scientific curiosity is as aroused as mine is, you may be spending much of today delving into this fascinating side of immunology.

It also goes a long way to explaining why we are seeing the current spike in cases here in Texas, and a few other states. Essentially, we have not yet reached HIT here in the South. But we are probably close. The current spike among young people is clearly an outcome of the large protests in June, and the subsequent transmission of CoV2 in the young adult subset of the population.

As the saying goes, the horse is out of the barn, there’s no point in slamming the barn door. Government reinstatement of lockdown measures will not provide any benefit at this point. Unfortunately, governors are political animals and they are reacting to the new level of hysteria and insanity being whipped up as usual by the dysfunctional American media.

Let me be clear here: I do not trivialize the fact that more people are getting sick with CoV2 now. This is a real and serious illness. But it isn’t the Black Death, or Ebola... heck, it’s not even measles! We are long past the containment phase, and we are even long past the “flattening the curve” phase.

Hospitals are busy, but not overwhelmed. Unlike NewYork City in March, hospitals in Houston are spreading the load out to utilize the whole city’s capacity instead of concentrating the burden in a few places. The same thing is happening in San Antonio and Dallas. We are coping effectively. (Remember the point of “flattening the curve”? We are seeing it in action right now.)

As the article states very well, “the sooner politicians—and the press—start talking about HIT and stop talking about ‘new’ confirmed cases, the better off we all will be. Either way, it’s likely to be weeks, not months, before the data of new daily deaths will be so low that the press will have to find something new to scare everyone.”

If you only read one CoV2 article for the rest of the pandemic, my friends, read this one. Check out the citations. You will be informed. You will be reassured.

As always, work at being kind to your fellow humans, friends. Keep on keepin’ on.

James S. Williams M.Sc. M.D.

https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2020...PyOiFb9kmyuGy6hntH2eYVBHeQjuV73qfvug2pCo

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I love the "Delusionment" here. Never have I seen so many so willing and so able to convince themselves that it's all good. Dr. Pangloss would be proud.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I love the "Delusionment" here. Never have I seen so many so willing and so able to convince themselves that it's all good. Dr. Pangloss would be proud.
..............It is you who is "DELUSIONED."....As always....Oh btw, Mista Beans...You come up with any evidence yet such as transcripts, docs, e/mails, eye witnesses to conversations, that Trump is engaging in election fraud??.....Hmmmmmmmm? You wanna talk about delusionment?... LOL>>LOL

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Sad to see. Broke 52k today.
Trump says he's for wearing masks.
Will be like this till a vaccine.

If you guys would knock it off with the "Glory Hole Promo Parties" the Horonivirus would be past already.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

If you guys would knock it off with the "Glory Hole Promo Parties" the Horonivirus would be past already.

Trump can't fix your kinda stupid.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you have chit for brains, I'll listen to Drs who actually know what their talking about and are not political pawns.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Excellent read, makes much sense, thanks for posting!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Needs to be more than 100k a day ! Need to reach herd immunity as quick as possible.

Originally Posted by Pat85
I would have thought by now I would have known some one personally who contracted the virus, but I don't.

These^^^^

Fear the crabcat.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So what? The death rate either declines or stays constant. You know (stupid) kinda like influenza, albeit a higher death rate...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by elkcountry
Originally Posted by Tarquin
What is the big deal? It was inevitable. 50% of positives have zero symptoms. 40% of all US deaths are nursing home occupants. This disease is a nothing-burger.

Originally Posted by DeadHead
More the merrier. Sooner everyone gets it the sooner you leftist [bleep] can imagine the next catastrophe

This pretty well sums up the situation. I'm of the mind, the more people that contract the disease, the sooner it will pass.

Masks or no masks, the same number of people that were going to get the COV, will get the COV and there really isn't much you can do to prevent it!

Elk Country

Yup. Let's get on with it and get to herd immunity. If you're vulnerable, stay home.

Tarquin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by elkcountry
What is the big deal? It was inevitable. 50% of positives have zero symptoms. 40% of all US deaths are nursing home occupants. This disease is a nothing-burger.

Originally Posted by DeadHead
More the merrier. Sooner everyone gets it the sooner you leftist [bleep] can imagine the next catastrophe

This pretty well sums up the situation. I'm of the mind, the more people that contract the disease, the sooner it will pass.

Masks or no masks, the same number of people that were going to get the COV, will get the COV and there really isn't much you can do to prevent it!

Elk Country

Yup. Let's get on with it and get to herd immunity. If you're vulnerable, stay home.

This^^^

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 907brass, 44automag, 12 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.