Hop To
J
joken2 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

https://www.toddstarnes.com/values/...5bDljtbgXktVc2V8PRQJeLzTC7oZ8CWKqPn_mIac

Police in San Francisco will no longer release the mugshot of most suspects online due to the department’s effort to stop perpetuating racial stereotypes, a report Wednesday said.

CBS San Francisco reported that the time mugshots will be released to the public is when the suspect is a threat. The station spoke to a public policy professor at the University of California Berkeley who said that blacks who are arrested and then have their cases dropped are still haunted by these mugshots online, which he said contributes to the unfair association between people of color and crimes.

John Hamasaki, the police commissioner, told the San Francisco Examiner earlier this week that minorities in disadvantaged communities are the ones who have their mugshots posted online and not the “DUI suspects in the Marina.”

“The end result is racial stereotypes are reinforced to the public and the arrestee, who may not even end up charged with a crime, will lose their employment prospects and face shame and stigma in the community,” Hamasaki said.

Legal experts also say that these booking photos could also hamper a suspect’s chance at a fair trial because they may undermine the presumption of innocence, the Associated Press reported.

Eugene O’Donnell, a former NYPD officer who now teaches at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, told the AP that the city’s move is the correct one because “we take people’s freedom away and ruin people’s reputations before anybody’s ever made a decision as to whether or not the person committed the offense.”

Social media appeared to offer mixed reviews on the department’s decision and some accused police of putting the public at risk based on an imperfect science. Who, for example, gets to decide what mugshots do get released? Is it logical to assume a drug dealer who was arrested for selling doesn’t pose a risk to the public?

Critics see the measure as simply the latest move by a police department to try and appease the angry mob in the wake of George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis police custody on May 25.

“This is just one small step but we hope this will be something that others might consider doing as well,” San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott said.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bay Area Rapid Transit has been doing similar, for the same reason, with their videos of attacks on trains and in stations, for 3 or 4 years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The simplest way for minorities to eliminate the criminal stereotype is to stop committing crimes.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Publishing those mugshots perpetuates pattern recognition in Whites, which the social engineers label as "racial stereotyping." They don't want us to recognize that particular pattern.

PS Rather than racial stereotyping, were actual sane people in charge of our society, this phenomenon would be termed recognition of racial realities.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gerald Stevenson

Hector Diaz

Alonzo Washington

Robert Nguyen

Johnny Lee Tucker

Benjamin Goldberg

This is how much of America is named. Do they plan on erasing the names, as well as the faces? Throughout history, names have often matched the culture, or race, or nationality, and they will continue to do so, for the most part. That'll be inconvenient for the social justice police. We're not nameless, faceless, entities.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The simplest way for minorities to eliminate the criminal stereotype is to stop committing crimes.

Common sense and logic won’t work.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
It won't work. Everyone knows that Negroes are hazardous to your health. If that's a "racial stereotype" then so be it. White flight is a matter of self-preservation, not discrimination.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have actually thought for a long time that the local TV newscasts should stop showing people's faces and names when they are arrested. There's this thing called presumption of innocence. Hard to get a fair trial or a reputation returned once you've been seen being led away in cuffs.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Thank you. I was about to say that it would never be a stereotype in the first place if it wasn’t for the fact that it was all the same type of people doing it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
I have actually thought for a long time that the local TV newscasts should stop showing people's faces and names when they are arrested. There's this thing called presumption of innocence. Hard to get a fair trial or a reputation returned once you've been seen being led away in cuffs.

For first time suspects/offenders, yes, I agree.

For those with a proven past record, no, I doubt agree.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
San Francisco portrays an urban stereotype. All mention of it should be removed from the public, so as not to perpetuate the notion that urban centers are breeding grounds for annoying twats.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If mugshots trigger them, they ought to take a stroll through the prison system.

Any prison will do... whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My story will make my point. Many years I got a letter from the State of Texas saying they were going to take my drivers licence .Tracked the problem to something that happened 2 county's over.. No ID shown but they gave my name and address.Took me half a day in that county's DA office to clear it up. It was cleared up with the mug shot first then finger print of the one they arrested.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Makes sense too me . . .

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The mugshots are perpetuating too much truth about violent crime in America, for the left to reckon with..

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
unfair association between people of color and crimes........... what is unfair? they got caught !

so presumably by extension then if you are white, the mugshot is good to go... affirmative action....

Last edited by las; 07/03/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by las
unfair association between people of color and crimes........... what is unfair? they got caught !

so presumably by extension then if you are white, the mugshot is good to go... affirmative action....

That is the point right now... they do not show mugshots of anyone, except honkies...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by las

That is the point right now... they do not show mugshots of anyone, except honkies...

Not in my area. Anywhere’s from 3 to 8 per day in the greater Baton Rouge area. Police reports are in the Metro section. You might see 2 whites per week with mugshots posted.

There’s been talk about this stereotyping “folks”. So, in today’s world I feel confident that the mugshots will slip into oblivion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The local paper here, and the local ABC tv station are not showing booking reports any more.

Sam......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
The local paper here, and the local ABC tv station are not showing booking reports any more.

Not surprising is it ?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 49 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,689
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.