Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
DD, I inherited, along with several other rifles, a Winchester 53 in 25-20. My children grew up learning how to shoot and operate a lever action with that old rifle. It was also the rifle used to take the largest black bear my father in law says that he ever saw, and he grew up in Alaska. It was an “old native” that had killed the bear and my FIL offered him “good money” for it, which is how it wound up down here.

I have 1 or 2 boxes of original Winchester cartridges and some brass. Do you know of anyplace that I can find brass and a good source for bullets? I don’t possess the patience or intelligence that you have and rolling my own and casting just likely isn’t in the cards right now but I would like to get a few hundred rounds for some occasional fun. I shot it a few times the other day just in remembrance of Dad. He passed on June 10th.

Thanks

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
heck my shop just sold a load of spent primers for the brass weight. 1700 lbs. how is that for making a bit of cash for gun stuff?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
DD, I inherited, along with several other rifles, a Winchester 53 in 25-20. My children grew up learning how to shoot and operate a lever action with that old rifle. It was also the rifle used to take the largest black bear my father in law says that he ever saw, and he grew up in Alaska. It was an “old native” that had killed the bear and my FIL offered him “good money” for it, which is how it wound up down here.

I have 1 or 2 boxes of original Winchester cartridges and some brass. Do you know of anyplace that I can find brass and a good source for bullets? I don’t possess the patience or intelligence that you have and rolling my own and casting just likely isn’t in the cards right now but I would like to get a few hundred rounds for some occasional fun. I shot it a few times the other day just in remembrance of Dad. He passed on June 10th.

Thanks

Special gun that, do take care of it. I read sometime back about a fella, an old one at that, who hunted virtually all his life with a .25-20 levermatic. He was firmly of the opinion it was adequate for elk. grin

For the sake of clarity in my feeble old brain, you hand load but don't cast bullets?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Load em, the watch crew made need em while you're shift sleeping. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bullets

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1010741042?pid=619905&cm_vc=ProductFinding
https://www.badmanbullets.com/OnlineStore/proddetail.php?prod=25/20-85-Grain-RNFP-Qty-1000

Brass

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/873473621

Seems to be out of stock...everywhere, as is the ammo. It can be formed with .32-20 brass if you can find that.

I'm fairly stunned at the price of bullets if/when you find them available.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Another very good thing about us casting our own.

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Look under the "services" link on this cast bullet small business.
Ed will take good care of you at non-inflated prices.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
DD, Thanks for the links, I’ll check them out. You’re correct that I can load but I’m not “setup” to cast although I might have to explore that in the near future.

It is a special rifle because it was given to me by a special man. My FIL, Reed, spent 6 years flying in Laos and was transferred to Vietnam before Tet kicked off. He became a station chief and ran operations out of Tan Son Nhut for AA until 1975. He got his wife whom he’d met and married while in country and their 3 kids (including my wife who was 2 at the time) out of Vietnam and flew them to Thailand.

Thanks again DD. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dang it all....now I went and loaded jacketed bullets and ball powder in one of my newer cartridges. See what you guys got me doin'?

.250-3000 for a 700 Sux. Why in the name of all things good do I need so much ammo for this thing? It don't miss often.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
OK, y'all made me put some more miles on my press and we are both done for a spell. My Mouser thanks you and wants to know where all the elephants are hiding. The .38-55 is trying to talk me into a trip to NYC. Ain't gonna happen. My young neighbors were persistent with the fireworks on the 4th, 5th, 6th and last night until I touched off a BP round with the .45-70, aka Thumper. Quiet as a mouse they've been since. It smells good at night too.

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dan, you befuddled the masses.

LMAO. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.