K
Making PM now.

Kent

GB4

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Arrived home about 20 minutes ago.

It was a wonderful time for me. Being able renew old friendships, and to make new ones too.

I would like to thank Kent and Cheryl for the time and effort spent in preparation before the gathering. All the cooking and cleaning while there, and the time to take
it all down. I'm sure that there will be more time spent once they get home and have to unload, clean everything and put it away.

I'd like to thank all those that assisted them too. Cooking, cleaning, etc.

Last of all, thank you to those of you that were able to attend this year. I know that it is sacrifice for some of you which makes seeing you there all the more special.

To those of you that were unable to be there, you were sorely missed.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
We had 22 folks... 12 men, 4 women, 4 girls and 2 boys. Good for this challenging year.

Ranger green's youngest and my granddaughter hit it off, we went fishing and the trout wouldn't cooperate but the bluegills did and RG's girl caught her first 8 fish ever.

Good times made.

Kent

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Carne Asada...

[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
K
This was our 10th annual summer event, first one was about 20 people, peaked at 54 one year, and now about 20 again.

This started when Ken Howell was airovaced to Mesa az from Quemado for emergency surgery. THOMASMAGNUM had been visiting Ken right before he got sick and had just left driving back in winter conditions. Tom always joked that Ken beat him back here on the chopper.

Tom was a friend from the local hunting sites and also helped me with jr deer camp stuff. I read about Ken's surgery, didn't know anything about him except he was close and could use a friendly face. I asked Tom when he was visiting Ken in the hospital next and if Ken needed someone checking in on him once in awhile. He said heck ya and we met in the hospital lobby and went up to visit. Tom introduced Ken as a gun writer... I said, sorry I mostly archery hunt and don't read magazines... I had no idea who he was professionally... Ken laughed and said, that's ok I forgive you... and we took it from there. He was in a hard spot without an advocate, after losing my mom to bone cancer then MIL the year prior to shoddy nursing home... everyone needs someone on their side.

Ken is gone now and so is my good friend Tom, Tom's loss was extremely tough for me. My friend Greg Cameron's loss, who we started the winter get together with, another tough one.

For me it was a good run with both ventures.

Thanks to everyone who came throughout the years, it was fun amigos and amigas.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 07/19/20.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Ya snooze, ya lose".

I have been wrapped up with training for the last month and very rarely checked in on the 'Fire, so I completely missed the thread and the plans. My loss,but I'm sure The Gathering was every bit as good as all the others have been. Yes, bittersweet, too, without some of the characters from a time long ago that have camped elsewhere.

Put me down as planning to attend the 2021 event, wherever and whenever. Sorry to miss seeing some great people in 2020.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
glad y'all had fun, especially the kids.

maybe next year I can get away at this time of year.........................unless I put in for tags and get lucky. Can't do two trips a year unfortunately.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a good time was had by all. I'm sorry Julia and I couldn't make it this year.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Looks like a great time!!!! Wished I could have been there too!

We got back from Rocky Mtn Nat Rendezvous yesterday morning about 4:30. Was a good time. Rained just about every afternoon. But very cool and enjoyable.

Stylin’

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,888
Posts18,479,129
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.