-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I met Minnie Pearl, when I built engines for NASCAR.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
One time I wandered into this small Washington town looking for an old friend of mine, but this azzhole local sheriff, started giving me a bunch of schit. Him and his deputies tried to hold me down and shave me, but I had this flashback to my time as a prisoner of war. I couldn’t help myself and unleashed my fury on them then escaped. They started a manhunt for me, but I evaded them and the body count mounted till they called in my former commander who managed to talk me down even though they drew first blood.

I just had to get that off my chest. Something happened today and got me to thinking about it. Don’t worry I’ll be alright. Was drinking alone in my cabin in the woods when they sent a helicopter to ask me to come back for a secret mission only I could complete. I told them to fugg off but they keep persisting. Thank God I’ve got the fire to keep me sane...

I saw those two movies.

What movies?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I DID Minnie Pearl, when I built engines for NASCAR.

I think this is what you meant?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Laffin.... 😂

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Laffin.... 😂

Hahahaha!!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

Laffin.... 😂

Hahahaha!!!

Bent her rite over the hood of a Chevy with that big ol' race motor just apurrin' away for added affect.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

Laffin.... 😂

Hahahaha!!!

Bent her rite over the hood of a Chevy with that big ol' race motor just apurrin' away for added affect.

Poor old Minnie. I bet he didn’t even let her take her hat off before he started going to town on her... grin

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Poor old Minnie my ass. She probably wanted a threesome with Grandpa Jones.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
One time I wandered into this small Washington town looking for an old friend of mine, but this azzhole local sheriff, started giving me a bunch of schit. Him and his deputies tried to hold me down and shave me, but I had this flashback to my time as a prisoner of war. I couldn’t help myself and unleashed my fury on them then escaped. They started a manhunt for me, but I evaded them and the body count mounted till they called in my former commander who managed to talk me down even though they drew first blood.

I just had to get that off my chest. Something happened today and got me to thinking about it. Don’t worry I’ll be alright. Was drinking alone in my cabin in the woods when they sent a helicopter to ask me to come back for a secret mission only I could complete. I told them to fugg off but they keep persisting. Thank God I’ve got the fire to keep me sane...

Dryfly24;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's behaving for you and this finds you well.

While I am cognizant this isn't that or even close to it, for that matter it's well through the ditch, over the fence and into the rhubarb, nonetheless this may or may not give you flashbacks.

The town where they filmed your adventure is on the way to Vancouver for us, so we've been passing through there since the year they filmed it in '82.

There's a few more videos this chap has made, but here's a wee bit of how much things have changed there in the intervening 38 years.

Anyway sir, I thought seeing as you were there and all it might be of interest to you - you know or not.... wink

All the best to you as we head into shorter and warmer days.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Thanks for posting that but I’m gonna have to self medicate some more before I can bring myself to watch it. I’m afraid I might have another flashback and lay waste to half this schit town. So far I’ve man eager to evade my notoriety. They don’t know what a bad ass I am and would like to keep that way...

That schitt town named Jerkwater USA by any chance ????
Lol!!!

renegade50;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and this finds you well.

The town is actually - and you must know sir that it honestly pains me to say this - in British Columbia on the north side of the medicine line, albeit not all that far.

It's name is Hope and it's history as far as Europeans goes started in about 1858 with Fort Hope which was an HBC fort, but it was blown wide open when the gold fields of California began to wane and gold seekers moved ever northward to the Fraser gold rush, then the Cariboo, then the Klondike - with a few in between.

Anyway sir, it's on the beginning or end of the "Highway to Hell" which the History Channel showed recently, so perhaps that's more familiar with more readers.

All the best to you as the days get warmer and yet shorter.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Dryfly24;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's behaving for you and this finds you well.

While I am cognizant this isn't that or even close to it, for that matter it's well through the ditch, over the fence and into the rhubarb, nonetheless this may or may not give you flashbacks.

The town where they filmed your adventure is on the way to Vancouver for us, so we've been passing through there since the year they filmed it in '82.

There's a few more videos this chap has made, but here's a wee bit of how much things have changed there in the intervening 38 years.

Anyway sir, I thought seeing as you were there and all it might be of interest to you - you know or not.... wink

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Thanks for posting that but I’m gonna have to self medicate some more before I can bring myself to watch it. I’m afraid I might have another flashback and lay waste to half this schit town. So far I’ve man eager to evade my notoriety. They don’t know what a bad ass I am and would like to keep that way...

Lol!!!

renegade50;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you and this finds you well.

The town is actually - and you must know sir that it honestly pains me to say this - in British Columbia on the north side of the medicine line, albeit not all that far.

It's name is Hope and it's history as far as Europeans goes started in about 1858 with Fort Hope which was an HBC fort, but it was blown wide open when the gold fields of California began to wane and gold seekers moved ever northward to the Fraser gold rush, then the Cariboo, then the Klondike - with a few in between.

Anyway sir, it's on the beginning or end of the "Highway to Hell" which the History Channel showed recently, so perhaps that's more familiar with more readers.

Dwayne

It wasnt a slam on the town it was filmed in BC30cal.
I was just making reference to a line rambo,s colonel said to the sheriff in the movie .

Lol!!!
The town is probably a nicer place being in BC than many in the U.S.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well hello Lee24.

You fellas sure do lead exciting lives, I am going to go down to the tourist information centre in the morning and prune some roses. Not as exciting as your day but it will do me.

Last edited by JSTUART; 07/07/20.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well since everyone is ‘fessing up, when I was in the “Peace Corps” I was actually a mercenary popularly known as Mad Mike. Before the coup in Ghana I did some stuff in the Congo.

All you Rambo wannabes are just a bunch of wannabes.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Well since everyone is ‘fessing up, when I was in the “Peace Corps” I was actually a mercenary popularly known as Mad Mike. Before the coup in Ghana I did some stuff in the Congo.

Oh you Hoare you.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here I was arriving in Ghana, no shidt, this movie was FILMED in Ghana. And all that scary, hostile mumbo-jumbo mouthed by the African soldiers are actually normal polite phrases in Twi, like when the soldier in this one says “Brother, go over there.”

Except the guy who takes his stuff ain’t from Ghana with an accent like that.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh my Lord, this just gets better and better.

Here I was with a Peace Corps buddy drinking in a bar in Cape Coast ( the town where the movie was filmed), no wonder I was PO’d. Great-crested grebe? Really? In GHANA? Then the guy goes to friggin STORM PETRELS? grin

So I brung him back on track by going to Cisticolas, them little green birds 😎 About the only time in a movie where they actually got a bird right.

I have no idea why they didn’t use Ghanaians for the heavies and not just for the extras, the whole friggin’ country speaks English.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Oh you Hoare you.

I saw what you did there!

🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Dryfly24;

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Lol!!!

renegade50;

Dwayne

No kidding?
There is a campground we used as our first or last stop, traveling to Homer. Beautiful area.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

So,

Chuck called and needed your help too?

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Oh you Hoare you.

I saw what you did there!

🤣

Hell I thought he just misspelled Whore........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Laffin.... 😂

Hahahaha!!!

Poor old Minnie. I bet he didn’t even let her take her hat off before he started going to town on her... grin
i wore the hat, she was bucking too hard to keep it on.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,129
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.