Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I am considering a Christenson rifle, maybe a Mesa in 7mm Rem Mag. Anybody have any experience with these or similar models? I did shoot one, and it was extremely accurate. Just trying to get a broader review base before spending the money. Thanks.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have a Mesa in 6.5 Creedmoor. Shoots fantastic. Wish the stock was a bit lighter.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I "heard" from some dealer friends that it was hard for therm to admit there was a problem with a customers gun and difficult to get it taken care of. I was there when the dealers said that but have no details so take it for what it's worth.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ghostrider272
Have a Mesa in 6.5 Creedmoor. Shoots fantastic. Wish the stock was a bit lighter.

No regrets , it would be tough to beat it . I have the same gun

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I "heard" from some dealer friends that it was hard for therm to admit there was a problem with a customers gun and difficult to get it taken care of. I was there when the dealers said that but have no details so take it for what it's worth.

Sounds like a dealer and typical BS. I have used CS two times once to give them my address so I could get a T-shirt and the other to ask about specs on a rifle. I had zero issues .

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have a couple Ridgelines, one is a 6.5 Creedmoor and the other is a 270 WCF. I like them both. Accuracy has been very good. They have an MOA guarantee, but most I have seen were 1/2 to 5/8" shooters at 100, depending on the trigger puller. I did replace the bolt knobs on them in favor of their larger model. Just didn't care for the small ones.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buddy of mine has had a Mesa in 6.5 Creed for over a year now...... He really likes it and I'm really impressed by it. That thing shoots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a lefty Mesa in 6.5cm.

I really like it.

I think you get a lot of the price.

Side bolt release. Triggertech trigger. I like the thin grip on the stock. Cerakote.

Eurooptic had a good sale on them some time back.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've shot two ridgelines, one in 6.5CM and one 300wsm. Both were shooters and the short mag has minimal recoil for its weight. I wouldn't hesitate.

RBO Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

You “heard” a line of bs. I’ve owned 2 Ridgeline's and a classic, 280ai, 28 nosler, and a 300rum. All were sub moa shooters and could shoot sub 1/2moa. I had a problem with one of the bolts, called there, was connected directly to one of their technicians and he said send it in. I told him I’m pretty handy with tools so he walked me through the fix, it was excellent.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have one. In my opinion a lot of rifle for the money I paid. I had an issue with primer cratering and a tech called me in a day.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had a 300 RUM in a Ridgeline. Rifle was extremely accurate, functioned well. I think they build good rifles. I’m just a Model 70 guy for the most part so I tripped it and got a 70 in 300 RUM instead.

Seen and shot quite a few others and they’ve all been accurate as well.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got a Mesa in 6.5 PRC, most accurate rifle I’ve ever owned. Shoots factory and handloads into tiny little groups.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A buddy has the Ridgeline, wouldn't shoot factory 6.5 PRC for anything. I was able to work up a load that's about .5" @ 100 (we haven't taken it past that since the load was made up). Does have an extractor issue, with factory and my handloads it won't pull the case out at all, or lets it go about halfway out, about 10% of the time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Mesa in 6.5 PRC. I have only shot it to sight it in. I loaded up my first handloads to shoot last weekend, but got rained out. My 3 shot sight in group with factory ammo was about MOA. The LOP feels a little short to me, though in spec, it should be right on the money. It does have a thin wrist, so that may contribute to the feeling. I think I am going to end up being very happy with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now if they’d do a lefty 6.5 prc.....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
To those of you who own a CA, I looked at a Mesa a while back but didn't buy it. I've read reviews where the Mesa has a high bolt lift and there may be a problem with the bolt knob contacting a low mounted scope. Have any of you mounted a scope with a 40 mm objective close to the barrel as possible?

I also found the bolt knob small for my liking, have any of you replaced the bolt knob with a larger one and did it cause scope mounting issues? They are indeed nice looking put together rifles, they interest me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can’t reply on the scope mounting as I’m not running a 40mm on mine but I did swap the bolt handle knob out for a larger tactical one.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by overmax
To those of you who own a CA, I looked at a Mesa a while back but didn't buy it. I've read reviews where the Mesa has a high bolt lift and there may be a problem with the bolt knob contacting a low mounted scope. Have any of you mounted a scope with a 40 mm objective close to the barrel as possible?

I also found the bolt knob small for my liking, have any of you replaced the bolt knob with a larger one and did it cause scope mounting issues? They are indeed nice looking put together rifles, they interest me.

I changed the bolt knobs on both my ridgelines to the larger knob. I am nearly certain that both my scopes are mounted in low rings. No problems with Leupolds in 3-9x and VX6 HD.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by overmax

I've got a Zeiss HD5 with a 42mm bell on it, pretty sure I've got it in lows - the bolt knob does not hit the scope, but the bolt handle can hit the Butler Creek scope cap if the back one twists.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,642
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.