Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by watch4bear
For the life of me, I can not understand why those with the authority do not have the balls to fix it.

Maybe its not as broken as some have been led to believe, or maybe its been fixed. Maybe too much mail and phone calls grin

Maybe you are right, but if so, they have really, truly sucked at working on their membership relationship. They seem to have not a care in the world about their members' perception (rightly or wrongly) of WLP and the BoD. They won't even discuss it. So, down they go. Dumber than a box of rocks if the stories about Wayne's priorities are not true.

And the gun hating pedophile chimes in as expected

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
It should be run like a corp, the elected Board with the power to hire the CEO, set the direction for the company. Seems WLP and his cronies ARE the power, the Board just there to assist the hierarchy. WLP is a long time leader. Is that not too unlike Putin and Xi...? Just asking...If I'm wrong, correct me.DF
You're right and even watch4bear knows it. We all know it. We just don't know what do about. How do you kill the disease without killing the patient?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not one thin dime until Wayne resigns.

Originally Posted by Borchardt
So we can't wait for Remington to go bankrupt and the NRA to shut down, explain to me like I'm a little child, how this will make anything in gunworld better.

Sometimes the old, rotten structure needs to be burned down so you can build a new and better one.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by vabowhntr
Originally Posted by Pat85
Did the NRA buy Wayne that $ six million Texas mansion?
Nope.
The membership did.
The deal fell through

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Not one thin dime until Wayne resigns.

Originally Posted by Borchardt
So we can't wait for Remington to go bankrupt and the NRA to shut down, explain to me like I'm a little child, how this will make anything in gunworld better.

Sometimes the old, rotten structure needs to be burned down so you can build a new and better one.

Antifa and BLM are saying the same thing about the country.

You may be right about the NRA. I hope I'm wrong about WLP and my Capt Ahab analogy. I hope things change before the ship goes down. Either WLP is a selfish slob, or he'd back down to save the ship. We'll see. Don't bet on him doing the right thing, right for the NRA, that is.

DF

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Wayne will probably go down with the ship, Capt Ahab style...

Ole Ahab got so target fixated and tangled up with that whale, Mobe-Dick, he lost it all. Ahab got sucked under by the whale he managed to harpoon and kill.

The whale in this scenario, is the dwindling NRA coffers, evidently in a death spiral, bled for so many years by WLP and his cronies. All this while we were continually coerced into giving just a little bit more.

Well, as an Endowment member, I'm done until they clean house. I don't even round up at MidwayUSA any longer, just check the "no thank you" box and move on.

DF

Where is the board of the NRA?
I have to believe that there is more than enough unhappiness in the rank and file to make a change with Wayne. But nothing happens.
Wayne is no longer the problem, those that don’t replace him are the problem.

Ditto on MidwayUSA roundup, I don’t give a penny there, either.

Unless I'm really wrong, it's my impression that the board has little to no power to hire or fire executives.

So, it doesn't matter where the board is. You see NRA President Pete Brownell hearing the sudden "call" to get back to Iowa ASAP. He jumped ship before he got sucked into the morass... We don't know the behind the scenes goings on with that. Pete evidently didn't want his finger prints on what was going on.

Ollie North jumped ship after he and WLP reportedly got into it over something, probably money. Not sure Ollie was pure as the driven snow on that one. But, he did know when to retreat from a no win scenario....

DF

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Victor Davis Hanson wrote yesterday something to the effect, that riots, demonstrations and looting in the last few weeks, have done more for the 2nd Amendment than the NRA.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
This is exactly what the dems want. According to them they lost the last election due to FOX and the NRA. Yes both have helped the dems make it easy but they are two of the last faces of the right we have left. Once those are gone and both are on life support, we are screwed.

I don't think FOX will lean right much after the next election. We need to start new networks and social media sites or everything will be totally run by the left.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Victor Davis Hanson wrote yesterday something to the effect, that riots, demonstrations and looting in the last few weeks, have done more for the 2nd Amendment than the NRA.

Wise man.

I love his writings. To the point without fluff, calls it like he sees it.

I think this situation will sell more guns than Obummer ever did...

DF

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They have a superb office building outside of DC they can sell to raise money. [bleep] canning Lapierre and his salary will do an amazing thing for their coffers

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gitem_12
They have a superb office building outside of DC they can sell to raise money. [bleep] canning Lapierre and his salary will do an amazing thing for their coffers

More meat, less bun....

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If they get rid of Wayne and get back on track they will become the powerful organization they once were.

It's up to them if they want to survive.

That’s exactly true. I’m a Patron member And have given beyond my membership. But not another dime until Wayne is gone.

That's almost word for word what I told them last time they called.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by 12344mag
If they get rid of Wayne and get back on track they will become the powerful organization they once were.

It's up to them if they want to survive.

That’s exactly true. I’m a Patron member And have given beyond my membership. But not another dime until Wayne is gone.

That's almost word for word what I told them last time they called.

+1, Benefactor Member here.

And exactly what I tell them.

Don't think we're the only ones...

Wonder how long before they get the message...

DF

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,684
Posts18,513,491
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.