Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Covid is the single most greatest scam in this history of this world. By the time it’s over who knows how much it’ll have cost in lost revenue and productivity - nevermind the as of yet unknown effect on people, with the loss of freedoms, masks and social distancing BS, kids staying home from school, people losing their jobs, others getting on the welfare train, etc...

I seriously doubt they could have pulled it off with my parents generation at the helm. They would’ve looked at anyone proposing all this then had them committed. It’s absolutely insane what’s going on but people are all in. I swear I feel like I’m in some kind of alternate universe, or some kind of giant practical joke.

I keep waiting for someone to jump and say “April fool! We Got You!!”...

How much of an answer do want? There are several layers to this onion.

1.) Medical/Scientific/Epidemiological

Doctors and researchers identified the now named COVID 19 as being in the same family of virus as MERS and SARS. While MERS is not highly contagious between humans, so far 35% of some 2500 cases worldwide resulted in death. SARS is similarly not high contagious between humans, (no cases reported since 2004) but has an 11% death rate. Researchers saw that this COVID thing was highly contagious and had similar symptoms to MERS and SARS and feared the worse. A highly contagious form of MERS would be a repeat of the Black Death from the Middle Ages. Truly a bad scenario

2.) Early reports from Wuhan were restricted and information was kept from the international community. All attempts to send outside scientists and doctors to Wuhan early were rebuffed, so the West was blocked from the early data. Once it got to Italy, it quickly overwhelmed the health care system in Milan and the mortality amongst the older population was serious. Therefor, there was the fear and assumption that COVID could be a contagious MERS or SARS-like pathogen.

3.) Once testing became available, it was discovered that by the timeline they knew, this virus had spread to virtually every country on earth in 2 months. Now, that may or may not be accurate in time, but it circled the globe very quickly no matter how you looked at it. Hospitals were filling up with stricken patients in North America and Western Europe, as well as Iran at a rapid rate.

4.) The cry went out to epidemiologists for a solution. Without a vaccine, there is no real protection, and with it in every country of the world, now, you can't isolate and let it burn itself out locally. That is the strategy for many disease in which we have no specific treatment. Isolate it and let it burn out. So when the US hospitals stated to fill up, "experts" worried that we would have a "Milan" type situation where healthcare would collapse and people would go without treatment and suffer/die neglected. Hence, the only solution without a vaccine was to isolate the population and slow the spread. That's the lock down. This strategy is at play every year during flu season. Ever notice that flu season peters out in April almost every year? Hot weather is not the reason, because it's not hot in most of the country at Easter. When is school Spring Break? All over the country, we send kids home from the germ factories we call schools, people take a week off of work, and the chain of transmission is broken. Same sometimes happens at Christmas time. The 1968-69 Hong Kong flu pandemic was significantly slowed by Christmas Break.

Now, on to the dirty side of this

1.) It is an election year, and the Left is desperate. We do not need to review how if the President says up, the Democrats say down. The Democrats started this "Resist! and Obstruct!" (R & O) Trump before he even to office. ANYTHING they can do to damage him, they'll try.

First it was that his respond on limiting overseas flights was "Xenophobic". Now they claim it was too little too late. (See R & O above)

Next, you had Dems like Andrew Cuomo in the media everyday saying that Trump did't provide enough PPE and ventilators and that 2 million would die and insinuated that was blood on Trump's hands. Trump revved up American manufacturing and within weeks, Cuomo and everyone else got the stuff they needed.

Then you have the dire in the about the 2 million dead. It never happened. We all have seen evidence that the numbers are over exaggerated about the TRUE number of people that have died directly from COVID in the US. Any death that comes about on a person that has a positive test is automatically a COVID casualty, even if the exaggerated cause of death is a heart attack. That doesn't mean that COVID hasn't been serious, it means that it is being politically manipulated.

Next, the Dems strategy was to keep the economy shut down to damage Trump. All part of R & O under the pretense that they wanted to "save lives". The Dem governors and mayors were told by Congress that they'd keep the unemployment money flowing, so shut the economy down in your states and kill Trump's crowning achievements s jobs and a boom stock market. The market tanked briefly and recovered. Dems and Leftists continue the past two months to miss forecasts on jobs badly trying to damage Trump.

With these strategies failing to separate Trump from his base, the Left and the Dems got a Christmas come early present. After 3 months of constant, and I mean constant COVID talk and no other topic for discussion, we witnessed another Ferguson opportunity. The Left has been sitting on an extensive plan to trot out multiple protests at the next opportunity, and they got one in Minneapolis. Since Ferguson and Baltimore, these BLM/ANTIFA groups have learned lessons and refined their attack, their mobility, their recruitment, and their response times. It was simple for them to show up in Minneapolis with preprinted signs and demonstrate while they sent groups to other cities to whip protests.

It's not difficult to get Black Urban dwellers age 15-30 to get drunk and tear stuff up. It is absolutely no coincidence that here in Atlanta the demonstration was right outside of CNN world headquarters. I mean on their sidewalk. What better way to get on TV?

Democrat mayors and governors were passed the word to allow these "peaceful demonstrations" and to allow Americans to vent their fruitions. By no means did they want these to stop anytime soon. The reason? One of the prime revolutionary tactics is make the cities ungovernable. The pacifist masses will cling to anything that promises to restore order. Ask Russia 1917, Germany 1933, China 1945, Cuba 1959 etc. etc. This is current Dem plan, but they sense that CHAZ thing and the other totally out of control actions are turning public opinion.

So now they are back on the rising number of COVID cases and how we need another shutdown.

Long answer, but you asked....!

Well, TBH, it was really a rhetorical question cause I’m frustrated with the whole thing, but you really nailed it in the second half. Good answer...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 07/08/20.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The difficult task of enslaving people or taking control over them become extremely easy when no one resists the effort.
Laziness ,godlessness and cowardice of the general population make it SUPER easy for the communist to do all they want to do.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Pre-Smart Phone/24hr news world, I don't think anyone left or right had the ability to shut things down like they did this spring. Radio was the closest thing to "live" news. TV news lagged 1/2 day, print media lagged 1 day minimum. People had (and took) the time to think critically about what they were being told. Now a 150 character max tweet will dominate a news cycle for 2-3 days and volumes of arguments/opinions are created by it.

I'd like to think that in the past there was more journalistic integrity, but maybe there wasn't. I grew up watching Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, and Tom Brokaw. All 3 of them having since been IMO disgraced as leftist ideologues. Did it all change when Cronkite started injecting his opinions regarding the Viet Nam conflict? Did it happen before then? Has the media always been the way to control the masses?

Last edited by horse1; 07/08/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by KenMi

And when death numbers were not looking like the models, they transferred Covid patients to nursing homes because they knew that would get results.

Domestic terrorists are real. They aren't just antifa. They even dwell in the government.

Hanging should result from those decisions. Who does that? Who transfers people with contagious diseases to nursing homes? Sick fucques, evil bastards, not decent people. They need to pay for that with their own lives.

The same people that celebrates killing babies after they are born are the same ones that do that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Simple, they aren't letting any crisis go to waste.

"they" are manufacturing the crisis......

disasters like this are going to be our political future....worldwide..
thank the Globalist/communists...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by horse1
Pre-Smart Phone/24hr news world, I don't think anyone left or right had the ability to shut things down like they did this spring. Radio was the closest thing to "live" news. TV news lagged 1/2 day, print media lagged 1 day minimum. People had (and took) the time to think critically about what they were being told. Now a 150 character max tweet will dominate a news cycle for 2-3 days and volumes of arguments/opinions are created by it.

I'd like to think that in the past there was more journalistic integrity, but maybe there wasn't. I grew up watching Peter Jennings, Dan Rather, and Tom Brokaw. All 3 of them having since been IMO disgraced as leftist ideologues. Did it all change when Cronkite started injecting his opinions regarding the Viet Nam conflict? Did it happen before then? Has the media always been the way to control the masses?

The difference between the Rather, Jennings, and Brokaw era of journalism versus today's version of journalism is that the old style at least made an effort to conceal their bias and maintain some level of professionalism.

That is all out the window today. Watch and White House press briefing and it will affirm my point. They are full on left wing commies and wear it on their sleeve.

They use the 1st Amendment to subvert America. Not inform it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by KenMi

And when death numbers were not looking like the models, they transferred Covid patients to nursing homes because they knew that would get results.

Domestic terrorists are real. They aren't just antifa. They even dwell in the government.

Hanging should result from those decisions. Who does that? Who transfers people with contagious diseases to nursing homes? Sick fucques, evil bastards, not decent people. They need to pay for that with their own lives.

Fully agree Roy - it takes a rotten SOB to have even the tiniest part in such a thing - quick death is far too good for each and every one of them .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

The difference between the Rather, Jennings, and Brokaw era of journalism versus today's version of journalism is that the old style at least made an effort to conceal their bias and maintain some level of professionalism.

That is all out the window today. Watch and White House press briefing and it will affirm my point. They are full on left wing commies and wear it on their sleeve.

That brings a couple of things to mind. One is that the people now running the MSM outlets are using them as podium for there own political views. No longer is there a hidden bias, but it is platform for their agenda. Take Jeff Zucker at CNN. He most certainly isn't about the ratings.

Next is that with social media, the traditional MSM lives in fear of being scooped By HuffPo or Drudge etc. so they will run any story that suits them without the benefit of proper vetting. The figure it will be old news and forgotten in 24-48 hours it would take to vet the story.

Note that changes the Left leaning bias from those classic Northeastern Liberals that work for NYT and WaPo and worshipped the Kennedys to Google/Microsoft/Yahoo Left Coast progressives. I looked at 43 headlines on Yahoo homepage one day last week. 33 were political, 11 had neutral headlines neither for or against the Trump Admin or GOP. Zero were right leaning. That left 22 on the homepage with blatant Left bias.

Headline writers are all about sensationalism for click bait. The headlines will have the most outrageous claims that story has trouble supporting. the National Enquirer would be embarrassed.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"As for USA getting hit hard? We just this morning approached 1% infection. People miss that, there are 300,000,000+ people in USA, 3,000,000 now confirmed cases is about 1%. "

I guess what bothers me the most is what determines a "case". If you're down with the measles you're sick, have a fever etc. But in the "case" of the coronacrap, just testing positive constitutes a "case". You don't have to be sick but you're still a "case". What utter bull dung!

More than once I've suggested reading Micheal Chrichton's State of Fear. There's five paged buried in that book that so closely describes how the governnent took control on the coronacrap that it's just seriously scary. What made it so interesting is I read the book almost five years before coronacrap was a gleam in China's eye. When it started up is was deja vu all over again.

FWIW, I also don't believe that virus got out by accident. But that's for another discussion.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Covid is the single most greatest scam in this history of this world. By the time it’s over who knows how much it’ll have cost in lost revenue and productivity - nevermind the as of yet unknown effect on people, with the loss of freedoms, masks and social distancing BS, kids staying home from school, people losing their jobs, others getting on the welfare train, etc...

I seriously doubt they could have pulled it off with my parents generation at the helm. They would’ve looked at anyone proposing all this then had them committed. It’s absolutely insane what’s going on but people are all in. I swear I feel like I’m in some kind of alternate universe, or some kind of giant practical joke.

I keep waiting for someone to jump and say “April fool! We Got You!!”...

How much of an answer do want? There are several layers to this onion.

1.) Medical/Scientific/Epidemiological

Doctors and researchers identified the now named COVID 19 as being in the same family of virus as MERS and SARS. While MERS is not highly contagious between humans, so far 35% of some 2500 cases worldwide resulted in death. SARS is similarly not high contagious between humans, (no cases reported since 2004) but has an 11% death rate. Researchers saw that this COVID thing was highly contagious and had similar symptoms to MERS and SARS and feared the worse. A highly contagious form of MERS would be a repeat of the Black Death from the Middle Ages. Truly a bad scenario

2.) Early reports from Wuhan were restricted and information was kept from the international community. All attempts to send outside scientists and doctors to Wuhan early were rebuffed, so the West was blocked from the early data. Once it got to Italy, it quickly overwhelmed the health care system in Milan and the mortality amongst the older population was serious. Therefor, there was the fear and assumption that COVID could be a contagious MERS or SARS-like pathogen.

3.) Once testing became available, it was discovered that by the timeline they knew, this virus had spread to virtually every country on earth in 2 months. Now, that may or may not be accurate in time, but it circled the globe very quickly no matter how you looked at it. Hospitals were filling up with stricken patients in North America and Western Europe, as well as Iran at a rapid rate.

4.) The cry went out to epidemiologists for a solution. Without a vaccine, there is no real protection, and with it in every country of the world, now, you can't isolate and let it burn itself out locally. That is the strategy for many disease in which we have no specific treatment. Isolate it and let it burn out. So when the US hospitals stated to fill up, "experts" worried that we would have a "Milan" type situation where healthcare would collapse and people would go without treatment and suffer/die neglected. Hence, the only solution without a vaccine was to isolate the population and slow the spread. That's the lock down. This strategy is at play every year during flu season. Ever notice that flu season peters out in April almost every year? Hot weather is not the reason, because it's not hot in most of the country at Easter. When is school Spring Break? All over the country, we send kids home from the germ factories we call schools, people take a week off of work, and the chain of transmission is broken. Same sometimes happens at Christmas time. The 1968-69 Hong Kong flu pandemic was significantly slowed by Christmas Break.

Now, on to the dirty side of this

1.) It is an election year, and the Left is desperate. We do not need to review how if the President says up, the Democrats say down. The Democrats started this "Resist! and Obstruct!" (R & O) Trump before he even to office. ANYTHING they can do to damage him, they'll try.

First it was that his respond on limiting overseas flights was "Xenophobic". Now they claim it was too little too late. (See R & O above)

Next, you had Dems like Andrew Cuomo in the media everyday saying that Trump did't provide enough PPE and ventilators and that 2 million would die and insinuated that was blood on Trump's hands. Trump revved up American manufacturing and within weeks, Cuomo and everyone else got the stuff they needed.

Then you have the dire in the about the 2 million dead. It never happened. We all have seen evidence that the numbers are over exaggerated about the TRUE number of people that have died directly from COVID in the US. Any death that comes about on a person that has a positive test is automatically a COVID casualty, even if the exaggerated cause of death is a heart attack. That doesn't mean that COVID hasn't been serious, it means that it is being politically manipulated.

Next, the Dems strategy was to keep the economy shut down to damage Trump. All part of R & O under the pretense that they wanted to "save lives". The Dem governors and mayors were told by Congress that they'd keep the unemployment money flowing, so shut the economy down in your states and kill Trump's crowning achievements s jobs and a boom stock market. The market tanked briefly and recovered. Dems and Leftists continue the past two months to miss forecasts on jobs badly trying to damage Trump.

With these strategies failing to separate Trump from his base, the Left and the Dems got a Christmas come early present. After 3 months of constant, and I mean constant COVID talk and no other topic for discussion, we witnessed another Ferguson opportunity. The Left has been sitting on an extensive plan to trot out multiple protests at the next opportunity, and they got one in Minneapolis. Since Ferguson and Baltimore, these BLM/ANTIFA groups have learned lessons and refined their attack, their mobility, their recruitment, and their response times. It was simple for them to show up in Minneapolis with preprinted signs and demonstrate while they sent groups to other cities to whip protests.

It's not difficult to get Black Urban dwellers age 15-30 to get drunk and tear stuff up. It is absolutely no coincidence that here in Atlanta the demonstration was right outside of CNN world headquarters. I mean on their sidewalk. What better way to get on TV?

Democrat mayors and governors were passed the word to allow these "peaceful demonstrations" and to allow Americans to vent their fruitions. By no means did they want these to stop anytime soon. The reason? One of the prime revolutionary tactics is make the cities ungovernable. The pacifist masses will cling to anything that promises to restore order. Ask Russia 1917, Germany 1933, China 1945, Cuba 1959 etc. etc. This is current Dem plan, but they sense that CHAZ thing and the other totally out of control actions are turning public opinion.

So now they are back on the rising number of COVID cases and how we need another shutdown.

Long answer, but you asked....!

Well, TBH, it was really a rhetorical question cause I’m frustrated with the whole thing, but you really nailed it in the second half. Good answer...

Doc really nailed it in the first half too, in case you missed that.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Read it PJG.

Pretty good. A bit dated but you are right.

Originally Posted by deflave

That brings a couple of things to mind. One is that the people now running the MSM outlets are using them as podium for there own political views. No longer is there a hidden bias, but it is platform for their agenda. Take Jeff Zucker at CNN. He most certainly isn't about the ratings.

Next is that with social media, the traditional MSM lives in fear of being scooped By HuffPo or Drudge etc. so they will run any story that suits them without the benefit of proper vetting. The figure it will be old news and forgotten in 24-48 hours it would take to vet the story.

Note that changes the Left leaning bias from those classic Northeastern Liberals that work for NYT and WaPo and worshipped the Kennedys to Google/Microsoft/Yahoo Left Coast progressives. I looked at 43 headlines on Yahoo homepage one day last week. 33 were political, 11 had neutral headlines neither for or against the Trump Admin or GOP. Zero were right leaning. That left 22 on the homepage with blatant Left bias.

Headline writers are all about sensationalism for click bait. The headlines will have the most outrageous claims that story has trouble supporting. the National Enquirer would be embarrassed.

The MSNBC bias has spread to other segments of the NBC portfolio and the whole corporation has drifted left.

Outing Bloomey as a liberal seems to have freed their hand. Bloomberg and CNBC used to define the middle but not so anymore. There are still some who try and maintain journalistic integrity but they are the decided minority...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

The main issue, is people have forgotten what the shutdown was intended for. It was NOT to stop the virus, but stall it. Without a vaccine, it will spread. So....

Mission accomplished, success!

It slowed, we got ready, we learned about it, hospitals got ready. Turn it loose.

Schools should open, if needed/wanted, isolate the pockets that are most susceptible, older people etc. Media keeps comparing USA to other small countries which aren't acting like we are. Let's be honest: It IS an issue, it IS contagious, it IS a higher than normal death rate.

As for USA getting hit hard? We just this morning approached 1% infection. People miss that, there are 300,000,000+ people in USA, 3,000,000 now confirmed cases is about 1%. That is not a pandemic, that is not being overrun, that's fine!

Second, USA is so big and diverse, geographically as well as population, that shutting down the country is dumb. Shut down/restrict where it actually is/was an issue: NYC. The outbreaks now bear watching, but nothing more.

People WILL get this thing, they said right upfront EVERYONE will probably get it, we need to spared that out.

This! Run the numbers as percentages - it's a ho-hum flu. (Unless you get it, and even then - but overall...)

The lies, the MSM distortions and piling on, the conspiracies - all real if one is willing to keep an open mind and examine the facts as they are, not as the MSM endlessly promotes.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,159 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,938
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.