Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Personally, I don't believe in the "racist" thing.

I do believe the dogs I've had were/are very attuned to the appearance of any person, until they become accustomed to said person.

When one lives in an all white household, in a predominantly white neighborhood, what does one expect of their dog upon meeting a person who looks entirely different?

Our dogs now, have no problem with our black neighbor, they like him when he comes over, as he did for Thanksgiving dinner. Then again, he's a nice negro, right?

I've had more than one dog, as I'm sure others on here have, that did not like folks in uniform. Coppers, Postal workers (reason to be afraid there? shocked ), UPS, FedEx, Meter readers, etc.

Over the years our dogs have warned us of folks acting "weird", as in behavior that didn't seem what normal folks should be doing.

Had one great dog, never could understand why he did not like folks wearing hats. Given that I wear hats all the time, even indoors (I've got a ball cap on as I type this). Was he trying to tell me something? I was awfully tough on that dog for a few years.

But "racist"? Not mine at least.

I've been assured by my friends on the left that racism can only occur when the party engaging in racist behavior has "power" over the target, and that's something that means blacks can't be racist since they've been disenfranchised. Well, until my dog is given the power to vote and paid reparations, he ain't a racist, even though he hated blacks.

Living in Oakland, I can't for the life of me imagine why. wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

I do believe the dogs I've had were/are very attuned to the appearance of any person, until they become accustomed to said person.

When one lives in an all white household, in a predominantly white neighborhood, what does one expect of their dog upon meeting a person who looks entirely different?

Our dogs now, have no problem with our black neighbor, they like him when he comes over, as he did for Thanksgiving dinner. Then again, he's a nice negro, right?

I've had more than one dog, as I'm sure others on here have, that did not like folks in uniform. Coppers, Postal workers (reason to be afraid there? shocked ), UPS, FedEx, Meter readers, etc.

Over the years our dogs have warned us of folks acting "weird", as in behavior that didn't seem what normal folks should be doing.

Had one great dog, never could understand why he did not like folks wearing hats. Given that I wear hats all the time, even indoors (I've got a ball cap on as I type this). Was he trying to tell me something? I was awfully tough on that dog for a few years.

I've been assured by my friends on the left that racism can only occur when the party engaging in racist behavior has "power" over the target, and that's something that means blacks can't be racist since they've been disenfranchised. Well, until my dog is given the power to vote and paid reparations, he ain't a racist, even though he hated blacks.

Alas, he passed away about 10 years ago, after we had left Oakland. But he was an amazing dog. I used to take him to a typically Oakland dog park (under a freeway overpass in the hood, nothing but pavement and garbage) and he'd get along with all other dogs, especially pit bulls. But one day I was going to get a ball to throw for him and a German Shepherd cornered me and starting to growl. Out of nowhere, my lab (a big boy at over 90 lbs) came running and t-boned the Shepherd. No one believed it cause that dog was so gentle that even the vet told us he must have had his mean bone removed.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
In my experience, dogs raised by white people don't like blacks, and vice versa. I suspect it has to do with the difference in smell.

Some dogs don't like the smell of coconut or pot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had a little 8lb Chihuahua/Jack Russel mix, ornery little brown and white cuss who got to keep his ‘nads. He could spot off-duty Cops at the range every time and would get in their face, White and Mexican both. I think it was their body language or their walk or something.

Black folks? I had a rat terrier too back then, ordinarily laid back. One time in the morning I went grocery shopping and left the dogs in the car, parking lot mostly empty at that hour.

I come out and this Black guy with a big smile on his face is dancing pirouettes around the car, both little dogs going full on Cujo beserk inside the car following him around from window to window grin

He was embarrassed when I came walking up, I thought it was funny.

That little mutt is the only dog I have had that bit someone, a drunk Mexican reaching into my Ex’s car at the park, little fugger struck like a rattlesnake from the back seat. He was a good dog.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

^^^^^^^
This dog was 100% feral in the main train yard in Mosul.
The Alpha dog of em all.
We named him JYD, junk yard dog.

Myself and 2 of my philippino soldiers Ravago and Casica started working with him and got him to the point of being americanized and our compound dog.
Then he opened up friendly to the rest of the platoon.
Belly rubs, food, frisbee, patrolling, kicking azz.
Seen him take on 4 other dogs one day when they thought they could move in and take over the train yard and his pack from him.
Holy fugg....
JYD won.
Almost killed one on the ground withba throat hold.
Think he broke anothers front leg.
Couple bites on back of his neck which our platoon medic doctored up.

He would sleep all day and walk with squads on patrol at night all over the city.
Lit up Haji,s azz,s and upper thighs several times.
Take a rest break with security on patrol
JYD would break off 50 75 yds out do his early warning cujo barking thing if he seen a haji.

Dogs know who azzholes are.
We handed him off to the stryker company that took over our AO.
Took him about a week during our 3 week overlap for him to get up in the back of the crew compartment of a stryker and go out with those guys.

Fugging war dog.......

Last edited by renegade50; 07/08/20.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Alas, he passed away about 10 years ago, after we had left Oakland. But he was an amazing dog. I used to take him to a typically Oakland dog park (under a freeway overpass in the hood, nothing but pavement and garbage) and he'd get along with all other dogs, especially pit bulls. But one day I was going to get a ball to throw for him and a German Shepherd cornered me and starting to growl. Out of nowhere, my lab (a big boy at over 90 lbs) came running and t-boned the Shepherd. No one believed it cause that dog was so gentle that even the vet told us he must have had his mean bone removed.

Dog parks can bring out the best and worst in our friends.
Val, our mixed breed, hence Valsdad was a nice girl, hardly ever see any aggressive type behavior from her toward folks or other dogs.
At a dog park in Henderson/LV one time, she was 30 or so yards from me when I went over to get something we left on a bench, toy leash, cookie, whatever.

Lady came in with a little Jack Russel terrier that started trying to get nasty with me, just because. Val ran over and without having to bite or more than just with a look and a growling bark told that dog what was going to happen if it continued its attitude toward me. My wife and I were about stunned. We would have expected that out of our other two dogs, but not the mellow one in the pack. The owner lady of that little dog swooped in and got that dog out of the way.

Dogs are amazing. That girl would put herself between my wife and anything approaching danger when she walked the pack in the morning in Fresno/Clovis. Like the drunk guy laying in the gutter up the street, or sketchy looking folks walking down the other sidewalk. Just casually move in front of and to the side of my wife to let the opposition know they were sighted.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come On!!!!

I thought we all knew that dogs were much smarter that people!

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Back about 3 weeks ago.
Grandog dog Brady saved my wifes azz from d bags 2 german shepards .
Posted about that bullschitt.
Brady a 55 60 pd redbone coon hound taking on 2, 95+ pd german shepards.
Wife said he held his own for about 20 seconds.
Wife got some of them shepards also with Brady,s chain leash when he slipped his collar defending his grandma.

What a goat fugged situation.

Fugging sheeple in my neighborhood and their run ins with that azzhole and his dogs over the past 3 yrs never doing schit about it either.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAS
Who here believes that a dog can point out an ahole?

My German wirehair is very happy to almost everybody. Like 99%. But for some reason it doesn’t like certain people. One of them is a distant family member. And for that one, the dog is spot on.

Anyone else see this?

YES ABSOLUTELY

the only human my big, fat completely socialized Labrador retriever ever growled at, was my total shïtbird wife’s derelict, malingering, drunk-druggie cousin that used to come around bumming ‘lawn mower gas’ for his Tahoe.

It was uncanny....I never seen big chug of love do that. I would deny it if I hadnt witnessed it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had a chocolate lab when I lived in Oakland (Ca). The dog was the friendliest, goofiest guy around, unless he saw a negro (which, in Oakland, is all the time). I've heard of other dogs having this type of reaction, so I never thought much of it. But back then (I think it was early 2002), I lived near Lake Merritt, which is also where the mayor of Oakland would walk every day. He (Jerry Brown) also had a lab and our dogs would play as we walked, but my dog stopped to bark at every black person who passed by. I looked at the mayor and said "I guess you trained your pup to not react to threats".

I think he figured out what I meant after I left.

My yellow lab is like Tarquin, he’s never seen a negro.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

^^^^^^^
The Alpha dog of em all.

Myself and 2 of my philippino soldiers Ravago and Casica started working with him and got him to the point of being americanized and our compound dog.
Seen him take on 4 other dogs one day when they thought they could move in and take over the train yard and his pack from him.
Holy fugg....
JYD won.

He would sleep all day and walk with squads on patrol at night all over the city.
JYD would break off 50 75 yds out do his early warning cujo barking thing if he seen a haji.

Took him about a week during our 3 week overlap for him to get up in the back of the crew compartment of a stryker and go out with those guys.

Fugging war dog.......

The most amazing dog story on these boards yet, and there’s been a bunch 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a chocolate lab when I lived in Oakland (Ca). The dog was the friendliest, goofiest guy around, unless he saw a negro (which, in Oakland, is all the time). I've heard of other dogs having this type of reaction, so I never thought much of it. But back then (I think it was early 2002), I lived near Lake Merritt, which is also where the mayor of Oakland would walk every day. He (Jerry Brown) also had a lab and our dogs would play as we walked, but my dog stopped to bark at every black person who passed by. I looked at the mayor and said "I guess you trained your pup to not react to threats".

I had a chocolate lab that was the same exact way. Friend of everyone, as long as they weren't black. He'd turn up his lip, the hackles would go up on the back of his neck, he'd plant himselft directly between me and the black person and just let out the deepest, scariest growl a dog could possibly muster up. I couldn't take him anywhere where we might cross paths with black people. It wouldn't have been safe for any of us.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

^^^^^^^
The Alpha dog of em all.

Holy fugg....
JYD won.

Fugging war dog.......

The most amazing dog story on these boards yet, and there’s been a bunch 😎

This was during OIF1.
None of the system for bringing dogs back to the USA where in place or thought of.

JYD was a epic dog and proof of their loyalty to humans in a example of how 2 species become partners.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Birdie

What is the name of that little mama dog? 😃

All we hear about Cleburne

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I like Cleburne.

Cool looking.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

^^^^^^^
The Alpha dog of em all.

Holy fugg....
JYD won.

Fugging war dog.......

He looks bad ass REN. Too bad you couldn’t bring him back with you. That’s sad. Whatever happened to him? Do you know?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Hahaha, tff, Remy.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Dogs and children are good judges of character.

"cept for that White/Black thing. Dogs can be racist! (For real!)

Be interesting to see how dogs do with Chinese and Vietnamese.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I certainly believe that dogs are good judges of people. I once had a dalmatian who loved people, but tried to bite every a$$hole she ever met. She batted 1000 on that as far as I am concerned.

When I was a kid, a farmer in the county had a Dalmatian who would, no kidding, run up to salesmen and Jehova's Witnesses when they came to the door, hike his leg, and piss on them.

I really wanted a pup out of that dog...
A Rancid Crabtree dog.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

this one could smell anything !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (21, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 62 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,814
Posts18,477,637
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.