Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by deflave
All Americans would happily wear a mask if it was 100% bullschit.

It does nothing. It's virtue signaling and nothing else.

Not much of anything you have claimed about CV19 has worked out. But that won't stop ya. You are determined not to learn, and very good at it.

Lieutenant Lesbian is still scared to death.

What a shock!

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Not much of anything you have claimed about CV19 has worked out. But that won't stop ya. You are determined not to learn, and very good at it.

Like i said, its easy to see what the DNC did for Detroit and Chitcago and Baltimore and.....

But for some, thats another mental leap too far.

Honest question, Leroy, what do you think would have happened if Hillary had been elected and shot Putins jets from the sky over Syria as she promised?

PS. Im not sorry the deep state cabal shes a puppet for was unable to flip Syria to the Caliphate you and Zero love so much.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Like i said, its easy to see what the DNC did for Detroit and Chitcago and Baltimore and.....

But for some, thats another mental leap too far.

Honest question, Leroy, what do you think would have happened if Hillary had been elected and shot Putins jets from the sky over Syria as she promised?

PS. Im not sorry the deep state cabal shes a puppet for was unable to flip Syria to the Caliphate you and Zero love so much.

your problem is with the "and".

But were Hillary president, we would have a functional society and a MUCH better economy. No questions about that.

Of course, you would have to find some other fake stories and conspiracies to make up, but you could do that.

Honest question for you jaggies. In what way does Trump's denial of the CV19 epidemic and all that goes with it help get our economy back on track in the long run. Dead people don't spend money and dragging the jobless rate out like this doesn't grow anything but debt and eventual rampant inflation.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Your problem is with the IQ bit.

No on the functional society BS. We would have had Nuclear War.

If not that, the functional society would resemble that of Cuba ot Venezuela.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/09/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is interesting in these mask conversations that we tend to treat masks as a singular and equal item.

Are we talking about the t-shirt that the Walmart worker has draped across their chin, the cotton loop masks that Ma Avery from the local church sewed up, a bandana, a KN-95 purchased off ebay, or what?

The bottom line is that NOBODY knows the efficacy of the various face coverings that are worn as they are being worn by people in public places.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by coat4gun
Ok, so a mask may slow the spread of this virus. Why again do we want to slow it down? I'm thinking we need to speed it up to get over it. I say bring it. Covid parties should become a thing like we used to have chicken pox parties. Get as many young healthy folk there as possible. It ain't going away till most of us have immunity and I am not doing a vaccine if I can avoid it.

That's a valid question. Even if we "flatten the curve" the area under the curve is the same. But right now, about 1% of the US pop has been infected. Things will get even crazier when it rapidly hits 50, 60, 80% like they predict it would in short order.

I disagree about the vaccine. The trials are rigorous, and there are already companies set to begin stage 3 clinical trials with 10s of thousands of people. If it passes muster, I'll get my shot. Well, Uncle Sam owns me, so it's really not like I get a say, but I would choose to regardless.

The chicken pox vaccine is safer than having chicken pox, and vaccinated people aren't risking getting shingles later. We dont know all the long term effects of covid yet, but some initial reports are concerning. I'd rather skip this one if I can

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
You go, girl.

Yep, 2 million of us are going to die, just not of Covid as " they" predicted.

Iirc, at first, they predicted it wasnt serious and Trump was a meany shutting off flights from their Chinese buds.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It is interesting in these mask conversations that we tend to treat masks as a singular and equal item.

Are we talking about the t-shirt that the Walmart worker has draped across their chin, the cotton loop masks that Ma Avery from the local church sewed up, a bandana, a KN-95 purchased off ebay, or what?

The bottom line is that NOBODY knows the efficacy of the various face coverings that are worn as they are being worn by people in public places.

You'd have to ask the idiots that claim they're all effective.

Dr. Fauci is one of them.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by MTDan
Oh, here's one more for you. I know that first study was a tough read. This analyses mask effectiveness in china, korea, and Italy and calls masks "vital" I know that because I actually read it....

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590097820300124

If you read what I said before you'd know that the masks aren't stopping bare virus particles, but you're not shedding bare virus. You're shedding water droplets with virus in them. Masks have some effectiveness against that and partial effectiveness will prevent a lot of infection.

Cloth masks absolutely can hold bacteria. So change then out! Don't wear them 12 hours a day! It's not that difficult. You're searching for any little thing to grab onto, even though the evidence is against you.

So I've given you peer reviewed published medical journals to support my position. You gave me opinion pieces from sketchy news sites and research taken out of context. But somehow I'm the idiot...

So I ask you sincerely, what would it take to change your mind?

Droplets my ass if droplets were full of virus then why can't they swab your saliva to test for COVID-19? Why do they go way back in your nose?

Masks are BS wearibg a cloth mask 8 to 10 hours a day can cause bacteria respiratory infection. I personal I own a women this happened to

Do this experiment for yourself. Open your freezer and stand directly in front of it. Breath. Can you see your breath? Those are the respiratory droplets.

Now try it with a mask on and report back.

We're waiting.....

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sheesh. So warm moist air going to cold doesnt condense. Dayom you are dense.

Who is that who breathes through your window panes on a cold day?

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Do this experiment for yourself. Open your freezer and stand directly in front of it. Breath. Can you see your breath? Those are the respiratory droplets.

We're waiting.....

LMFAO

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by coat4gun
Ok, so a mask may slow the spread of this virus. Why again do we want to slow it down? I'm thinking we need to speed it up to get over it. I say bring it. Covid parties should become a thing like we used to have chicken pox parties. Get as many young healthy folk there as possible. It ain't going away till most of us have immunity and I am not doing a vaccine if I can avoid it.

That's a valid question. Even if we "flatten the curve" the area under the curve is the same. But right now, about 1% of the US pop has been infected. Things will get even crazier when it rapidly hits 50, 60, 80% like they predict it would in short order.

I disagree about the vaccine. The trials are rigorous, and there are already companies set to begin stage 3 clinical trials with 10s of thousands of people. If it passes muster, I'll get my shot. Well, Uncle Sam owns me, so it's really not like I get a say, but I would choose to regardless.

The chicken pox vaccine is safer than having chicken pox, and vaccinated people aren't risking getting shingles later. We dont know all the long term effects of covid yet, but some initial reports are concerning. I'd rather skip this one if I can

Do you honestly believe that we are at 1% infected? What % of the U.S. population has been tested? I would venture that we are approaching 10% infected if not higher.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Sheesh. So warm air going to cold doesnt condense. Dayom you are dense.

I guess that means we can spit in a petri dish and have that tested for COVID.

LOL

Where do these dumb fugks come from?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Oh, here's one more for you. I know that first study was a tough read. This analyses mask effectiveness in china, korea, and Italy and calls masks "vital" I know that because I actually read it....

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590097820300124

If you read what I said before you'd know that the masks aren't stopping bare virus particles, but you're not shedding bare virus. You're shedding water droplets with virus in them. Masks have some effectiveness against that and partial effectiveness will prevent a lot of infection.

Cloth masks absolutely can hold bacteria. So change then out! Don't wear them 12 hours a day! It's not that difficult. You're searching for any little thing to grab onto, even though the evidence is against you.

So I've given you peer reviewed published medical journals to support my position. You gave me opinion pieces from sketchy news sites and research taken out of context. But somehow I'm the idiot...

So I ask you sincerely, what would it take to change your mind?

Droplets my ass if droplets were full of virus then why can't they swab your saliva to test for COVID-19? Why do they go way back in your nose?

Masks are BS wearibg a cloth mask 8 to 10 hours a day can cause bacteria respiratory infection. I personal I own a women this happened to

We're waiting.....

A mask? What kind of mask? A bandana? A modified sock?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

LMAO... 😂

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

A mask? What kind of mask? A bandana? A modified sock?

I think MTDame and SheRoy should conduct that experiment with a garbage bag.

For five minutes.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
"A mask? What kind of mask? A bandana? A modified sock?"

Modified FTL's [previously used of course]

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
In order of effectiveness
PAPR
N95
surgical mask
tight weave fabric

Yes, fabric isn't nearly as good, but it has some effect.

Agree that some homebrewed masks are bullshit, like whats-her-name wich her crochet one.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
In order of effectiveness
PAPR
N95
surgical mask
tight weave fabric

Yes, fabric isn't nearly as good, but it has some effect.

Agree that some homebrewed masks are bullshit, like whats-her-name wich her crochet one.

I think maybe you can bow out of this conversation now.

You've proven yourself an idiot.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Another thing that is interesting to me is how binary the thinking is. One group says masks don't work. One group hails masks as a panacea. Not surprisingly, I am in the middle. The various face coverings, the way I see people using them in my day to day life probably serve a nominal good. I don't think I have seen one face covering that would stop all particles. They don't have to stop all of them to be of value.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.