Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As already posted, more like a punt then a ruling.

Here is Sundance's Breakdown.

♦ In the Trump -v- Vance case, a subpoena by a Manhattan district attorney, the justices (by a vote of 7-2) rejected the president’s claim that he is immune from state grand jury proceedings while he is in office. However, the decision in that case does not mean financial records the grand jury seeks will be turned over. As Amy Howe notes: “the court sent the case back to the trial court and agreed that the president could still argue that complying with this subpoena would interfere with his ability to do his job.”

This was the case outcome that likely frustrated President Trump the most because it forces him to continue fighting, and spending, against Lawfare resistance activists in state courts as accusations are brought by politically motivated state prosecutors.

-----------

♦ In the Trump -v- Mazars case, which is a combination of two rolled-up cases combining different legislative efforts (congressional subpoenas) to gain Trump’s financial records, the justices (again 7-2) sent the combined cases back to lower courts after highlighting that legislative subpoenas must be made for a “valid legislative purpose” not for law enforcement. This aspect is based on the clear separation of powers in the constitution.

We anticipated this ruling in the Trump -v- Mazars case because it was clear the efforts of the House were fishing expeditions. Despite initiating an impeachment effort in order to bolster their attempt; and then attempting to backdoor the congressional subpoenas under the guise of the impeachment effort; the Supreme Court rejected that approach.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-punts-on-trump-financial-records-cases/

All-in-All, it was a win for President Trump although not a battle ending victory.

Last edited by steve4102; 07/09/20.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by centershot
I don't want my tax records plastered all over the place, why would he?

It would be a felony to do so. There is nothing in those tax returns to take down Trump because Obama’s militant I R S already went through them with a fine tooth comb. The Bolsheviks wouldn’t have had to gamble with a fake dossier if the IRS could have taken him out.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by centershot
I don't want my tax records plastered all over the place, why would he?

It would be a felony to do so. There is nothing in those tax returns to take down Trump because Obama’s militant I R S already went through them with a fine tooth comb. The Bolsheviks wouldn’t have had to gamble with a fake dossier if the IRS could have taken him out.

Excellent Point.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102
Hello President Biden.

Why do you say that? All billionaires, including Trump, are audited every year. The president and vice president, when not billionaires, are audited every year. Guess what that means? It means the IRS has already determined the returns are proper and they have accepted them. If they hadn't then the IRS would reject the return and demand additional documentation. Have you heard of that happening?

Here's the bottom line, if Trump has filed his tax returns (which he has) and the IRS has accepted the returns (which they have) then Trump has fulfilled all his legal obligations in the matter. Sort of like the same thing with your taxes. If you file and the IRS accepts them, you're done for the year. I can't demand you do anything more. Period.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A bigger question is what the GJ is allowed to do with those records. Whether they're allowed to make them public is a serious issue.

Per existing federal law, grand jury information cannot be released to the public. If this leaks then somebody needs to be held accountable.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MAC
Hello President Biden.

Why do you say that? All billionaires, including Trump, are audited every year. The president and vice president, when not billionaires, are audited every year. Guess what that means? It means the IRS has already determined the returns are proper and they have accepted them. If they hadn't then the IRS would reject the return and demand additional documentation. Have you heard of that happening?

Here's the bottom line, if Trump has filed his tax returns (which he has) and the IRS has accepted the returns (which they have) then Trump has fulfilled all his legal obligations in the matter. Sort of like the same thing with your taxes. If you file and the IRS accepts them, you're done for the year. I can't demand you do anything more. Period.

Those are facts.

The media and the Democrats do not deal in facts.
They deal is accusations, false implications and propaganda.

It matters not what is in those tax returns, what matters is what the lefty says is in those returns.

The average Joe will never see or read Thousands of pages of Trumps taxes, they will be told what is in them by the corrupt media and the communist party.

Last edited by steve4102; 07/10/20.

IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC
Hello President Biden.

Those are facts.

It matters not what is in those tax returns, what matters is what the lefty says is in those returns.

The average Joe will never see or read Thousands of pages of Trumps taxes, they will be told what is in them by the corrupt media and the communist party.

But they won't see any of them before the election. This was tossed back to the lower court where NY has to subpoena them and tell exactly what they are looking for and why they want it. That will take more time than there is before the election. All the LIBs can do is the same thing they have been doing, speculate.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by MAC
Hello President Biden.

Those are facts.

But they won't see any of them before the election. This was tossed back to the lower court where NY has to subpoena them and tell exactly what they are looking for and why they want it. That will take more time than there is before the election. All the LIBs can do is the same thing they have been doing, speculate.

More facts.
That is why this was a big win for President Trump and America.

I believe the media already has these returns and has already propagandized them for commentary .
This was a huge setback for them, as now they cannot comment on something they are not supposed to have.

Time will tell, but I have Believe they have a plan (B) to all of this Bull Schit.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by MAC

My understanding is that when the case goes back to the lower trial court, Trump's attorneys can introduce new arguments that complying with the subpoena would interfere with his ability to do his job. The main issue the justices seem to have was his claim of absolute immuinity.

I think it will held up until after the election. They do no have the tax returns yet, and may never see them.

The DNI is holding some cards up his sleeve too. I'd be surprised if he didn't release a flurry of declassified documents to force some action if the Durham report is delayed.

Vance is very political, his father was Carter's SOS. It's no secret he's looking for a cabinet position in a Biden administration. This is the same guy that won't prosecute low level criminals....aka "protestors".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by MAC

My understanding is that when the case goes back to the lower trial court, Trump's attorneys can introduce new arguments that complying with the subpoena would interfere with his ability to do his job. The main issue the justices seem to have was his claim of absolute immuinity.

I think it will held up until after the election. They do no have the tax returns yet, and may never see them.

The DNI is holding some cards up his sleeve too. I'd be surprised if he didn't release a flurry of declassified documents to force some action if the IG report is delayed.

Vance is very political, his father was Carter's SOS. It's no secret he's looking for a cabinet position in a Biden administration. This is the same guy that won't prosecute low level criminals....aka "protestors".

What IG report are you referring to?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Originally Posted by MAC

The DNI is holding some cards up his sleeve too. I'd be surprised if he didn't release a flurry of declassified documents to force some action if the IG report is delayed.

What IG report are you referring to?

Durham, but he's not an IG, my mistake. He's dragging his feet to get the goods on some.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,471
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.