Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Damn Ren. You woke up thinking about him! 😃

Said I wouldnt stop last night.
Tons of material...
Cant help it...
Schitt just flowing like a Cray 2 supercomputer.
Aint even scratched the surface.
Commissioning process aint even been touched......

LMFAO!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/11/20.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Any pics? Is she hot?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by viking
Any pics? Is she hot?

It,s being kept on the down low due to OPSEC.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure there are exceptions but the undisputed fact is women soldiers are better suited to office jobs, pilots, being nurses, and Snipers...Period !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 07/11/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight on with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam when the force was mostly young men.

It’s not even close to that anymore.

You guys can gripe all you want, but the logistics of the modern force require some SOF to be female, and that’s not going to change in your lifetime.

The military has to find a way to make this work.

There’s no other choices.
My son is in ROTC.
I told him to skip Army and go into a trade simply because of it's PC.

Which came first PC or poor recruitment numbers? I believe PC, but it doesn't matter. Low recruitment numbers feed off the perception that today's Army is no place for straight white men.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HitnRun
It was to ask how many of the people here listing reasons why a woman couldn’t be a Ranger were or are actually Rangers. As in,
Speaking from first hand experience vs. spouting off on something they have no first hand knowledge of.

Thank God you retired before becoming a Brigadier General, if in fact that was even a possibility, the last thing America needs is a mixed up emotional male in the Armed Forces.
Unfortunately, the CO of Ft. Knox sounds *exactly* like him.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So much fail - especially from Col, Schitbird on this thread. Females are better shots, We need them to volunteer because not enough men are doing it. They are just as capable of meeting the physical requirements as males.

I’m too lazy to go through even a fraction of some some of the bull Schitt I’ve seen from these “elite” Xena the Warrior Princess types” but let me just say a lot of it would’ve actually been grounds for court marshal had they been male soldiers. Instead they got ribbons and fancy ceremonies but whatever. Also to those that said Police departments, Sheriff’s Offices and fed agencies do it to, you are absolutely correct. Also spent the majority of my time as. Fed Leo, as a range instructor.

The comment that they are better shots than males is just plain out hilarious. Like anything else, there is an exception every now and then, but to say on average is laughable...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys went to Green Beret training, and passed, and are qualified to comment?

Or are you mostly like the kids who play HALO and think they are "Master Chief?"

My experience is most of the bitchers-and-moaners are the ones who:

1. Never were in the military but they know a guy who knows a guy who is a Delta Force, Green Beret Navy SEAL sniper and he says women cant make it.
2. Didn't try for the school because they are not qualified, so how can a woman be qualified?
3. Applied but didn't get selected (see above)
4. Dropped out or didn't pass the school (see above).

Someone who was a Green Beret, please start a list just so I can tell who's offering insight, and who's whining?

I did not apply, nor did I go, but I was USAF. I didn't go Para-rescue (I did pass the physical and PT test) or Combat Control, either.

I'd bet there is a 100% chance she earned it, and a 0% chance they lowered the standards.

Last of the draftees in '72, lottery #38, no student deferments and drafted right out of college. I went to SF, started with 118 at Camp Mackall and graduated 18. I was a radio operator (morse code then) and went to OCS later on. Served on military freefall committee and instructor at Mackall running students thru and our final phase and Robin Sage exercise. We could bring a class in on the 12 miler in 2 hrs and 10 minutes normally. Students carried 45 lbs and instructors 60+ lbs. We always offered to trade rucks with any student. We normally only had one per class make that mistake. Getting thru the course is 90% mental (you have to want it more than anything in order to survice) and of course you have to be physically fit but most people "have a lot of quit in them" when it really gets tough and painful day after day. We used to have a "Quitters tent" with a stove, warm beds and real food, while we slept in snow and rain and ate C rats. Do not think that will mess with the head seeing and smelling that. I could normally pick out of a class the guys going to make it and the ones that would quit within 48 hours.

Spent time on teams as enlisted and Team Leader and instructor numerous times and deputy for doctrine and training division at SWC. That is how I know how Sontag butchered the Q course. I was around at the end of the Katie Wilder episode and it was hot topic what really went on. I knew all the guys who started Delta and have a son in law there now and one in MARSOC.

She will never serve deployed real world on a team is my bet.

Now just to antagonize the Rangers, I gained 17 lbs in ranger school and it was piece of cake compared to SF training then. It was a winter class, we had to eat 3 meals a day in garrison and all high carb. Mountain phase longest patrol is only 4 days, but snow and sleet. I completed the land nav course once never leaving the bleachers except to turn in my card. They had beaten paths to the land nav points and by the time I went thru OCS, Inf basic I and memorized the point numbers and locations as I had ran it so many times . Instructors went crazy when I did that. Our class in Jan 77 lost 2 dead in Florida due to hypothermia and 28 in the hospital. That was the second time that happened. Happened 3rd time in 94 and Congress finally had to pass a law to tell the Ranger Committee how to run the swamps in winter without killing people. Rangers are hard but slooowww to learn not to be stupid. smile

Last edited by BountyHunter; 07/12/20.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by 10at6
One thing women do better than men with equal training is shooting.

How many women compete on the military and LEO shooting teams, competitions and how many win those competitions?

A bunch and several National champs.. this is not gal comp stuff. I think Michelle Gallager holds the NMC record at Perry for XTC .. best agg score in near 100 years of comp.AMU shooter.
LEO comp makes me laugh
But then again I get to compete with them

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And was not talking of training Fat mall cops. I was speaking of National level shooters.
And position shooters not bench rest BS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Lets see a career Army Infantry E-7(renegade) vs a mostly Guard/Reserve Air Force O-whatever(DW). Gee, I wonder who has the more accurate, realistic, combat boots on the ground view on this topic? LMAO

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 160user, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.