Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
What were the Chinese going for when they engineered it?Bb

Most reasonable explanation I have heard is from the man who discovered the AIDS virus. He claims it’s a gain of function virus the Chinese were using working on an AIDS vaccine. The Chinese spliced a section of the AIDS virus to a corona virus.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ringworm
My younger (28) year old sister had it ( West Palm Beach) a month ago. She beat it in a week and a half. Mild fluish symptoms.
My older (53) year old sister (Myrtle Beach) caught it from her boyfriend (56).
He ran 3 weeks, 102 temp, no Rx. She's coming out of it 3 days with sub 100 temp.
There is a direct correlation between people frequently going to bars and restaurants it seems.
At Myrtle the servers who are sick are still going to work. They are at the bottom of the socioeconomic scale and have been broken by the shutdown. So they are fighting for wages and not able to be out of work.
The shutdown has really impacted the tourist areas. Lots of coastal restaurants lost for good.

My niece and several of her friends / co-workers have it. They are in their 20s and work in the service industry on the coast here. None have been hospitalized. Mostly mild flu-like symptoms. They can't return to work until they have a negative test.

Restaurants are shutting down for 2 days at a time for "deep cleaning". It started spreading some after Memorial Day, and has ramped up pretty good since the 4th.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll be happy to add to the campfire prayer.

Dear Lord Jesus, please heal our friend's friend, please grant Your healing Powers, and guide the medical staff.
In Your Name we Pray.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Praying for your wife's friend.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Covid-19, Here in S. Texas is rampant, we are way out in the middle of no where, but we have had 8 ranch hands test positive, 3 with bad flu, other 5 with mild flu, we are testing our entire staff every week, we have no choice, you just can't shut a working ranch down. Rio7

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Going on a ventilator is the last thing I'd do. I'd take this if it was caught late. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=964&v=eDSDdwN2Xcg&feature=emb_logo

If caught early I'd stay with Hydroxychloroquine and the Z-pac

What's actually working in the ICU where I work is dexamethasone and remdesivir. It works very well. We are using it as early as we can, but there's a limited supply.
Early, I'd take high dose Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, and N-acetylcysteine, preferably before symptoms.
jag sent me that shopping list back in April.

One those items gave me the runs. Fierce-like. shocked

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
No one said that there was no virus, but opinions vary on whether this a political or public health crisis. It always sucks though, when it’s you or yours that gets sick. Sucks to die of cancer, car wreck or obesity too.

Sam......

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
My wife woke me up early this morning to tell me her friend passed away. Really sad time for her husband and her 4 children.

Another friend of mine, his wife, and one of his daughters are fighting it now too down in Arizona. He's in his forties and healthy but said its really rough and worse than anything he's ever had.

I know this is being hyped up for political reasons but its making me more nervous today. My wife had 4 patients with it last week in Idaho Falls. Thats more than all the other weeks together so far.

I had relaxed the last few weeks and been out and about running errands and going to stores but I'm thinking about going back into isolation. I wish my wife wasn't working health care right now. Other than her job it would be pretty easy for us to stay away from people.

Bb

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll add my prayer.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My wife woke me up early this morning to tell me her friend passed away. Really sad time for her husband and her 4 children.

Another friend of mine, his wife, and one of his daughters are fighting it now too down in Arizona. He's in his forties and healthy but said its really rough and worse than anything he's ever had.

I know this is being hyped up for political reasons but its making me more nervous today. My wife had 4 patients with it last week in Idaho Falls. Thats more than all the other weeks together so far.

I had relaxed the last few weeks and been out and about running errands and going to stores but I'm thinking about going back into isolation. I wish my wife wasn't working health care right now. Other than her job it would be pretty easy for us to stay away from people.

Bb

That's rough Burleyboy. Sorry to hear that.

LOL
IC B3

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Going on a ventilator is the last thing I'd do. I'd take this if it was caught late. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=964&v=eDSDdwN2Xcg&feature=emb_logo

What's actually working in the ICU where I work is dexamethasone and remdesivir. It works very well. We are using it as early as we can, but there's a limited supply.
Early, I'd take high dose Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, and N-acetylcysteine, preferably before symptoms.
jag sent me that shopping list back in April.

One those items gave me the runs. Fierce-like. shocked

Nah, prolly that chow mein down at the China Buffet....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Bb

Sorry to hear.
If the RONA is what I had at the very end of December I agree with your friend in Arizona.
I got over it in about 1 month, wife[smokes] took 2 full months and was diagnosed with walking pneumonia, no one had heard of it in December/January though.
I can tell that I have somewhat diminished lung capacity since.
[b][/b]

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Everyone should have a notice signed giving another family member control as an alternate care giver, who may be able to search for a dr who would treat early with Hydroxychloroquine, zithromax and zinc sulfate and possibly pulmicort.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
my wife's friend since high school is a 44 year old mother of 4. She was in good health but caught the CCP virus and is now in the ICU on a vent and struggling for her life. Really worried for her and her family.

Bb

That sucks. Prayer sent.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll be happy to add to the campfire prayer.

Dear Lord Jesus, please heal our friend's friend, please grant Your healing Powers, and guide the medical staff.
In Your Name we Pray.

Amen!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Ok. Some get it and are in a coma for months. Others don't even know they have it.

Does anyone know why there are such different effects?

Everyone's immune system is different, different strengths and weaknesses. Depends how the virus attacks you, your overall health, what's your body have a tendency to get (colds, sniffles, allergies etc. )

Basically impossible to guess, if I could I would say if both my wife and I get it, she's screwed. Whenever we both get the same thing, she gets it longer, harder and wipes her out more than me.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Not surprised. Stupid is as stupid does.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Lots of variation in what people consider good health too. Lots of people don't see being 40-50 lbs overweight to be a big deal, and for some things it may not be, but in this case it appears to make a significant difference.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Went to my doctor today. Great fella... but he was busting my azz for not wearing a mask... and taking care of my mom etc.

Anyway I was chatting "what if" about the fenofibrate study and cholesterol lowering drugs that remove the fatty cells from around your lung vessels reducing the purchase ability of a virus such as SARS or Corona.

He knew of this study and thought it was not a bad idea at all... we also talked about a variety of other things.

However, with great enthusiasm he recommended red Marine algae 500mg tablets. I asked him for basic details.

Long story short a large fishing Village somewhere in Japan had zero outbreaks of SARS a few years back. The medical folks found it to be so extremely odd that no one in this Village attracted the SARS virus. Did a bunch of tests and a bunch of research and found out that this red Marine algae was a phenomenal cholesterol-lowering drug... and with lower cholesterol and fatty tissue around your lungs a virus has much less potential to seat itself and multiply.

Bottom line, he is a medical doctor what about 40 employees in the practice. He has access to any drug he could possibly want and recommended that I go on Amazon and spend $28 on red Marine algae 500 mg tablets. His recommendation was highly enthusiastic. That is all I know.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Went to my doctor today. Great fella... but he was busting my azz for not wearing a mask... and taking care of my mom etc.

Anyway I was chatting "what if" about the fenofibrate study and cholesterol lowering drugs that remove the fatty cells from around your lung vessels reducing the purchase ability of a virus such as SARS or Corona.

He knew of this study and thought it was not a bad idea at all... we also talked about a variety of other things.

However, with great enthusiasm he recommended red Marine algae 500mg tablets. I asked him for basic details.

Long story short a large fishing Village somewhere in Japan had zero outbreaks of SARS a few years back. The medical folks found it to be so extremely odd that no one in this Village attracted the SARS virus. Did a bunch of tests and a bunch of research and found out that this red Marine algae was a phenomenal cholesterol-lowering drug... and with lower cholesterol and fatty tissue around your lungs a virus has much less potential to seat itself and multiply.

Bottom line, he is a medical doctor what about 40 employees in the practice. He has access to any drug he could possibly want and recommended that I go on Amazon and spend $28 on red Marine algae 500 mg tablets. His recommendation was highly enthusiastic. That is all I know.

Don't know and don't care if you agree, but my cholesterol is high as a kite anyway and I'm not much on statins so I ordered a couple of bottles just fughing because.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 59 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.