Print Thread
Hop To
#15044173 07/12/20
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Anybody else got one? I’ve been very impressed with mine.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Had one for a few years. Was a pound rescue I suspect was abused. We tried training the dog but it didn't go too well. Good looking dog though.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Any Cur breed is a good dog. If they weren't they wouldn't have been around so long. My best dog was an Original Mountain Cur. She had more sense than most people.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have what is supposed to be a Mtn Cur Plott cross.
He’s all black, hunt drive is off the chart.
Loves to fish, best dog I’ve ever had.
Smart great eyesight.
Would love to breed him to another good dog.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a couple of leopard curs both kind of chocolate colored with glass eyes. Both were good dogs for deer hunting when I used to do that. Neither would bark unless they could see the deer. The first one I owned back in the 1970s. He was unbelievably fast and the problem was how fast the deer was moving when he came by. He would take down a wounded deer. The second one showed up as a hungry pup in the 1980s after I became a game warden. I didn't hunt with him but used him to find illegally killed deer where they were stashed around camps or to help hunters track down a wounded deer. He wouldn't bark or bay until he was looking at the deer. As a fairly young dog maybe 4 or 5 years old he took to wasting away and died. Probably cancer. When I was in Tok Alaska in 2016 I talked to a gold prospector that had 2 Catahoulas with him. He said he got them in California. They are kind of wary in personality and if they are biters they tend to sneakily come up from behind and grab a person. Never known one to seriously injure anyone unless he had a pretty good dose of pit mixed in.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We have one that the whole family loves. That said....they are not a dog for everyone. Ours can swim and retrieve like a Lab or Golden, which makes for a really fun companion dog. She is darn smart, has a great nose, and is heck on varmints. She doesn’t like to be petted or messed with. She just like to play or be given a job to do. Our is on the smaller side at about 40 lbs, but she can really haul azz!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I haven’t read this thread at all. But, my outfitter buddy I B.C. runs em for bear, lynx, and cougar , with great success. Badass dog if ya got the time to spend with em... my B.C. mtn caribou hunt we had a catahoula by our side daily, super cool pooch. RIP bozo

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Judman
I haven’t read this thread at all. But, my outfitter buddy I B.C. runs em for bear, lynx, and cougar , with great success. Badass dog if ya got the time to spend with em... my B.C. mtn caribou hunt we had a catahoula by our side daily, super cool pooch. RIP bozo
My last one was named Bozo. Good dog

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got two. Both aholes. One has bitten several people, so we have to be pretty careful with him. The other has the cracked glass eyes and you can never tell where she is looking. Both were rescue pups that we got several years apart. I give them a good home, but I won't miss them when they're gone.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,430
Posts18,470,780
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.