Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Anyone who demonstrates any ethics must be be a step away from becoming a violent schitthead who thinks destroying property is a solution.

One day you will understand that all of life is a mirror into which you continually look.
First of all, I think the word you meant to use was "integrity", not ethics. Second, you're wrong. It would have been integrity if he did what he did and there wasn't another auto parts store around to go to. Third, he lacked integrity because he ordered special parts and left them there. I also wonder if he had to put a deposit on the special order?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Why are the one's wearing a mask complaining about those who don't wear a mask? My thinking is the mask wearers know that a mask won't protect them and are only wearing a mask to ruin the country and hurt Trump's chances of getting reelected. There's a bunch of mask wearing commies in the US. Who passed and signed the law requiring that everyone has to wear a mask? Shouldn't be long till someONE decides to outlaw guns because making people wear masks worked so well.

Life is good live it while you can.
CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All I can say having studied this type of thing in college is Ya'll go ahead and get this [bleep]. As for me and my family we will wear a mask in confined public spaces and if most folks ain't wearing them the we will leave. Whether you think they will help or not, at least they will do no harm. You may also save an older man/women's life by doing it. But go ahead and and be bullheaded and subscribed to this vast worldwide conspiracy. Good lord almighty folks need to have some kind of science training in this country.Oh and math too.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Excellent

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CWT
All I can say having studied this type of thing in college is Ya'll go ahead and get this [bleep]. As for me and my family we will wear a mask in confined public spaces and if most folks ain't wearing them the we will leave. Whether you think they will help or not, at least they will do no harm. You may also save an older man/women's life by doing it. But go ahead and and be bullheaded and subscribed to this vast worldwide conspiracy. Good lord almighty folks need to have some kind of science training in this country.Oh and math too.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Had to go to town this morning for a few things. One reason was to go to O'Reilly's Auto Parts to buy oil and filter for my truck, and pick up brake rotors and pads that I had ordered. I called this morning and they were at the store. Walked in and the employee asked if I had a mask. I told him 'No', so he informed me they had instructions from the manager, to ask anyone without a mask to leave. I told him I'd go, no problem, but I'll never dark the doors of an O'Reilly's again. Also told him to tell the manager that I wont be needing the brake rotors and pads that they had ordered for me.

He said, "Let me talk to the manager about your order". I guess the manager was in the back somewhere.

I told him, "Dont worry about it, they sell rotors and brakes at other parts houses. You got your rules and I'm gonna go by them. Have a good day."

Hadn't been out of the store 10 minutes, when the manager called me. Wanted to know if I wanted the rotors and brake pads. I told him that I needed rotors and pads, but I was not getting them from O'Reilly's, to have a good day, and I hung up.

Call me what you like!

Karen?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Why are the one's wearing a mask complaining about those who don't wear a mask?

The same reason they complain about diesel trucks and plastic straws.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some equate pragmatism[reality] w/ ethics. I wear a mask when necessary, I also carry concealed where it is prohibited. I don't remember getting to vote to have to have gun restrictions. Life goes on and everyone gets to decide what they get excited about and where their moral boundaries lie. Dissing merchants and clerks harshes my mellow.

Debating the ethics of mask wearing is worthy of our timegrin

YMMV

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Did you ever stop to think that ALL auto parts stores in town require that you wear a mask?

Ummmmm no you don't have to. Period!

That depends on where you live and what store you're trying to go into.

Believe me... I know.

LOL

I don't doubt you Flave but all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It's too bad the mask thing got so politicised. There is rational discussion to be had on the subject in terms of the science and it's not clear cut as to whether they are terribly effective or not. The consensus in the limited literature on the topic is that they provide significant protection, but the confidence in this conclusion is not strong (don't get your knickers in a knot, this is how science and statistics work - the science basically says masks probably work but there's no guarantee). The evidence for physical distancing and hand hygiene is stronger, but even with these, there's no guarantee. Where I live (Vancouver Island) we've almost eradicated coronavirus and life is pretty normal. We did that with the initial shutdown of most businesses and having people self-isolate at home. The self-isolation was not an order from public health, but a guideline and pretty much everybody followed it. Now we've got it under control and even team sports are starting up and the only real restriction is no gatherings of more than 50 people. No stores here are requiring masks although probably 10-20% of the population chooses to wear one.

If the [bleep] hit the fan and the infection numbers here went very high, I suppose I'd wear a mask in places that distancing wasn't happening somewhat grudgingly. Of course, I've been wearing a mask off and on for the last few days doing insulation and drywall work and it hasn't killed me. Better than having that white drywall snot at least.

No idea why people get so uptight about this.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Does anyone have a drivers license. insurance, pay taxes and/ or SS, fill out a 4473 or not drive while impaired. I know that the people working in the stores hate wearing masks as much as I but aren't we happy they chose to come to work?

I'll bet a lot of you unmasked outlaws accepted the govt. supplied stipend. If you really are POed go deface a monument or throw a brick through the window of a business that was forced to require masks. A patriot has to make a stand over something. LMAO

#realmenaremaskless

mike r

Fugg yea I spent my $1200 bucks. GFY

CWT Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really thought deflave was just a jokester all of these years but it has become obvious he is not very intelligent.

Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store; not a government agency.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I don't doubt you Flave but all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

Trust me on this one.

LOL

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deflave

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Charlie Murphy-Prince basketball and Charlie Murphy-Ricky James is some of the funniest [bleep] on the internet.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

Where have you successfully used this defense?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Some equate pragmatism[reality] w/ ethics. I wear a mask when necessary, I also carry concealed where it is prohibited. I don't remember getting to vote to have to have gun restrictions. Life goes on and everyone gets to decide what they get excited about and where their moral boundaries lie. Dissing merchants and clerks harshes my mellow.

Debating the ethics of mask wearing is worthy of our timegrin

YMMV

mike r

I should have clarified that I wasn't speaking about masks exclusively but The Bologna Virus in general.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stickfight
all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

I haven't wore a mask in well over a month in a couple of states so EVERYWHERE I've gone. Try it, it's not that hard.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CWT
I really thought deflave was just a jokester all of these years but it has become obvious he is not very intelligent.

Congrats on making it through college. You're the last of a very elite group.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Stickfight

I haven't wore a mask in well over a month in a couple of states so EVERYWHERE I've gone. Try it, it's not that hard.

I don't doubt that but rest assured, it doesn't work everywhere.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MikeReilly
It's too bad the mask thing got so politicised. There is rational discussion to be had on the subject in terms of the science and it's not clear cut as to whether they are terribly effective or not.

Wrong.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,325
Posts18,487,499
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.