Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Bought a new one today, it’s got knobs, an agitator, fills up with water for wash and rinse and it doesn’t take an hour and a half to party wash clothes.
Ronnie

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Bought a Speed Queen washer and dryer last month myself.
Good products made in USA.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I bought a new one 7 months ago... The repair guy is coming tomorrow to fix it... Grrrrrrrr.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
We are cleaning out my parents house. (My father passed in February and my mother is also dying).

The refrigerator in the house was purchased new around 1975. It is that horrible Harvest Gold color, but it's running perfect. I will save it for the garage. It most likely will outlive me.

A modern refrigerator? Maybe five years.

Best of luck with your purchase.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

bought new Speed Queen pair just over a year or so ago...

Touch panel electronic stuff/gas dryer..7 yr warranty

works fine

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
We are cleaning out my parents house. (My father passed in February and my mother is also dying).

The refrigerator in the house was purchased new around 1975. It is that horrible Harvest Gold color, but it's running perfect. I will save it for the garage. It most likely will outlive me.

A modern refrigerator? Maybe five years.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Lots of times, an appliance that has run for years will take great umbrage at being moved and soon crap out.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
laugh We hauled home to Iowa a Fridgaire my grandparents took to Ontario on Halloween day in 1949.
It's sitting in our garage, it'd likely run just fine, but the cord is rotted.

These old copper coiled units weigh a ton.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
New appliances suck, 6-monthnor less warranty says it all.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Grandma had a gas refrigerator in the basement. The house was sold 25 years ago but I bet it is still there.

The touch panels are a pita. They seem to keep reducing sheet metal thickness until they get a failure then quit at that size. The front loaders get water in the bearings and that kills them. I redid one. Took all day getting bearings out of glass embedded plastic. Repairmen won't touch them and a new drum costs more than a new washer.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I bought American made Speed Queen last time I replaced them.7 year warranty hope it lasts longer than that.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
another speed queen owner, two years so far so good, does an exceptional job washing and drying. Got away from fancy and went back to basics I love those machines!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the trailer park model of washing machine at Lowe's (Roper top loader) works just fine, and fills with water and agitates clothes the old fashioned way. Just have Lowe's deliver it on a day when your neighbors are all at work or playing golf.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by auk1124
Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but the trailer park model of washing machine at Lowe's (Roper top loader) works just fine, and fills with water and agitates clothes the old fashioned way. Just have Lowe's deliver it on a day when your neighbors are all at work or playing golf.

That's funny, couple years ago we were getting some Appliance I don't remember... maybe a dishwasher... and the sales lady at Lowe's or Home Depot told us that the brands had consolidated...

Frigidaire and GE were now the same company or whatever the story was. Sales lady said look at this Roper and see how it is exactly the same model as this other brand that cost twice as much. Same unit different branding and maybe a different handle or whatever it was. The guts were identical.

I sure wish Yeti made appliances...

Not

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my last top-load simple whirlpool washer lasted 15 years, with only a couple minor fixes. until its gearbox busted and the part cost more than a used replacement washer. . bought a whilrpool front-load set and the dryer went TU a few years back. replaced it with a similar used dryer. the replacement electronic bits were too costly to replace.

i just resolved never to buy new clothes washers and dryers. too many electronics, too expensive to repair.

as for frigerators, cheap & simple "apartment" grade units with the freezer on top are the most reliable and space-efficient. a 18cuft top freezer/bottom fridge unit has as much internal space as a 22cuft side by side. wanna p!ss money away? those sibzero units are good for that.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,718
Posts18,494,638
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.