Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
If you happen to be unarmed and a group of thugs is attempting to steal your lunch money is it okay to lie to them and tell them you have no lunch money?

Let's see where this one goes...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
If you happen to be unarmed and a group of thugs is attempting to steal your lunch money is it okay to lie to them and tell them you have no lunch money?

Let's see where this one goes...

is this kinda like the guy that lies about a medical condition to get out of wearing a mask........and also doesn't believe in a stores right to set their own rules?......bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

maybe like the guy that special orders parts......but stiffs the store ....not because he is dishonest ......but is a patriot proving a point?

I personally think he couldn't afford the parts.......like the boloney guy.......bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal - you're finished! We're finished! All of us!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Carry a money clip, make it look bigger than it is. When held up, throw it a far as you can, run the other way, yelling bloody murder.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BobMt

maybe like the guy that special orders parts......but stiffs the store ....not because he is dishonest ......but is a patriot proving a point?

I personally think he couldn't afford the parts.......like the boloney guy.......bob

It taco Tuesday... lets sauce this one up a bit.

Guy orders auto parts from O...

During their delivery... the CEO at O decides each customer will now pay a $10 "Rebuild Minneapolis" surcharge...

Does his obligation to pick up the parts still remain?

---------

Not defending or attacking anyone here.

When do the rules change?

Did Rosa Parks start all this Civil Disobedience... or were the rules flawed and unconstitutional from the get go.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Are you talking about backing out on a deal, or being held up?

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Are you talking about backing out on a deal, or being held up?

Either... When is OK to Lie?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

During their delivery... the CEO at O decides each customer will now pay a $10 "Rebuild Minneapolis" surcharge...

---------

Did Rosa Parks start all this Civil Disobedience... or were the rules flawed and unconstitutional from the get go.

One is a lie...possibly justifiable under the circumstances. The second question involves a contract of some sorts which you are under no obligation to follow since the terms of the contract were changed after the fact. The joker in the deck is whether you signed off on some ambiguous language before ordering, allowing the CEO to do that. The second question is debatable morally since the mantra for so long has been, "just don't buy it if you can't follow their rules". The problem with that is SO many people following rules that nobody who doesn't want to can do any business. Most folks now just disregard the fine print.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C

---------

My bad... please change the "Rebuild Minneapolis" surcharge as having been imposed by The Government and YOUR Elected officials... not the CEO of O.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Carry a money clip, make it look bigger than it is. When held up, throw it a far as you can, run the other way, yelling bloody murder.

Dat how we dooze it in da corn feel son.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Listen to this, and decide.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If you make a deal it’s a deal. If somebody changes the rules it’s no longer a deal. A thief trying to take your money has already changed the rules and so none apply. Anything you want to do to him is fair. A handshake to seal a deal is as technical as good men have to be. Ed k

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ERK
If you make a deal it’s a deal. If somebody changes the rules it’s no longer a deal. A thief trying to take your money has already changed the rules and so none apply. Anything you want to do to him is fair. A handshake to seal a deal is as technical as good men have to be. Ed k

Excellent... what it the deal is changed on you by force of law?

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
If all they want is my lunch money, they can have it. I’ll eat again.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I reach in my pocket offering him my wallet, but change the deal to a Glock 26 and up to 11 rounds of 124 GR +P HPs... or as many as are necessary for his consent to the “new deal.”

No honor among thieves, so none offered by me either...

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ERK

Excellent... what it the deal is changed on you by force of law?

For example... you legally acquired a slingshot and slingshot rocks.

Government Snort... bans slingshots and rocks.

Force of law is imposed on you.

...a group of thugs is attempting to seize your slingshot... is it okay to lie to them and tell them you have no slingshot?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal - you're finished! We're finished! All of us!

Telling the truth went out the school door with, you guessed it, the Truth.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you live north of Kentucky, isn't lying hard-wired into your DNA?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A good friend does not lie, but if I ask what he is doing on the phone, he'll say nothing. He simply does not think it's my business. If he says he will be somewhere, or pay an amount he will.

So, he may be telling a small lie that hurts no one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 204guy, 69 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,813
Posts18,477,617
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.