-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe he needed to identify you as part of a criminal investigation and they don't want you to know that they're on to you.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

"Its one thing to tell a material lie to make up a charge, its all togther another to make up some trivial BS for a harmless mistake."

I agree with you on a good many issues and we don't see eye-to-eye on others. I'm going to have to disagree with you here. To me a lie is a lie, period, full stop. I won't tell a "little white lie" to save face.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sounds like some stange dream............

The dream police, they live inside of my head.
The dream police, they come to me in my bed.
The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me, oh no.

You know that talk is cheap, and those rumors aint nice.
And when I fall asleep I dont think Ill survive the night, the night

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
280Rem; Yeah, if you're a liar. And Isaac; one who complains about cops or anyone else getting caught in a lie is a whiner, not the person who recognizes it for what it is...a lie.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
No BB...Just the one's who get pulled over by an officer and immediately go into whining rants about the cop being a liar and a puzzy. Who caught who in a lie and who says they were lying...You and Foxbat? Powerful evidence for sure!! You make up sch!t as you breeze along. Because someone said the cop was lying suffices for you? You could sit on one of my juries anytime, man!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Maybe he needed to identify you as part of a criminal investigation and they don't want you to know that they're on to you.

Did you miss my post? I'm not kidding.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Isaac; Like I said, from the information given in the original post, it sounds to me like the cop lied.

Besides, I just read your age in another thread, and you're younger than me; so you can't know as much as I do.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 06/25/07.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac
No BB...Just the one's who get pulled over by an officer and immediately go into whining rants about the cop being a liar and a puzzy. Who caught who in a lie and who says they were lying...You and Foxbat? Powerful evidence for sure!! You make up sch!t as you breeze along. Because someone said the cop was lying suffices for you? You could sit on one of my juries anytime, man!!

I do seriously hope you aren't insinuating that I am lying.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Too late.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Re-read what you just posted my friend and assess the fairness of that comment.After that, assess the fairness of you buying into it and continuing to argue under the premise the cop was, in fact, a liar. Then, think for just a moment that maybe, just maybe, the connection to the trailer lights were a bit shaky and the wiring/lights didn't constantly stay properly connected.

The cop didn't even venture a request to search the car or the boat, did they? Did you even consider the safety aspect of the stop assuming the connection was bad. That, maybe again, the cop prevented a 6pm news story about an 18 wheeler smashing into the back of the boat.

Of course not, because it already has SOUNDED TO ME like the cop's lied!!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just because he immerses himself in scum and dishonorable people as part of his job doesn't give him license to assume that all of us view our word as negotiable.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
=================================================================

Are you really seriously hoping it or are you asking me if that is what I am insinuating.

William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
'Bout damned time this got to it's second page....

isaac, you have a message.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Been reading but not commenting.

All I ask of a bad stop is to say, hey we were looking for a vehicle like yours, its not this one, sorry have a great day and thanks for compliance...

I was stopped once for speeding in my grandmothers car. Wife was behind me on the way to the hospital to drop it off. No rush, just a normal visit. Both vehicles set on cruise. Both same speed as we followed each other. Both 3mph over the limit. I'm being passed on my right and state trooper flip flops and pulls me over and starts the speeding lecture when I said I wasn't speeding. Got some more lip from him. And then he let me go, warning me again to slow down- of course I said slow down to what speed?? And he graciously walked off. I then called to dispatch to tell them his gun was off. I wasn't so mad as I was pissed that he made a mistake and would not admit it. We were both rolling 63 and he walks up and says I'm doing 83. Nope, sorry. You made a mistake, be honest like I am.

But of course the end result was the same as yours, no harm no foul, no ticket. ( and no common courtesy).

Jeff

Last edited by rost495; 06/25/07. Reason: typed wrong passing side above, wanted to point out I was in the fast lane and being passed by someone in the slow lane... Heck when he flip flopped I never even touched cruise with him behind me and lights on for a long time till I finally realized it wa

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The cop let them go w/o DOING anything to assure that the lights would not quit working again; turning them loose at night on the freeway to again be in danger of being run over by an 18-wheeler? I think not, my friend.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sean...I'm on page 8 with my machine. You and Teal owe me some dough. After being on the Remington site today, I think you and Teal owe me 978.45$.

Thank-you.

William Arthur Ward

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by isaac

Are you really seriously hoping it or are you asking me if that is what I am insinuating.

I was giving you an opportunity to retract, clarify or explain your misstatement.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Sean...I'm on page 8 with my machine. You and Teal owe me some dough. After being on the Remington site today, I think you and Teal owe me 978.45$.

Thank-you.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Foxbat
So what's probable cause for a single car on the road doing the speed limit in the right lane and not weaving during daylight?

Or is a newer sports car probably cause in and to itself?

I wish attorneys went after bad cops as aggressively as bad Doctors but alas there is more money in the latter. wink

Nope, The State Trooper was probably just bored and wanted to talk with someone and you were just the lucky party.... Been there, done that as I've been the lucky party a few times. It gets real boring at times even for the cop and you were just the recipient of his attention.

It's generally been my experience that it all depends on your attitude when you first make contact with that officer as to whether you walk or have a more serious relationship with that officer.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Besides, I just read your age in another thread, and you're younger than me; so you can't know as much as I do.

Like the cop BB, I was lying my ass off!!

William Arthur Ward

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338Rules, 7 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,945
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.