Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It'd be a great yuppie awd family vehicle or a mall crawler with the ecoboost and one of those annoying loud exhaust they run on the four bangers. I know some farmers who tried more than one ecoboost, the turbos typically went tits up about 150,000 miles. Most yuppies will sell a bronco before 20,000 miles so the booster should be fine. As for me, I like the Bronco but with a V8 and maybe some cherry bombs!

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GeoW
Actually I see a 68 Bronco hiding under all the plastic! especially on the two door model.

[Linked Image from cdn.hiconsumption.com]

g

I wouldn’t mind having that parked in my driveway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The one nice thing about the EB engines is that there are a bazillion of them in service, so the aftermarket parts supply is lively.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I could like the 2 door model real easy. Neat looking little rig.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by TheKid
If we’re including the LS and 5.7Hemi in the old iron V8 category then yes I agree that at least in the case of the GM they’re pretty simple and long lived. I was assuming by old iron you were referring to 60’s and 70’s V8s where 100k may as well have been 1,000,000

Metallurgy and lubrication have both come a long way in the last 50 years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the 2 door even more than the 4 door version

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure I'd go for a new one, but I could go for this one...

[Linked Image from images.hgmsites.net]

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Morewood
I like it, but for a lot less than 50 grand I can buy a completely rebuilt, restored, and updated classic Bronco.

and turn it over turning around on a steep mountain.

I ran a Ford dealership body shop in the late 60's. I had the parts department stock front fenders, doors and roofs. Those things turned too sharp and flipped over real easy. They were great otherwise, IMO.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DaveR

Don't like the new ones and am not a Ford guy but I love the old ones. My best friend in high school had a red one with a while roof (actually still does but I don't think it's the same one), that was our cruising/four wheeling machine. A whole lot of good times in that thing.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I think its a good effort and if they make a half cab Ill probably get more interested in them. I own a '73 Bronco with a 302 and automatic transmission and love it.

I don't believe, in contrast to what has been stated, that there is anywhere in America where you or anyone else can buy a completely rebuilt restored and updated classic Bronco for "a lot less than 50 grand."

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

There's one like that around town, possibly a brighter shade of blue.

215-75-15" street tires and the original chrome hubcaps. The little old lady who drives it must be coming up on 80 by now.

My cousin had a 76 back in the day. 302 and a 4 speed, lime green w/ white top and a 12,000 lb Warn on the front bumper. Pretty distinctive. He sold it in about 84, then I saw it for years pulling a horse trailer at the county fair each fall. The guy who owned it later married a lady I work with and now lives two doors down the street.

He sold it a few years ago and bought something bigger to pull a bigger horse trailer. But I still see it around town a couple times a year.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I think its a good effort and if they make a half cab Ill probably get more interested in them. I own a '73 Bronco with a 302 and automatic transmission and love it.

I don't believe, in contrast to what has been stated, that there is anywhere in America where you or anyone else can buy a completely rebuilt restored and updated classic Bronco for "a lot less than 50 grand."

At least $50k I'd think for a decent restoration. Not sure but the one in my photo is likely pushing $200k. Insane amount of work that goes into these Icon builds.

Could only dream of having the funds to actually buy one AND use it. Wouldn't want a garage queen.

Love what he does with the Icon FJ Landcruisers as well, both the restorations and the Icon branded vehicles.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N

Had a chance to buy a Toyota just like that as well when I was younger but didn't......it's painful having to look at some of the opportunities I've missed over the years!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Had a chance to buy a Toyota just like that as well when I was younger but didn't......it's painful having to look at some of the opportunities I've missed over the years!

I can relate to that. Only Toyo I ever wanted.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the old ones were nice but a death trap with the roll overs, just like the bronco II's and cj5's. i would consider a new one if they had something other than the EB. a nice normally aspirated 5.0 would fit that nicely.

My diploma is a DD214
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A metro-sexual right there.
Man bun✅
270✅

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
the old ones were nice but a death trap with the roll overs, just like the bronco II's and cj5's. i would consider a new one if they had something other than the EB. a nice normally aspirated 5.0 would fit that nicely.

Oh I think we have gone overboard on safety conscious...
Like Wabigoons Osha cowboy.

Friend mine flipped a scout II, no top, no roll bar.
Walked away with a few scrapes.
Course they had to lift it up so he could get out from under it. But lap only belts were appropriate for that situation.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Agree with those who have noted the resemblance to the Scout. Personally, I have fond memories of the two I had. For their time, they were durable as all get out, although none could remotely be described as luxurious. The late '70's models ('80 was the last year they were made) were actually quite nice, again for their time. Always cost a bit more, but lasted longer than anything else on the road. Today's vehicles are far superior, as they should be for what they cost. I'd probably still be driving one if they had continued to be made.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BKinSD

I forgot about that. I was going to post the same thing and got off track. These things have gotten insanely expensive. That’s why I think if they can build the new ones to last they’re going to have a real winner on their hands. I like them much better than the Jeep/Fiat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put my $100 down the first night for a 2dr Black Diamond trim with the 7sp manual. Planning on velocity blue and painting the top, grill, and steel wheels white. I'll remove the back seat for more cargo room. My only real complaint is that trim level comes with General Grabbers. I can see putting Generals on a work truck level vehicle, but not a $40K SUV.

For me, it's a fun vehicle that will probably get less than 10K miles a year on it.

I haven't had a Ford in 30 years and wouldn't have considered buying one until the Bronco came out. Can't think of a better fun vehicle for me and my dog to explore in.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,431
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.