Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OK, my gym has been closed for a while and I really miss working out. I have weights at home so I have that covered. I need a good aerobic machine. I am very familiar with elliptical machines at the gym and used them often. Thinking of getting something for the house and screw waiting for the gym to open.

Been to the Peloton web page and it said there is a significant wait on delivery. Looked at the basics model.

Did any of you buy a machine recently? What did you get? Delivery time? Recommendations?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
A friend is a very avid cyclist and his wife wanted to get a Peloton system for the house since they have a young kid and she needs to keep an eye on him. My friend hated the idea (he also hates e-bikes and any other variation of actual cycling).

A month later, he's now using the Peloton too, especially when he has no time to go out for an actual ride as he's working.

If this guy was converted, I fear the Peloton is actually worthwhile. He likes the interactive nature of the riding.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C2 rower. If you don’t like it you can sell it for only a small loss, unlike other fitness equipment that depreciates 50% the moment it is delivered.

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a Kurt Kinetic use the bike you already have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm a big C2 rower fan as is my wife. Gets used almost every day.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a hill down the road.
Medium intensity: walk up 'n down
High intensity: run up'n down
Low intensity: walk to the hill 'n back
Repeat as neccesary

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My partner just bought one. Took 4 weeks, I think. Says it's OK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Based on what I see on TV, I bet half the price pays for marketing.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I like fan or air bikes, and really want a Rogue Echo.

It sounds like you’re looking for a full body workout, have you considered a Concept II rower?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you're a masochist, get a VersaClimber.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy
I like fan or air bikes, and really want a Rogue Echo.

It sounds like you’re looking for a full body workout, have you considered a Concept II rower?

The old Schwinn airdyne bikes are getting a couple hundred bucks around here. I recall them sitting around rotting away in the gym when new fangled electronic type bikes came alomng.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Tread mill for me. Set a steep incline and walk or jog. It’ll get you sweating. Been on one several days a week for over 20 years.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Echelon bikes are on par with Peloton and cost significantly less. I got the wife one a while back, it’s pretty sweet. We have several IPads around the house so we opted not to pay for the monitor. But the app is really good and the live training is about as good as it gets. She really likes it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Do not go Peloton. What a waste. I had one for my family and it went unused...also unused by me, an avid cyclist.

Get yourself a real road bike, then buy a CycleOps H3 or a Tacx Neo or Flux. Connect to Zwift, or Rouvy, or TrainerPro, or any one of a number of online services. Then you will have a setup with more capability than Peloton, much more fun, actually useable outside, and for less money.

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Price of Peloton has to come down, originally they were revolutionary, now others have it as well, so price has to come down. Plus the recent push back on their marketing (which was BS).

The concept is GREAT, but you need to be the type of workout person who can't do it on your own. Like me. I can't motivate myself to workout, I need the class, peer pressure aspect. Peloton and others now, get you that live in class aspect.

I have a couple friends who have them, range from absolutely love it and use it many times a week, to an expensive rack to put clothes on to dry. They are bucks to buy and come with a monthly fee for the classes.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for all the replies. I really miss going to my gym, but may figure out an alternative until it opens again. I may nix the exercise machine idea. My man Jack LaLanne never used a machine.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Thanks for all the replies. I really miss going to my gym, but may figure out an alternative until it opens again. I may nix the exercise machine idea. My man Jack LaLanne never used a machine.

Behold the POWER of the jumpsuit!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
OK, my gym has been closed for a while and I really miss working out. I have weights at home so I have that covered. I need a good aerobic machine.

You don't necessarily need one. You can buy some nice guns for what one of those bikes cost.

I've gotten a little into calisthenics this year. I wish I would have "discovered" it when I was younger.....you gotta be so careful you don't throw a rod somewhere when you are 55 and out of shape. I do 20 reps body weight squats, max pushups and 10 rep Australian pull ups in a circuit for 5 rounds. Then I try to do about 30 regular pullups which takes awhile because I am still weak. I'm up to about 5 for a max so I do two or three, walk/rest, repeat until I get to about 30.

I'm breathing pretty hard doing this so that is aerobic, and hopefully rebuilding some strength as well. You can also do circuits with your weights.

A bonus to all of this is you don't have to endure the shame of looking like a chick on an exercise bike! laugh Only kidding! laugh

I got no room to talk, having let myself go for about 7 years!

Last edited by RJY66; 07/17/20.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How about a real bike with a trainer for when the weather is nasty?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I met some hot chicks through that peloton live streamin deal. One of em got a restraining order on me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (257 mag, 37L1, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.