Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
Had a cop put me on the ground because my answer didn't make him happy.

I was attending UW-Oshkosh. I exited a liquor store and started the walk back to my apartment to enjoy my 2 bottles of Jagermeister.

Officer rolls up:

5-oh: "What's in the bag?"
Me: "Groceries"
5-oh "What kind?"
Me: (knowing he had seen me come out of the liquor store) "Dinner"
5-oh puts me on the turf - opens the bag and searches for my ID - determines I am 21 and lets me up.

Me: "So what other rights other than the 4th ammendment are we going to violate now?" (crowd had gathered - I felt cocky)
5-oh "I didn't violate anything!"
Me: "Bullschit - you had no reason to suspect I was underage as you watched me purchase it from that liquor store, they must have checked my ID - even if you did had you simply asked me to produce ID before using excessive force to get my ID - you would have gotten your answer. All of this seems very unreasonable - from the stop to the way you handled it officer (last name here)"
5-oh "Nope - have a nice day"

Wrong of the cop to do so they way he did? IMO yes. Make a big deal - nope - embarrass the hell out of him in front of about 20 people - yep.

UW-O has a history of overbearing police activity - one that is WELL known by the student body but I let it slide.

All those witnesses, and you didn't file a complaint? You KNOW the cop was wrong...what did YOU do?

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope - I didn't. Wasn't worth my time. Like I said the campus police had a history of being over zealous. All I would be is branded a troublemaker.

I was 21 - barely interested in school at the time and it didn't seem like it would make a difference.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I believe in karma - I can only hope he is a crossing guard somewhere.

A while later there was a shooting in Oshkosh and the local police went door to door searching for guns without a search warrant. We talked about it here IIRC. That's the mentality - besides I was more worried about losing the booze - not nearly as savvy to what I should have done with the situation either.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As far as the catch and release thing goes, and cops fishing, Once I was pulled over in Ft Collins CO by a female leo for speeding. I never saw a sign but I was going exactly the same speed as a bunch of other cars around me. So I figured it must be the speed limit? I was off about ten miles an hour--we all were--but she caught me. She was very nice, and even told me a joke when I asked her why she picked me out of the crowd. She said "You look like you might be a fisherman". (Whatever that means?) "Yeah", I said, "I like to fish". She said, "Well, did you ever go fishing and catch all the fish?" We both laughed at that. I paid my ticket. I don't mind those kind of cops or those kind of stops.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
...what did YOU do?

I had the audacity to walk off campus (crossed a 2 lane street), purchase 2 bottles of Jaggie (for my mini fridge in the living room of my apartment), and walk back onto campus with a brown paper bag.

Me

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This would be a good place to discuss phychopathic liars as there are some people who will say anything without regard to there effects. My brother is one of those people that no matter the outcome will just tell another lie and has no regrets about telling them. When you have him nailed down he just says he didn't say that. I just don't ever talk to him as I know if it is more then a five minute conversation he is going to lie.

There is no place like home. Western Oklahoma.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Well, it ain't a Tazing, but pretty good anyway. The "You MUST comply" attitude of some of the fellers in blue is a large part of the we vs they stuff, these days. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, filed a complaint with that many witnesses, but the PITA to do it was prolly not worth making yourself a target to him and his buds... There's hope for this thread yet. You'll soon be called a liar, that oughta get things rolling again!

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn it's been 9 years and now you got me all pizzed off about it.

frown

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Call me a liar all they want but I already done 1 polygraph - another don't scare me none......

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BTW that mini fridge was all of 11 feet from the one in the kitchen - difference was I could sit in the recliner and never get up to make a drink. Always had 2 bottles of Jagermeister with a 12 pack of Coke or DrPepper in there.

Me

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Zabba search his ass & introduce yourself again... Prick is probably chief of police now. shocked

Last edited by oulufinn; 06/25/07. Reason: OOPS! i before e

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by isaac
No, I can afford better counsel than someone who makes baseless assumptions and insults individuals, in a presumably civil discussion, he doesn't even know.
================================================================

Please do share with me where I insulted you prior to you elevating the rhetoric!

Come on, Isaac. You implied I was either lying, or my word questionable, then you were evasive when I gave you an out.

He was pointing out your word is no better or worse than what the cop said, other than you claim it here to be the truth.

The cop is not involved in this discussion. If you tell me something while we are having a beer at a hunting lodge, I will take your word for it, unless there is reason to doubt the veracity of the story or you are a known liar. To imply that someone's word is questionable without reason is rude. A website such as this is not unlike talking in person, civility and tact should still apply.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I try to sleep, they're wide awake, they wont leave me alone.
They don't get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.
They spy on me, I try to hide, they wont let me alone.
They persecute me, they're the judge and jury all in one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNN page 4..........

Me

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
How many posts can POSSIBLY fit on one page!?!?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We make page six and I'm starting "cocaine blues" J. Cash.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
are you guys still talking about this? grin

I've gotten a couple speeding tix in my time but got pulled over once (doing nothing wrong) and was glad to be let go after a few questions. See my avatar -- that was a NM hunt on White Sands the spring after 9-11. It was hot so I had a large cooler in the back of the pickup and one of those indoor/outdoor thermometers attached to the tailgae side of the box. To a cop, it would look just lika a bomb grin. Pulled me over, "what's that?"
"a cooler..." "got any guns in the vehicle?" "yes, several" "why?" "Oryx hunt on the missile rang" "that's cool, always wanted to do that. drive safe" end of story. Given the political climate at the time, he coulda may my life hell for a while.... he never did look in the cooler........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I go 50 a page....

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by isaac
No, I can afford better counsel than someone who makes baseless assumptions and insults individuals, in a presumably civil discussion, he doesn't even know.
================================================================

Please do share with me where I insulted you prior to you elevating the rhetoric!

Come on, Isaac. You implied I was either lying, or my word questionable, then you were evasive when I gave you an out.

He was pointing out your word is no better or worse than what the cop said, other than you claim it here to be the truth.

Which, I believe, is the premise of this thread; We are commenting on what remrug77 told us. My original post is based on what evidence we were presented with; not speculation on the part of someone who wasn't there.

Last edited by Bulletbutt; 06/25/07. Reason: wrong name..ooops

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can keep this thing stirred up. Just watch.

Miranda is a Supreme Court sanctioned jobs program for unemployeed lawyers!

What is probable cause? A car dealership plate seen on the road after 11:00 p.m.

A pickup pulling a boat leaving a lake after dark.

Long hairs anytime and anywhere.

Any vehicle moving at 2:05 a.m.

Being black in a white neighborhood.

Red necks in old pickups anytime or anywhere.

A paper sack in a college kids hands coming out of a convenience store.

One in 10 drivers is under suspension. Traffic stops 1 through 9 is just a numbers game looking for number 10.

All LEO's like looking dumb in front of your wife and kids by making bogus stops.

Is this a good start? Did I leave anything out? I hate to see this thing end after only 6 or 7 pages. smile kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 7 of 19 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 63 invisible), 2,328 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,494
Posts18,509,091
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.