Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Any chance you get them to do one with a 7 twist and a decent length mag box? Fast 223's are getting more traction every year; it's a shame they can't grasp that and collect some money. And Barrett's is right around the corner [although they may not get the OAL thing right from the early hints].

GB1

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I've always had a hankering for one in 17 Remington. No idea why, I just want one. I've also said if I ever did another 6x45 it would be in a Kimber Montana. A switch barrel wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Like this one?

[Linked Image]

It was a 204 originally.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've always had a hankering for one in 17 Remington. No idea why, I just want one. I've also said if I ever did another 6x45 it would be in a Kimber Montana. A switch barrel wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

Pass the 105's...........................(grin)

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I recognize that rifle! It’s been good for you. I think I shot one groundhog with it before it shipped your way. You’ve drawn lots more blood with it since then and are on the second or third barrel...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Whoopsie! I was talking about the HM2 Rugers, but zigged when I should've zagged. My bad.

They’ll be here before long. I’m afraid I should have doubled the order.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 16bore

Man.....I’d love a 6x45 Montana. Except you can’t buy that ammo at Wally World, which is one of my check boxes anymore.

6.5 Grendel Montana would do it for me.....or 6.8 SPC.

Or even better.....a RAR Ranch Model in 6.8 SPC for that low low Whitaker’s deal.

Wink wink.....hint 😉

My Ruger exclusive this year is a 17HM2. It’ll be on the same platform as the 8334 - the blued American Rimfire Predator. Those are getting really close to delivery. We toyed with stainless, but couldn’t make happen.

I will own one of those. I hope you get plenty in. When you announced that you were going to get Ruger to do that run for you, I seeded the message in other forums and it generated a good bit of interest. Ammo is plentiful now too. I am excited!

I know you did Paul. Not a day goes by that somebody from Rimfire Central doesn’t call. You guys have nothing to worry about. They’ll be announced on here first and word will spread. They won’t last long so don’t delay. I’d be stocking up on ammo if I were you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I recognize that rifle! It’s been good for you. I think I shot one groundhog with it before it shipped your way. You’ve drawn lots more blood with it since then and are on the second or third barrel...

That receiver has done some schit.....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Thanks Darrik and Eric for the heads up on this run and the quick ship to Michigan!

Nice doing business with you again!

Cope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are squarely THE best,in da' bidness and by a vast margin..............

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a RAR Predator and a Montana in .223. The Montana absolutely blows the RAR away. I topped mine with a SWFA 3-9 and have learned a lot about mid range shooting with it.

The two minor complaints I have are the twist and the mag length on the Montana. Both can be fixed with money, work and time. I'm working around these limitations just fine. My only concessions are shooting 75 BTHPs instead of the Amax and seating those a little deeper.

I shoot my 223 Montana more than any other ceterfire bolt action. I've killed deer, hogs, and coyote with it. I just can't believe it didn't sell enough and is being dropped.

Shortactionsmoker is doing the world a service with this order. If you ever wanted one, grab it now!

TANSTAAFL
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Crowkiller
I have a RAR Predator and a Montana in .223. The Montana absolutely blows the RAR away. I topped mine with a SWFA 3-9 and have learned a lot about mid range shooting with it.

The two minor complaints I have are the twist and the mag length on the Montana. Both can be fixed with money, work and time. I'm working around these limitations just fine. My only concessions are shooting 75 BTHPs instead of the Amax and seating those a little deeper.

I shoot my 223 Montana more than any other ceterfire bolt action. I've killed deer, hogs, and coyote with it. I just can't believe it didn't sell enough and is being dropped.

Shortactionsmoker is doing the world a service with this order. If you ever wanted one, grab it now!

yep!

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Anyone purchase one of these? How did they come out? I am wondering if the green stocked Kimber Montana 223 or otherwise were of better build quality than previous years with the gray stock.

I am going to be posting a want to buy add - I am thinking of a little custom work on a 223 Montana as a gift for dad smile

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by BurninDupont; 07/17/20. Reason: spelling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 3 of them (salted away for the kids). Haven’t noticed a difference. Easily MOA and very fun guns.

Yup.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

A threaded model sold in the Classifieds two days ago.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
dang, must have missed it. Oh well, I'll keep searching and hopefully track one down. Thank you

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have one of the last and it shoots very well after the standard Montana tuneup. BUT the action is very rough unless the bolt is held straight and pulled carefully back. I thought it might clean up with use but it has not. I polished the bolt and rails with some 600 grit paper and oil and no improvement. If you lift the bolt hard and start it back with upper force the bolt will lock up until you push it down some. Called "customer service", told my story and asked about the procedure to return it for a checkup. The first question I was asked was what ammunition I was using. I told them it had all been my reloads. I was then told that factory policy was that they would not service a gun that had used reloads. We discussed the issue for awhile and I ended the conversation and said I would wait awhile and call back with the correct answer to the ammo question. Have not called back and am not sure I will. This was my third Montana, most likely my last.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by baldguy
I have one of the last and it shoots very well after the standard Montana tuneup. BUT the action is very rough unless the bolt is held straight and pulled carefully back. I thought it might clean up with use but it has not. I polished the bolt and rails with some 600 grit paper and oil and no improvement. If you lift the bolt hard and start it back with upper force the bolt will lock up until you push it down some. Called "customer service", told my story and asked about the procedure to return it for a checkup. The first question I was asked was what ammunition I was using. I told them it had all been my reloads. I was then told that factory policy was that they would not service a gun that had used reloads. We discussed the issue for awhile and I ended the conversation and said I would wait awhile and call back with the correct answer to the ammo question. Have not called back and am not sure I will. This was my third Montana, most likely my last.

Good grief.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BurninDupont
Anyone purchase one of these? How did they come out? I am wondering if the green stocked Kimber Montana 223 or otherwise were of better build quality than previous years with the gray stock.

I am going to be posting a want to buy add - I am thinking of a little custom work on a 223 Montana as a gift for dad smile

Thanks everyone!

Fit and finish looks as good as any other Montana I have. I wish it had the grey stock, but oh well. I have no need of a muzzle break and suppressors are illegal in Canada, so I am not a fan of the threaded barrel with the knurled cover.

How does it shoot? No idea and never will. There is an unwritten rule that you never shoot the donor. The rifle is waiting to have a barrel in .17 Remington installed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,184
Posts18,484,764
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.