Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
President Trump said he may send more Federal Law Enforcement to NY, Chicago, Baltimore, Philly, etc.

What do ya think? Good Idea or a Bad Idea?

I personally think he should make very, very public offers to the Mayors and the Governors of these Blue Hell Holes, but only send in the help if they request it. If they want their liberal citizens to suffer at the hands of the "Mob", so be it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
American Citizens deserve to be kept safe. If the locals refuse to do the job, then...............

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Let it burn. They fouled their nest, let them clean it up... or die trying.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
American Citizens deserve to be kept safe. If the locals refuse to do the job, then...............

This^^^ plain and simple

Whatever politicizing horseshît slant mayors like Lori Lightfoot can spin out of it, it (the influx of real enforcement) will still justify the fact America needs law and order to prevail. We are devolving (de evolving) every day as is.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think federal law enforcement only has valid jurisdiction on federal land. But that's a philosophical, not a legal, opinion. Sheriffs are charged with the responsibility of maintaining law and order in their counties according to the standards of the inhabitants of that county. Sheriffs have the power to deputize citizens at will to this end. That's a legal opinion. Sending feds in is an egregious overstepping of lawful authority. That's a personal opinion.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’ve pondered that too, just how far, hypothetically can federal agents defending a courthouse go to repel an attack. Arm length distance, the property line, Molotov cocktail throwing distance?

What I think doesn’t matter but I would like to see them hard and make pain.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’ve pondered that too, just how far, hypothetically can federal agents defending a courthouse go to repel an attack. Arm length distance, the property line, Molotov cocktail throwing distance?

What I think doesn’t matter but I would like to see them hard and make pain.

I would not be averse to a bit of "overstepping" in this case, if their hearts are in the right place.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well, if these idiots complaining new anything, they would know one of the President's jobs is keeping citizens safe, even if it is from domestic enemies.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I think federal law enforcement only has valid jurisdiction on federal land. But that's a philosophical, not a legal, opinion. Sheriffs are charged with the responsibility of maintaining law and order in their counties according to the standards of the inhabitants of that county. Sheriffs have the power to deputize citizens at will to this end. That's a legal opinion. Sending feds in is an egregious overstepping of lawful authority. That's a personal opinion.

I agree.....I do think trump should have come down hard on ...so called protesters that where destroying fed property and right away....bob

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by BobMt

I agree.....I do think trump should have come down hard on ...so called protesters that where destroying fed property and right away....bob

Exactly. Trump SHOULD HAVE ALREADY come down hard. I don't know why he has waited. I don't know why he didn't take a harder stance from the beginning, and let people know that regardless of race, anyone attacking federal property would have their asses beat, then they'd be serving time for the maximum allowable time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobMt

Exactly. Trump SHOULD HAVE ALREADY come down hard. I don't know why he has waited. I don't know why he didn't take a harder stance from the beginning, and let people know that regardless of race, anyone attacking federal property would have their asses beat, then they'd be serving time for the maximum allowable time.
Because there are a lot of bad connotations to a Federalized police force, some of which you have already mentioned. The locals had to be allowed to fail. I don't like this, but at the same time, I'm ready to see Trump's people bust some f uc king commie heads.

"Keewontay, he went out to get some free shixt at de protest de other night and the Trump peoples grab him up and we never seen him since,".

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The federal govt does not need the approval of state or city authorities to enforce federal law. They don't need to notify them or get clearance from them. So if they go to enforce federal law, have at it.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
EE is right. The locals had to have their chance to succeed or fail. They did almost nothing, so step in and be the "Law and Order" President. Do it legal and get it done. These are the domestic enemies that all military members took an oath to defend against. I'm not sure what oath the marshal service and other federal officers take but I am sure it is similar in some aspects.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the lack of vigorous response to the rioters is one of trump's great failures. we have several infantry divisions holding their d*cks while our cities burn and are destroyed by insurrectionists. the rioters are not brave. when they have been confronted, resisted, and arrested, they have stopped.

i give the dallas city govt a hard time, but they have hired several good police chiefs in a row. the latest is a diversity pick (black & female) who got it done. "if you break the law, you will be arrested," she said. they broke the law, and dpd arrested their dumb azzes. no riots after that.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC
The federal govt does not need the approval of state or city authorities to enforce federal law. They don't need to notify them or get clearance from them. So if they go to enforce federal law, have at it.

Have enough boots on the ground to get the job done. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
So if the Feds arrest them do they still end up in a city court?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
There are two Federal in buildings in NYC 2 blocks north of city hall on Broadway (290 Broadway and 26 Federal Plaza) with 26 Federal Plaza being the second largest Federal building (the Pentagon being the largest) and several Federal Court Houses nearby. Hell yeah send in the Feds to protect them!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Because there are a lot of bad connotations to a Federalized police force, some of which you have already mentioned. The locals had to be allowed to fail. I don't like this, but at the same time, I'm ready to see Trump's people bust some f uc king commie heads.

Good point. Makes sense.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

"Keewontay, he went out to get some free shixt at de protest de other night and the Trump peoples grab him up and we never seen him since,".

We can certainly hope. I'd actually fist pump and start cheering if this happened.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have to agree. There are millions of good conservative people in those cities who deserve protection. Otherwise, I'd say let them burn.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 222ND, 2500HD, 2003and2013, 257 mag, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,788
Posts18,477,275
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.