Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
When you focus testing on the sick, you skew the fatality rate for everyone in the state
BY DR. DEANE WALDMAN, ALBUQUERQUE RESIDENT

Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham is destroying our state in the name of bad medicine and non-science, despite her claims to the contrary. She is restoring lockdown and economically crushing the poorest state in the union. Her insanity is further demonstrated by her mask edict: She orders us to wear face masks when we are out exercising, running or bicycling — my preference.

What does a mask do when I am out on my bike? It protects neither me nor anyone else, as no one is within six feet, or more likely six miles, of me. What the mask does accomplish is force me to breathe in my own carbon dioxide and take away what little moisture I might get from the air I inhale.

I went to get a COVID-19 test but was turned away as they are only testing those who might be sick with COVID. Thus, the number of “cases” reported are a highly select population for likely ill persons. How many people in our state have or more likely had COVID-19 infection, never got sick and now have immunity?

Here is some real medical science instead of false narrative coming from the Roundhouse. Reported “cases” to date, not testing the general population, are 16,971, which is 0.8% of the state population. There have been 571 deaths suggesting a case fatality rate of 3.3% (571÷16,971). This is a gross over-estimate.

Based on studies in California, epidemiologists estimate there are 50-85 asymptomatic, untested COVID cases, now immune, for every one reported “case.” At the minimum, this would suggest that 848,550 New Mexicans had or have COVID; most are not ill at all, and have developed or are developing herd immunity. If merely this minimum number of infected person is correct, the case fatality rate for COVID-19 in New Mexico is 0.06%, not 3.7% as reported by the governor. For contrast, the case fatality rate for seasonal flu is approximately 0.2%, greater than COVID-19, a virus that is really dangerous only to those with pre-existing conditions.

Meanwhile the Journal fires up our fears by publishing (July 9 in “Media owes it to public to humanize COVID-19”) such exhortations as: “has not cast a bright enough light on the human toll;” “must recapture people’s attention about the dangers of the virus;” and journalists should “show infected people suffering.”

What about showing the millions who are infected and are not even sick?

Our governor has thrown out the Bill of Rights and crushed our economy, driving people to despair and suicide, all because she can, or thinks she can. She has taken Rahm Emmanuel’s advice to its extreme conclusion, “never let a crisis go to waste” if you want to increase your power.

New Mexico has an exceedingly low rate of illness and death for COVID-19. What we should do immediately is offer strict quarantine to those at high risk — elderly, like me, and/or with pre-existing conditions — completely release the rest of the population and offer mass testing to everyone so we have accurate numbers of who actually has or had COVID-19.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Everything we’ve been told should be looked at with extreme suspicion.
The fact that they’ve been caught lying shows us that we can’t trust their information at all!

All this information is agenda driven, and the agenda IMO, is to remove Trump and destroy the economy of the United States of America

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
He hits the nail right on the head about the situation here. Unfortunately I don't believe our left-wing gov is going to see the light anytime soon. And even more unfortunate, she appears to have the state supreme court in her pocket, so whenever there's a decision by a judge in the state that is contrary to what she dictates, she runs right to the SC and gets it overturned.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Interestingly enough, Arizona is having to send covid patients to New Mexico because they don't have the resources to take care of them

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Interestingly enough, Arizona is having to send covid patients to New Mexico because they don't have the resources to take care of them

Do you have any details on this?

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim1611

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronav...id-19-patients-being-sent-to-new-mexico/

and:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/12/ucsf-doctors-fought-covid-19-in-navajo-nation.html

I wonder if the Navajo Nation might be the source of patients going to New Mexico.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She is an evil witch hungry for power.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
and take away what little moisture I might get from the air I inhale.

think he is a real doctor?

there is more moisture in his mask than in the air in New Mexico, that's a thermodynamic fact.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
statewide Arizona is at 85% of ICU beds occupied, many more case in PHX area than Navajo, but expect a lot of the Navajo cases are closer to NM.

probably a plane ride from PHX, not an Ambulance

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Jim1611

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronav...id-19-patients-being-sent-to-new-mexico/

and:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/12/ucsf-doctors-fought-covid-19-in-navajo-nation.html

I wonder if the Navajo Nation might be the source of patients going to New Mexico.

I would guess that they're the majority. We should have a big pity party for the Navajo, you know, because the educated, empowered, corrupt leaders of the richest and most powerful tribe in the U.S. have taken such good care of their of their nation and their people that we the taxpayers have to fund basic infrastructure projects on the res

Lots of elderly folks in AZ too. Lots.

Maricopa County has a population of 4.5 million people, with more cramming in every day. Never saw the attraction myself, and I was born there.

The skewed numbers here in NM are no different than the skewed numbers everywhere. Don't believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

I applaud Dr.Waldman for calling BS. Wouldn't surprise me if he hung himself in the near future . . .

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks for your sacrifice, Ben. Reading the ABQ newspaper is up there on the courage scale with fending off bayonet attacks and catching Molotov cocktails.

Unfortunately, we usually will see two or three adjacent letters of opinion contrary to this gentleman's viewpoint, showing that he is a crackpot, deplorable, lunatic, right wing, nut case, tin-foil-hat-wearing Luddite who eats babies for breakfast.

Facts about masks have gotten more partisan now that we have a crisis to nurture. Back when I wore them everyday it was to protect the patient from infection. How times have changed.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The hardships this far are worth it if it crushes the Democrat party forever.

Bob

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sycamore
and take away what little moisture I might get from the air I inhale.

think he is a real doctor?

there is more moisture in his mask than in the air in New Mexico, that's a thermodynamic fact.

Black Koks matter to this dufus called sycamore

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Border Doc

Thanks for your sacrifice, Ben. Reading the ABQ newspaper is up there on the courage scale with fending off bayonet attacks and catching Molotov cocktails.

Unfortunately, we usually will see two or three adjacent letters of opinion contrary to this gentleman's viewpoint, showing that he is a crackpot, deplorable, lunatic, right wing, nut case, tin-foil-hat-wearing Luddite who eats babies for breakfast.

Facts about masks have gotten more partisan now that we have a crisis to nurture. Back when I wore them everyday it was to protect the patient from infection. How times have changed.

Isn't that the whole point of wearing one now? Its not to protect ourselves but rather the people we come in contact with.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Bacteria are MUCH larger than viruses.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
The hardships this far are worth it if it crushes the Democrat party forever. Bob
We can hope for that but the plan is to crush Trump and gain control of the senate.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTM45
Bacteria are MUCH larger than viruses.

Heck yeah! and both are larger than CO2 molecules, but the Dr. is not sure his CO2 is getting out of his mask.

Pulmonologist? I doubt it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Ben - I think - and hope it does some good. I was up in the Gila watching elk and some wolves a short while back and then bumped into a few local folk while motating. They are disgusted and angry with the Dem politicians. A poor state becoming more poor - a weak educational setup becoming worse - NM seems to be spiraling down the drain.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You are lucky you don't have our gay governor and his First Husband BoyToy as we are worse here in Colorado than NM is .

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,164
Posts18,503,048
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.