Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Jim. When we got back home from the hospital late this afternoon, I was having a hard time. I was trying to be strong for her, but I nearly broke down and she had to console me - telling me she had it easy compared to so many - this from a 10 year old girl! I felt so bad for her and told her that I was so sorry she had to go through all this. She's my baby girl. She's tough and she's a trooper.

Now that I'm alone again, it's tough. She'll pull through.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you to everyone. Other than my daughter, I don't have any family at all here in El Paso. It really is helpful to have all you feller's support, thoughts and prayers. Thank you again.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Prayers for that young lady, from
'The Warden" and me.
Give her a squeeze from us, and take care of the both of you!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jerry, Glad you got it under control. I sure hope she doesn't need blood thinners.

I don't believe half the doctors know what the hell they're talking about in this town. They all want to be a big fish in a small pond and the majority wouldn't amount to a hill of beans in a real city/hospital.

- Del Gue
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like there is a chance it could be SVT (Supraventricular Tachycardia).

Not immediately dangerous, treatable, and nothing to fear, but should be treated. My wife suffers from this, and has bouts a couple of times a year.

At home treatements include a number of things you can do to shock the vagas nerve, which usually correct the rhythm.

Diving reflex (dunk head in cold water), hold knees up to chest, laying on your back with legs up on a wall, etc. (you can google "vagal maneuvers").

For my wife, one or more of these tricks plus a small dose of a safe beta blocker (like metoprolol tartrate) usually knock it out in 30 minutes or less.

But prayers and well wishes either way!

Last edited by duck911; 07/23/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Hang in there, nooner, kids are tough. Hope you get it resolved, without too much Covid drama.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Duck. I'll ask.

Thanks erikj.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/23/20.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you Mark & will do.

- Del Gue
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
Good luck to your daughter. I have a couple and nothing is more dear to me than they are. Ed k

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
You need a cardiologist. Probably a pediatric cardiologist.

Yeah you're probably right.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by duck911
Sounds like there is a chance it could be SVT (Supraventricular Tachycardia).

Not immediately dangerous, treatable, and nothing to fear, but should be treated. My wife suffers from this, and has bouts a couple of times a year.

At home treatements include a number of things you can do to shock the vagas nerve, which usually correct the rhythm.

Diving reflex (dunk head in cold water), hold knees up to chest, laying on your back with legs up on a wall, etc. (you can google "vagal maneuvers").

For my wife, one or more of these tricks plus a small dose of a safe beta blocker (like metoprolol tartrate) usually knock it out in 30 minutes or less.

But prayers and well wishes either way!

My kid has that, plus some other stuff. Cardiologist next week

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
ERK: Thank you.

Just got an update. The ER doc does not think this has anything to do with her heart. He thinks it's some sort of infection - maybe viral.

I've mentioned here on the 'fire several times that there is a nasty stomach virus and other assorted diseases that circulate around EP several times a year. I know it's brought over the border from Mexico. My daughter has been afflicted by these diseased messikans that go to her school as many as 4-5 times some years. The parents of these Mexican kids - that live in Mexico and attend our schools - have absolutely no regard for anyone else and send their kids to school when they are sick. In the parking lot at her school I see scores of vehicles with Mexican plates. She had this terrible stomach bug again about a month ago - picked up from some kid at her swimming lessons my ex insisted on - over my strenuous objections. The virus is probably still in her little body wrecking havoc with her system. This does not surprise me at all. I need to get her the heck out of this stinking town, but it will never happen - her Mom won't allow it.

At least they have an idea of might be causing the issue now. Hopefully they can treat it successfully. But I'm worried about antibiotic resistance.

- Del Gue
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sounds like progress.

Hopefully anyway!

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m sorry to hear this. As a father you want to do everything you can to protect your children but these things are beyond our control. I will be keeping your daughter and you in my prayers. I wish I was closer and could help you but please know that you aren’t alone.

I’d say that based upon the strength and intelligence your daughter has shown thus far that she’ll be just fine. She’s miles ahead of people much more senior than herself.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by High_Noon
ERK: Thank you.

Just got an update. The ER doc does not think this has anything to do with her heart. He thinks it's some sort of infection - maybe viral.

I've mentioned here on the 'fire several times that there is a nasty stomach virus and other assorted diseases that circulate around EP several times a year. I know it's brought over the border from Mexico. My daughter has been afflicted by these diseased messikans that go to her school as many as 4-5 times some years. The parents of these Mexican kids - that live in Mexico and attend our schools - have absolutely no regard for anyone else and send their kids to school when they are sick. In the parking lot at her school I see scores of vehicles with Mexican plates. She had this terrible stomach bug again about a month ago - picked up from some kid at her swimming lessons my ex insisted on - over my strenuous objections. The virus is probably still in her little body wrecking havoc with her system. This does not surprise me at all. I need to get her the heck out of this stinking town, but it will never happen - her Mom won't allow it.

At least they have an idea of might be causing the issue now. Hopefully they can treat it successfully. But I'm worried about antibiotic resistance.

Looks like they may be narrowing it down. That’s good!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wishing for a speedy recover for your girl.

And some peace of mind for you.

Hang in there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
In 1979 my daughter was 7 years old, and finally got the heart surgery her mother had been refusing to allow for a couple of years after our divorce. (She was influenced by a cult of faith-healers) Her problem was an "atrial-septal defect"- - - -a hole about the size of a nickel between the upper chambers of her heart. Seeing a helpless little girl with her chest opened up halfway to her waist is something no parent should have to experience! She's 48 now, and her two boys are living proof of how well the doctors at Stanford University hospital did their jobs! The lady who stepped up and raised two badly abused children- - - -physically and emotionally- - - -deserves a lot of the credit for how my kids turned out- - - - -looks like I got it right the second time around!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
do you have a pulse-oximeter at the house? they are dirt cheap these days (electronics)

help you keep an eye on things and fast. just slip it on her finger

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We will keep praying from Colorado!

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Indeed she is. Thank you Aces.

Certainly, to a certain extent, this is beyond my control, but if I could just move her away from the border, I could greatly mitigate the chances of her contracting these illnesses in the first place. Unfortunately, my ex always ignores my advice, my concerns and my ideas about almost everything. It's only when something bad happens and proves my point that she begins to see the light. It happens time and again. Latest example is the infernal swimming lessons she insisted on. Only today, when she was insisting on taking her to her swim lesson tomorrow could I convince her. My daughter does not need to be in 110° heat, stressing her body, and possibly being exposed to other diseases and illnesses. I was adamant that the lessons were over and she finally agreed. It's maddening. The ex does absolutely whatever she wants regarding my daughter. Sure, sometimes she discusses it with me, but if she already has her mind made up and/or I object, she does it anyway. Unbelievable. This never would have happened if she listened to me in the first place. I'm sure many here have to deal with the same BS.

- Del Gue
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

437 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,184
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.