Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Trucks all loaded and ready to head out at 5:30 tomorrow morning. Two weeks flyfishing at my club/camp on the storied waters of the Catskills and some time with my daughter, then on to Rendezvous. See you guys on the 21st

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
GB1

G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I can't wait.

The .300 EG/F Frankenrifle I'm putting together for Brace is nearing completion- stock is being varnished as we speak. (1948 EG with custom F wood) Looking sweet. Pics of the finished product soon. Claro walnut makes for a pretty Savage stock!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I can't wait.

The .300 EG/F Frankenrifle I'm putting together for Brace is nearing completion- stock is being varnished as we speak. (1948 EG with custom F wood) Looking sweet. Pics of the finished product soon. Claro walnut makes for a pretty Savage stock!

Damn good of you to build that rifle for that boy Gary. He's a good kid I wish I was there to see you guys give it to him.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't wait.

Claro walnut makes for a pretty Savage stock!

It makes for a pretty stock on anything! Can't wait to see the fruit of your labor!

An armed society is a polite society.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Sounds like your going all out on this Project! I cant think of a better young fellow to get this rifle! ill bet he will be killing deer with it long after we are gone!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
John, its not too late. Its only a teeny weeny weekend. Your new bride will surly understand Savage Excursion won't be the same without Saddlering. I'll even get some travel goodies that are copacetic with your dietary constraints. I already talked Joe Martin into giving you a foot massage. (Joe doesn't know that yet) Hope things are working out well for you and your new better half.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Joe even said he'll drive out and get you. But he doesn't know it yet. Do I smell a Bromance cookin'?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]
Here is the address for the Rendezvous. This will get you to the Noxen store and then follow my map to the cabin. Its only 3 miles to the cabin and 3 turns. We havent lost anyone yet. Lol. Any questions pm me.

Joe

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Would love to go, but my House is sold, and just got a storage building yesterday, so Im very busy, Wifes son is suposed to be taking her place but is trouble selling his , Might be home less soon! he says hes coming next week anyway! the lady that has the Lake house, said we might be able to rent till the loan gos thru! The dam C19 has everthing messed up as far as Loans ect. .

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by triple_deuce
[Linked Image]
Here is the address for the Rendezvous. This will get you to the Noxen store and then follow my map to the cabin. Its only 3 miles to the cabin and 3 turns. We havent lost anyone yet. Lol. Any questions pm me.

Joe

Joe, your cartography skills are very impressive.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by triple_deuce
[Linked Image]

Joe

Joe, your cartography skills are very impressive.

Lmao. But it gets everyone there. Lol

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I heard that Keith is going to parachute in. I trust that Joe's map will give the airline pilot enough info to drop him right down on us.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Joe,

Do you know a property owner in Noxen name of Duane Morgan? He is a friend of my brother Eric. We all played some golf last weekend and he mentioned Noxen as his hunting camp. Owns a few acres there he says. His dad's family hunted there for years, originally from the Scranton W-B area. Small world type of thing.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve99
Joe,

Do you know a property owner in Noxen name of Duane Morgan? He is a friend of my brother Eric. We all played some golf last weekend and he mentioned Noxen as his hunting camp. Owns a few acres there he says. His dad's family hunted there for years, originally from the Scranton W-B area. Small world type of thing.

Name doesnt ring a bell.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I won't be able to come. Too much going on.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I heard that Keith is going to parachute in. I trust that Joe's map will give the airline pilot enough info to drop him right down on us.

I do have jump wings, but the army kept my chute .... and when I called American Eagle, they told me they won't give me a discount for early departure. If all goes well, wheels down at 1630 Friday, plus a pit stop at a Class 6 store, ETA there 1800.

P.S. - Joe, to be an official, accredited cartographer, you need to add a declination diagram to your map.

Last edited by KeithNyst; 08/12/20.
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Zofia is gearing up, she can’t wait to see every one.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Great! She's the official mascot! (Note: we won't let her near any spaghetti.)

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Just looked at the weather forecast for Noxen next weekend. Not terrible, but could be better.

Now have less than a week to decide which safe dwellers will make the cut to head east. A decision I will labor over till the cheby gets put in drive oily Friday morn.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't put it in drive, put it in overdrive!

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,191 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,927
Posts18,479,845
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.