-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
IMHO major Leftist Liberal cities are going to revert back to the 1950s & 60s in the near future where the strongest gang will take over the city via blood shed. There will be a violent period followed by a city under the strict control of the gang. Pay your protection fee do your business.

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
IMHO major Leftist Liberal cities are going to revert back to the 1950s & 60s in the near future where the strongest gang will take over the city via blood shed. There will be a violent period followed by a city under the strict control of the gang. Pay your protection fee do your business.

Thats whats going on now, except the protection goons and monkeys have gone berserk and are eating the ones who pay for protection. The leftest govt has lost control of the gang.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Don't worry, the North American continents was discovered by Vikings ca. 1000AD. Statues of Columbus aren't really needed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Slavek

Don't worry, the North American continents was discovered by Vikings ca. 1000AD. Statues of Columbus aren't really needed.

The difference is that the Vikings didn't realize that they had discovered anything of much importance. To them, they were just venturing westward in search of new habitable land, essentially island hopping, as far as they understood it.

Columbus, on the other hand, transversed a huge ocean, and had more than an inkling of the implications of what he'd discovered.

"I have come to believe that this is a mighty continent which was hitherto unknown."

- Columbus's journal from his Third Voyage (1498)

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The difference is that the Vikings didn't realize that they had discovered anything of much importance. To them, they were just venturing westward in search of new habitable land, essentially island hopping, as far as they understood it.

Columbus, on the other hand, transversed a huge ocean, and had more than an inkling of the implications of what he'd discovered.

"I have come to believe that this is a mighty continent which was hitherto unknown."

- Columbus's journal from his Third Voyage (1498)

Bull chit.
They knew what they were doing and where they were. Columbus was lost and had no idea where he was.
Columbus was a fraud and promoted by Italians to make themselves feel good.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The Viking story was just played up in order to attack an American icon, i.e., Columbus. The same sort of people will proclaim that it was actually Asiatics from Siberia who discovered America rather than Columbus.

It's true that both Asiatics from Siberia and Nordics from Scandinavia came to North America before Columbus's discoveries, but none of them knew they had done anything particularly of note. Columbus figured out the magnitude of what he had discovered, so it became known throughout Europe and the rest of the world, resulting in massive resettlement here.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The Viking story was just played up in order to attack an American icon, i.e., Columbus. The same sort of people will proclaim that it was actually Asiatics from Siberia who discovered America rather than Columbus.

It's true that both Asiatics from Siberia and Nordics from Scandinavia came to North America before Columbus's discoveries, but none of them knew they had done anything particularly of note. Columbus figured out the magnitude of what he had discovered, so it became known throughout Europe and the rest of the world, resulting in massive resettlement here.

You'll believe anything wont you.
The vikings had settlements in Greenland, Iceland, New Brunswick. It was common knowledge among the norseman.
"In 1960, a site on the very northernmost tip of Newfoundland in Canada, L'Anse aux Meadows, was investigated and archaeologists were convinced that it was a Viking settlement. The world woke up to the fact that the Vikings had reached North America before any other Europeans"

That's North America not some island in the Caribbean.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
So a half dozen Italians got together and whined a bit. Some response. If all the Italians in the city went on strike, that would be a response. If all the Italian cops walked off, that would be a response. A few people walking up to a mike and going "wah wah wah"? That's not a response. The only lesser response would be to post some threatening tweets and do nothing. GD

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It wouldn’t surprise me if this Marxist lesbian mayor erects a statue of Karl Marx, her hero. Or maybe Lenin.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
The Viking settlements in Newfoundland (none have been discovered on the main land) led to nothing and were soon abandoned.

The Columbus voyages led to what is called the "Columbian exchange," a great upset in world history.

Among other things, Spain colonized Latin Amreica. France and England colonized the leftover parts (North America). Tomatos, potatos, corn, tobacco, and turkeys were introduced to Europe. European diseases killed most of the Indians and syphilis was introduced to Europe. Spain obliterated the Aztecs and Incas and stole all their gold. Europeans settled in the America and became much more signifigant nations than any in Europe.

Nothing like that followed the Viking voyages.

Incidentally, we think Columbus made a prior voyage to Iceland, to read the Icelandic sagas, beause he didn't want to hit the insignifigant islands the vikings had discovered.

Perhaps the greatest contribution of Columbus was sailng SOUTH, so the trade winds could whisk him across the ocean, and then sailing NORTH to hit the Easterlies coming back. Previous attempts at sailing due west from Soain had not succeeded.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As a person of Norwegian descent, I celebrate Leif Eriksson. Columbus ain't squat.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Until the Conservative White people get more violent than the communists, the insurgency by the Left will continue.

you are exactly right. when I was living in Italian enclave in Bklyn NY if they tried that then they would have been demolished. whites have gotten to soft and think the cops will save them

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

yea they crashed into it during a storm. Columbus NAVIGATED his way there in one of the best navigation feats in history. So Columbus was able to get back to Europe and then others using his info could get there

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Chicago Italians, the real Chicago Italians run Chicago. If they wanted that statue to stay, it would stay and anyone that attempt otherwise would end up sleeping with the fishes.

wish it were true. jewish bolsheviks run Chicongo and the governor Pritzker financed the purple lipped obama into the senate then the white house. obama was being annihilated when running for the senate against a white guy then all of a sudden he withdrew. they put another white guy against obama and he was leading by 30% then he was forced to withdraw and obama ascended to the throne unopposed. that was the power of the Pritzker family

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The Viking settlements in Newfoundland (none have been discovered on the main land) led to nothing and were soon abandoned.

The Columbus voyages led to what is called the "Columbian exchange," a great upset in world history.

Among other things, Spain colonized Latin Amreica. France and England colonized the leftover parts (North America). Tomatos, potatos, corn, tobacco, and turkeys were introduced to Europe. European diseases killed most of the Indians and syphilis was introduced to Europe. Spain obliterated the Aztecs and Incas and stole all their gold. Europeans settled in the America and became much more signifigant nations than any in Europe.

Nothing like that followed the Viking voyages.

Incidentally, we think Columbus made a prior voyage to Iceland, to read the Icelandic sagas, beause he didn't want to hit the insignifigant islands the vikings had discovered.

Perhaps the greatest contribution of Columbus was sailng SOUTH, so the trade winds could whisk him across the ocean, and then sailing NORTH to hit the Easterlies coming back. Previous attempts at sailing due west from Soain had not succeeded.

I have been saying that for years

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 07/25/20.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,464
Posts18,471,337
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.