Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://concealednation.org/2020/07...oE4aBCAPfoA18buhuNMA1XY0EsdfxwmgCrJASl-g

Brandon Curtis
Published 07/26/20
3 Comments

This weekend has been consumed by an incident out of Austin, Texas during a BLM protest, where Garrett Foster was shot and killed during a confrontation.

A press conference was held just hours ago by the Austin Police Department, answering some very important questions.

A driver, seen in the video below, was turning right onto a street where protesters were walking. He stopped, unable to move forward anymore, when Foster apparently approached the vehicle with others. Foster had his AK-47 with him and according to the driver of the vehicle, pointed it at him.

In response, the driver, a valid concealed carry permit holder, drew his gun and fired 5 shots at Foster, striking him multiple times.

The driver then sped off and at this time, another concealed carrier in the crowd fired 3 or 4 shots at the fleeing vehicle, likely believing that he pulled up and shot someone in an unprovoked manner.

Once a safe distance away, the driver called 911 to report that he had just shot someone in self-defense. He was told to pull over and would be met by police.

Police took the driver, as well as the concealed carrier in the crowd, to the homicide unit at police headquarters to be interviewed. After the interviews, both were allowed to leave the station.

You can watch the entire press conference below:

This is a developing story.
Categories: Trending, General, News
Receive the latest news right to your inbox!
Email Address
About the Author

Brandon is the founder of Concealed Nation and is an avid firearm enthusiast, with a particular interest in responsible concealed carry. His EDC is a Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP, with a Shield Sights RMSC Red Dot, that holds Hornady 165 gr FTX Critical Defense rounds, and rides

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would you think the guy shooting at the fleeing car would be charged?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
looks like he thought the car drove into the crowd and opened fire not knowing foster had pointed the AK at the drive, both had their CCL.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RemModel8

The news report I saw said neither shooter has been charged.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
looks like he thought the car drove into the crowd and opened fire not knowing foster had pointed the AK at the drive, both had their CCL.

In regards to the guy that shot at the car...

He should have been way the fug better informed before resorting to deadly force.

He needs his CCW removed immediately. And charges filed for reckless endangerment.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He probably SHOULD be charged but given the fact that our government is on the side of the commies he likely won't be.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Exactly, he DIDN'T KNOW.

If I see an undercover cop shoot someone, but I didn't see that the someone had a gun and I didn't know the undercover cop was a cop, do you think I'd be arrested for shooting the cop?

I just can't fathom SHOOTING without knowing.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Squidge

The news report I saw said neither shooter has been charged.

Yet.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think they will be, the chain of events started with Foster pointing his AK at the driver, a real dumb schidt move.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
IMO these BLM types were within their rights until they started stopping traffic. They should be charged with something for that alone, then with all the "enhancements" and such that prosecutors are so fond of, their should be weapons charges added since they were already in the commission of a crime along with more piled on because of shooting at the car. Probably attempted murder. I'm not sure I normally like all this stuff but they were in the wrong for stopping people in the first place and anybody on OUR side would get treated this way.

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

He should have been way the fug better informed before resorting to deadly force.

He needs his CCW removed immediately. And charges filed for reckless endangerment.

I certainly don’t know, but isn’t the Texas Dept of Public safety the custodians of CCW? State AG’s office might handle this? One would hope one or the other would see to this.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Exactly, he DIDN'T KNOW.

If I see an undercover cop shoot someone, but I didn't see that the someone had a gun and I didn't know the undercover cop was a cop, do you think I'd be arrested for shooting the cop?

I just can't fathom SHOOTING without knowing.
Leave the last sentence out of your post even and still any of us would be charged.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think they will be, the chain of events started with Foster pointing his AK at the driver, a real dumb schidt move.

The guy shooting at the man that simply defended his own life wasn't much smarter.

He could have, and probably should have won the grand prize too.

He's too stupid to have a CCW or a firearm.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Yes, and the guy in the car shooting the guy with the AK is 100% understandable. The guy shooting at the car driving away is not 100% understandable.

Last edited by RemModel8; 07/27/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I certainly don’t know, but isn’t the Texas Dept of Public safety the custodians of CCW? State AG’s office might handle this? One would hope one or the other would see to this.

What was the firearm he used to return fire? Was he even CCW-ing? The guy who got shot was open-carrying an AK. Was the guy who shot back also armed with a long gun? Not that I don't agree with you. I assume your CCW would get pulled either way.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

As far as I know, at least here in MT. pointing a weapon at someone is considered assault with a deadly weapon.

THAT can be met with lethal force.

A fleeing suspect, unless he(she) is obviously an immediate and deadly threat to society at large should not be taken under fire

At that point the use of force has de-escalated and if you shoot....you have re-escalated it....putting bystanders in harms way and making you wrong.

Sound about right?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

BS, he saw a man in a car shoot someone and then speed away. No charges should be filled, none

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yes, and the guy in the car shooting the guy with the AK is 100% understandable. The guy shooting at the car driving away is not 100% understandable.

Exactly. Even if the car had pulled up and opened fire as the bad guys claim they thought, it was reckless to return fire in a crowded area with possibly occupied buildings around when the speeding away car no longer was firing and didn't pose a threat.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

As far as I know, at least here in MT. pointing a weapon at someone is considered assault with a deadly weapon.

THAT can be met with lethal force.

A fleeing suspect, unless he(she) is obviously an immediate and deadly threat to society at large should not be taken under fire

At that point the use of force has de-escalated and if you shoot....you have re-escalated it....putting bystanders in harms way and making you wrong.

Sound about right?

Yup, they point they best be on the trigger, 'cause I will be.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What was the firearm he used to return fire? Was he even CCW-ing? The guy who got shot was open-carrying an AK. Was the guy who shot back also armed with a long gun? Not that I don't agree with you. I assume your CCW would get pulled either way.

The Austin Police Chief said the guy in the car has a CCW, and the guy that shot at the car had a CCW as well. He didn't say what was fired as far as a firearm, but the mention of the CCW in the press release was enough to make me think it was a handgun.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 2500HD, 54 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,438
Posts18,489,412
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.