Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Today I started on a new path with a bunch of boys. My son Chase had compleated his stint in Cub Scouts a few months ago thus I to compleated my tenure as Cub Master. How ever we are now involved in Boy Scouts I recenty became unit Commisioner for our troop and pack....it never ends. Tonight I started in the direction of being a Merit badge counsler for Environmental Sicences, an Eagle scout requirement. this is going to be fun. I have 9 boys who are trying for this badge and I believe all will make it and perhaps a few others. I hope to make it fun for the boys and guide them through one of the more difficult Eagle requirements. This will takesome time and effort of all who are involved but in the end there is the pay off. Boy Scouts are even more fun than the cubbies. any of you who want to help out a good group look into the BSA, they can certainly use you.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's great to see folks who are willing to step up and make a difference.

I have been an Environmental Science counselor for several groups over the years. The last time I let the boys camp out on my little farm and let them go through most of the requirements there. The biggest challenge that I have found with this and some of the other more involved merit badges is getting the boys to finish up the homework and reporting that goes with it. You just have to keep after some of them.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
ScoutMasterRick, I had thought of a campout at one of our local campgrounds but we have so many campouts going that I do not think there is room for one more in the schedual. At least two per month is the current load. Some of the boys will try doing their Environmental Science at summer camp. I am going to use a burned over plot that is avaliable for observation of plant diversity and erosion.
Once this is done I will tackle Citizenship. And I thought I was gonna take a break once cubbies were done....not.

Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,828
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.