-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't do a lot yesterday, had Facebook church, and finished mowing the yard where I got rained out Saturday. We have been in the strangest rain pattern I think I've ever seen. Popup showers have been forming all around, and it's been raining heavy rains where it does. We have been missing them, as they have gone north, south, east, and west of us. Did get about .4 of an inch Saturday, but I stood on my front porch and watched it rain an inch just about a 1/2 mile away. Not complaining as we are still good in the moisture department. They are calling for rain all week here.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Send some of that rain our way James!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Working from home, Gotta make Money

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Very good so far. I slept in and ordered some more gun parts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Better.

Kid got up, hobbled to back room and ate some grilled goodies (the ol lady cooking on patio).
Think they stayed down for her this time.

Less pain today but knee still jacked, she's calling her ortho guy tomorrow. See if we can't get her checked out this week,
My guess is surgery req'd due to disorder.

Hey hookeye, I haven't been following and don't know what's wrong with your knee, but I'll offer a little advice you can apply, if applicable. I had a torn miniscus repaired a few years ago, never healed right. Always sore. Got damn tender, hard to walk up and down stairs. Someone suggested diet Pepsi was making it worse. I took a lot of ibuprofin to help with pain and someone else suggested that was going to make it worse.

They were both right, for my situation. No diet drinks and no ibuprofin and I feel much better for about a year now.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's his daughters knee.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It was good, hope to sleep better tonight than last night.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

neighbor started the 2nd cut today

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We had our first 90 degree day today. House was 74 w/o AC. Worked inside on the kitchen cabinets. Made a cucumber, tomato and red onion salad early to soak in olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper for tonight's dinner of grilled local Woods jalapeno cheese sausage that it about to go on.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
EdM,
You ever done business with Woodbury Wild Game Processing in Ingram...? They’ve made dry ring for me several times over the years, and it is exceedingly good...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
EdM,
You ever done business with Woodbury Wild Game Processing in Ingram...? They’ve made dry ring for me several times over the years, and it is exceedingly good...!

No, I have not. I use a guy in Boerne, Cow Creek Game Processing, though, of late, my youngest son has been doing it in the house.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
got some stuff done, ran out of propane for the pressure cooker, I'll finish that in the morning.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Took the ol lady out for lunch. Got wet on way back into house. Pretty good cell came through ( 2nd one ).

Cooled things off nicely.

Coworker just went home sick. Think theyll test for covid tomorrow. See if I get quarantined.
Proly not. I pretty much avoid people out here LOL.
Fuggin democrats

Last edited by hookeye; 07/27/20.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Kids knee was swollen. Told her to call the doc. Dunno if she did or not. Said its clicking

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Good of you to help......but don't put anything into the mouth of a person having a seizure.

This advice is not always true, it depends on the situation. This was not a classic, teeth clenching tonic-clonic seizure where this rule would normally apply. She had fallen again and her tongue was semi-severed and *severely* swollen. She was not moving air through her mouth. I did it to keep the airway open and keep the blood draining out of her mouth.. Basic ABC.................

The paramedic gave me a fist bump and said "nice work, that probably saved her from suffocating to death." (He didn't know I am an EMT)

Anyhow.... frightening to find out today that she flat-lined in the ambo on the way to the ER.

I don't know the specifics of how they got her back... But her caregiver Penny texted us this afternoon and said she was, kind of miraculously, good as new today.

Last edited by duck911; 07/27/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Good of you to help......but don't put anything into the mouth of a person having a seizure.

This advice is not always true, it depends on the situation. This was not a classic, teeth clenching tonic-clonic seizure where this rule would normally apply. She had fallen again and her tongue was semi-severed and *severely* swollen. She was not moving air through her mouth. I did it to keep the airway open and keep the blood draining out of her mouth.. Basic ABC.................

The paramedic gave me a fist bump and said "nice work, that probably saved her from suffocating to death." (He didn't know I am an EMT)

Anyhow.... frightening to find out today that she flat-lined in the ambo on the way to the ER.

I don't know the specifics of how they got her back... But her caregiver Penny texted us this afternoon and said she was, kind of miraculously, good as new today.

Now Travis has to start calling you the Duck of Life! lol

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Played EMT for most of the day.

My next door neighbor Penny cares for developmentally disabled folks (has 2 that live with her full time). She is also caring for a mid 40's woman (Tracy, come to find out) for the week as that woman's primary care giver is out of town.

My wife and I were working on the front porch remodel this AM when we hear Tracy yell out, and out of the corner of my eye I see her 100% no braced *face plant* onto the drive way out of the garage.

Her body went stiff and she didn't move. We ran over. She was bleeding from her face (still down in the concrete). I told my wife to bang on the door and get Penny. I called 911. Checked Tracy's vitals, breathing. Both mediocre. Did not move her. I think she was out cold despite the fact the was rigid and shaking.

She came to, fire house is 6 blocks away so EMT was there in a flash followed by paramedics. Tracy came too, was able to answer some questions. Neck brace, backboard, stretcher, ambo pulled away.

Talked with Penny later after they were home and Tracy was OK, but banged up.

Fast forward to 4 PM. Wife and I were enjoying happy hour on the back deck and there is a huge commotion from Penny's back yard. I ran to the fence, look over... CHIT. Jump the fence, Tracy is in a full grand mal seizure, and come to find out, had been for some time.

Wife came around through the gate, we cleared some patio furniture, and I was able to get a paint stirring stick (don't ask) into Tracy's mouth, which was already bleeding.

Same EMT and ambo folks arrived, toted her off again.

We learned that Tract has suffered from massive seizures since birth. She had her brain mapped and most of a hemisphere removed. This is apparently not uncommon. Damn..... frown

Fuggin' 2020...........

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Played EMT for most of the day.

My next door neighbor Penny cares for developmentally disabled folks (has 2 that live with her full time). She is also caring for a mid 40's woman (Tracy, come to find out) for the week as that woman's primary care giver is out of town.

My wife and I were working on the front porch remodel this AM when we hear Tracy yell out, and out of the corner of my eye I see her 100% no braced *face plant* onto the drive way out of the garage.

Her body went stiff and she didn't move. We ran over. She was bleeding from her face (still down in the concrete). I told my wife to bang on the door and get Penny. I called 911. Checked Tracy's vitals, breathing. Both mediocre. Did not move her. I think she was out cold despite the fact the was rigid and shaking.

She came to, fire house is 6 blocks away so EMT was there in a flash followed by paramedics. Tracy came too, was able to answer some questions. Neck brace, backboard, stretcher, ambo pulled away.

Talked with Penny later after they were home and Tracy was OK, but banged up.

Fast forward to 4 PM. Wife and I were enjoying happy hour on the back deck and there is a huge commotion from Penny's back yard. I ran to the fence, look over... CHIT. Jump the fence, Tracy is in a full grand mal seizure, and come to find out, had been for some time.

Wife came around through the gate, we cleared some patio furniture, and I was able to get a paint stirring stick (don't ask) into Tracy's mouth, which was already bleeding.

Same EMT and ambo folks arrived, toted her off again.

We learned that Tract has suffered from massive seizures since birth. She had her brain mapped and most of a hemisphere removed. This is apparently not uncommon. Damn..... frown

Fuggin' 2020...........

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I'm crying!

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Slow today, looks like thunder boomers this afternoon

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,193
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.