Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I bought a few thousand small rifle primers last week. I’m more interested in feeding the AR-10 at this point since all of our hunting rifles are .308 or .243. I have a stripped Stag upper that will be my .243 conversion donor so I’m focused on loading for those calibers at this point but if they’re available I’ll pick up some more. I try to balance my primers with my powder and figure I may take a drive out to Kesselrings tomorrow and see what they have since I haven’t been there for almost a year.

Good luck on the primers but they’re out there.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You guys had me worried so I went shopping. You're right, SR primers are scarce, but I found a couple thousand, and .224 bullets were scarce too. As was loaded 9mm ammo...

I guess I'm stocking up and getting ready too...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m down to 10,000. I need some too

Gee I just gave away like 30,000, and another 20,000 Large Rifles...

Since I am going to vote for Biden, I sold all my firearms, and donated the proceeds to Everytown for Gun Safety..
Micheal Gloomberg's Groups and the rest was split between Biden's campaign, Support for Antifa and finally BLM...

and I joined the democRATic Party...

This was my plan too! Until the boating accident. For some reason, I had all the guns, ammo, primers, powder, bullets, and all in the boat when it went down.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

Since I am going to vote for Biden, I sold all my firearms, and donated the proceeds to Everytown for Gun Safety..
Micheal Gloomberg's Groups and the rest was split between Biden's campaign, Support for Antifa and finally BLM...

This was my plan too! Until the boating accident. For some reason, I had all the guns, ammo, primers, powder, bullets, and all in the boat when it went down.

If you still have your derelict boat, can I borrow your boat? It sounds like a perfect boat to use for hunting trips.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I added 1000 to my inventory, yesterday.

NRA Patron
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Lennie
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

If you still have your derelict boat, can I borrow your boat? It sounds like a perfect boat to use for hunting trips.

It's perfect for that celebratory boatride one takes AFTER a successful hunt.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I wasn’t low but picked up another 2000. Could of had 1 more but left it figuring someone would be looking for some. You can back order through Graf and Sons and they will ship them when they come in which is regularly.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Small pistol primers have gone the way of the dodo bird as well.

Went all over the Waco area this week and none were to be found.

The only primers we found were some large rifle magnum primers.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I bought a few thousand small rifle primers last week. I’m more interested in feeding the AR-10 at this point since all of our hunting rifles are .308 or .243. I have a stripped Stag upper that will be my .243 conversion donor so I’m focused on loading for those calibers at this point but if they’re available I’ll pick up some more. I try to balance my primers with my powder and figure I may take a drive out to Kesselrings tomorrow and see what they have since I haven’t been there for almost a year.

Good luck on the primers but they’re out there.

I'm seeing a lot of BR2'S out there, they would work great for your AR10. That's what I run in mine, both 308 and 6.5 CM. Prices aren't half bad either.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I’ve still got a few thousand left from when I stocked up after the last shortage. I don’t intend to get caught short again in primers, powder, bullets or brass. I should be good for the rest of my reloading life.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lastround

I’ve still got a few thousand left from when I stocked up after the last shortage. I don’t intend to get caught short again in primers, powder, bullets or brass. I should be good for the rest of my reloading life.

Oh, come on buddy. 3000 would only last me 6 months!!!!! I hope you don't shoot as much as I do...
grin

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If needed, I'll loan a few to someone out of my hoard. By the way, how long will they keep in storage? I've got some that I bet I've had almost 15 years.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If needed, I'll loan a few to someone out of my hoard. By the way, how long will they keep in storage? I've got some that I bet I've had almost 15 years.

Kept in a cool, dry place, a lot longer than that.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Was digging around my stash and found a 1000 rounds of 9mm HPs. Might have to do inventory.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have north of 11,000 sm rifle primers..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I happened upon a brick of Federal GM AR match small rifle primers the other day at an out of the way gun shop. Never heard of the AR specific primers from Federal but assume they just have a thicker cup like my favorite small rifle primer, the CCI41. Any of you guys use them before? I stuffed them in my stash with the 41s and Rem 7 1/2s so they’ll probably get shot up eventually.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Thats good, because you need the practice cry grin

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by TheKid
I happened upon a brick of Federal GM AR match small rifle primers the other day at an out of the way gun shop. Never heard of the AR specific primers from Federal but assume they just have a thicker cup like my favorite small rifle primer, the CCI41. Any of you guys use them before? I stuffed them in my stash with the 41s and Rem 7 1/2s so they’ll probably get shot up eventually.

Supposedly, the distance between the cup and the anvil is increased to minimize the chance of a slam-fire...

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

Thats good, because you need the practice cry grin

I sure can...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TheKid

They are a fairly new addition to the catalog.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,265 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.