J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well, I fall short. So, if one is saved by believing on HIM and yet cant be forgiven due to not being able to forgive?
Jesus did not equivocate on this. You have to do it. Jesus did not do away with the law (or the prophets). He said not one bit of the law would pass away until heaven and earth pass away.
Sorry. It doesn't matter what Jimmy Swaggart says or the SBC, or Paul says. Jesus is the captain of the ship. He rules.

So, HE doesnt really forgive ALL sins. More than one is unforgiveable?

Do you continue to fall short?

What if you fall short on just one sin?

Is it more forgiveable to fall short on just one a lot, or several just a little?

Jesus didn't say that and neither did I. You can be forgiven and you know that, you are an intelligent man. Please read Matthew over and over.

Ok. BTW, I asked a preacher this, Hastings. Not just picking on you, bro.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I fall short. So, if one is saved by believing on HIM and yet cant be forgiven due to not being able to forgive?
Jesus did not equivocate on this. You have to do it. Jesus did not do away with the law (or the prophets). He said not one bit of the law would pass away until heaven and earth pass away.
Sorry. It doesn't matter what Jimmy Swaggart says or the SBC, or Paul says. Jesus is the captain of the ship. He rules.

Is it more forgiveable to fall short on just one a lot, or several just a little?

Jesus didn't say that and neither did I. You can be forgiven and you know that, you are an intelligent man. Please read Matthew over and over.

Ok. BTW, I asked a preacher this, Hastings. Not just picking on you, bro.

It is a good thing to ponder.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We are blessed, they don't feed Christians to lions now.

Not at this time, no, but the persecution has begun. In case you're unaware, some pastors have already been threatened with arrest for "hate speech and hate crimes," and, here recently, a few have been threatened with arrest for holding church service. It's just the beginning. If the country doesn't self destruct there will come a time when we will face Peter's dilemma at the campfire.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I thought we once had a "Religion" sub-forum, no?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good night good Christians, I need to sleep.
Let us pray for all of us.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Through grace and much mercy God has allowed me to grow old. I am still learning what was gifted to me.I still find promises I had overlooked.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
What does it even mean to believe in God, and if someone REALLY believed in God, who should we expect them to act?

That gentleman struggles with "belief" in general and spent at least 20 minutes trying to convince an audience to do the same.

As far as how should believers act the answer is very simple and has been laid out plainly. To be Christ like is the answer. He is our example.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good night good Christians, I need to sleep.
Let us pray for all of us.

Hey you said religion thread, not Christian ? What about all the infidels, bikers for Buddha, seven days at the dentist ? Night Wabbi 😎

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got to wonder if wabigoon takes a soap box into Walmart steps up on it and does his Campfire Pastor routine?
I doubt it. Might not be received well without the captive audiance like he has here.
Someone recently labeled it passive-agressive; spot on.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Sorry Jag. Your theology is a little scewwed. Christ died for ALL sin. Past, Present, and Future. You have too choose to accept His forgiveness. and live for HIM. By Faith you are saved

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
I thought we once had a "Religion" sub-forum, no?

They fought like jackals down there it imploded. 😐

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
True Christianity always unites.

Politics always divides.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every New Testament imperative is simply an application of Jesus’ New Covenant command to “Love one another. *As I have loved you*, so you must love one another.”

The New Testament is not full of a bunch of rules. The New Testament is full of ‘this’ rule, with a bunch of applications.

Everything else is explanation, everything else is background, everything else is commentary.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A man's relationship with his God is the most important relationship he will ever have. It is his alone and unique; similar... but different than any other man's relationship with their God.

The Bible is a rulebook... a structure that unifies Christians.

What is most important to me from the Bible may be of lesser importance to you... and vice versa.

I welcome all Christians. I also welcome all non-believers. I will not tolerate another's faith to control me... or their lack of faith similarly. Nor will I ever attempt to control another with my unique faith.

God does not want robots, He wants confident individuals bringing unique powerful perspectives.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have seen fundamentalists who cannot get along with anyone.
I have seen unitarians that do not believe in anything.

Scientists are starting to pile onto the simulation theory, which is sort of believing in God.

Roger Penrose thinks microtubules in cells could have quantum effects that could create consciousness. I don't see that going anywhere.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matthew 6: 14-15 makes it very clear from the mouth of Jesus that if you do not forgive others their trespasses then your heavenly Father will not forgive you. All this talk about grace and faith aside you have to do it, or else you are on the outs. Jesus said it, not me.

Yes, and that is where I fall short. I have a lot of trouble turning the other cheek, and forgiving someone for something, when I know they'll do it again if given the chance.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
A man's relationship with his God is the most important relationship he will ever have. It is his alone and unique; similar... but different than any other man's relationship with their God.

The Bible is a rulebook... a structure that unifies Christians.

What is most important to me from the Bible may be of lesser importance to you... and vice versa.

I welcome all Christians. I also welcome all non-believers. I will not tolerate another's faith to control me... or their lack of faith similarly. Nor will I ever attempt to control another with my unique faith.

God does not want robots, He wants confident individuals bringing unique powerful perspectives.

If this doesn't sum up what people should be looking for in Faith or in that itch they can't seem to scratch, I don't really know what would.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
A Joyful noise?

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
With out the crew of non-believer's stepping in to rile things up, this is a slow thread. laugh

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 219 Wasp, 37 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,764
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.