Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If you're on Medicare, and have a good supplement, they know how to game the system.

They must hurting after being shut down. Those doctors live higher on the hog the us peasants.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
So actually, I had a colonoscopy scheduled for last Wednesday. Had my Suprep Kit for about two weeks before. I too, have had several of these things, history of colon cancer in the family and all. So Tuesday afternoon, promptly at 4, I drink the "poop elixir" down, followed by two large, cold glasses of water. My gut feels like a football for a while, then the first rumbling. I think I may have "assended" to the throne about 4:30 or so, maybe a little later.

One time I know for certain: 4:42pm, because that's when the scheduling lady called me from the GIs office, and told me that the lab they contract with should have contacted me a week ago for a Covid 19 test, so now they are going to have to reschedule. I gave the phone to the wife, telling the lady to talk to her, as I was not fit to talk to her at the moment. As I was unencumbering myself, I heard her mention to the wife (in the next room, but on speaker) "please don't shoot the messenger, I've had to contact three days worth of patients to reschedule because of this lab" I heard that and blew the hell up (figuratively and literally). Did it occur to her to call the ones that would be starting their prep oh, like 45 minutes ago, maybe to call them FIRST?!?!
She was in tears on the phone with the wife, and I probably shouldn't have, but I yelled "go ahead and cry, I'm crying out my ass right now, thanks a bunch!"
I have an appointment with another GIs PA tomorrow for a consult.

Local hospital doesn’t have a pathologist?
Or is it that specialized, I wonder.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My doc (my nephrologist) was concerned about the prep meds, maybe there is magnesium or what in there they didnt want me to have.

She told me I could do 1/2 gallon of my favorite gatorade flavor and 4 ounces of Miralax and get the same result.

I still took the magic jug from the butt doctor, after they reassured me that it wouldnt hurt anything.

Advice....if you have a septic tank, you may want to deposit all of your wipings into a small trash can with a liner. I know that sounds gross, but it may end up saving you tank a surge of cellulose.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
If you're on Medicare, and have a good supplement, they know how to game the system.

They must hurting after being shut down. Those doctors live higher on the hog the us peasants.

And you’ve done 16 years of training for your job too!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is my fourth one.

Wabi,
I’ve had four . Dr. told me after the last one that I wouldn’t need another.....a good thing to hear. Probably because I’m so damn old.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by persiandog
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I get one every 3-5 years, depending on what the doctor advises. Have had 2 pre-cancerous ones removed in the past, and there is a family history of colon cancer. I hate the prep, as there is nothing they've ever come up with that makes it easy. Good luck Richard.

me too , i go on liquid diet a few days before the prep.

This^^

I took it easy about 2 days before. Only ate one meal a day. Grill cheese sandwich, sipped sweet tea to sustain thyself. Coors light for dinner.

I recommend it.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by slumlord
My doc (my nephrologist) was concerned about the prep meds, maybe there is magnesium or what in there they didnt want me to have.

She told me I could do 1/2 gallon of my favorite gatorade flavor and 4 ounces of Miralax and get the same result.

I still took the magic jug from the butt doctor, after they reassured me that it wouldnt hurt anything.

Advice....if you have a septic tank, you may want to deposit all of your wipings into a small trash can with a liner. I know that sounds gross, but it may end up saving you tank a surge of cellulose.

I get mine tomorrow. My guy said to use 64 ounces of Gatorade and 8 ounce of Miralax. Way better than the stuff I had to drink 10 year ago.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just had one two months ago. Years ago I had one, and the prep was to small 4oz bottles of grape/salt flavored liquid, not pleasant, but really no big deal. This time, had to pick up the big thirst buster gallon jug, mix lemon flavored packet with gallon of water. I never got the whole thing down, halfway thru, if I took another swig, I knew I was going to hurl....it's that bad. Evidently, half was enough, doc said I was clean and pink?
Like the other fellow mentioned, this is the 21st century, you'd think they would have a little pill you wash down with a glass of water and call it good?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thirst buster, lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My older Brother, 76, was diagnosed with colon cancer about a year and a half ago.
He had never had a colonoscopy.
He managed to survive but trust me, you don't want to go through what he did.
Get the test.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
last colonoscopy they knocked me out so good that I didn't even remember the doctor coming in afterwards to discuss the results with me although the wife assured me that he did and had even left pictures for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had a couple colonoscopy procedures and in each test it was determined I was a perfect arsehole.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good luck with it, I've never had a colonoscopy and not sure if I ever will. I'm not against getting cut on but can't see where I'd be interested in chemo or radiation treatments. The thought of someone probing around my butt gives me the red azz.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Refusing a colonoscopy is a sure sign of stubborness. The fact is you don't feel a thing because they put you out with some rather pleasant drugs and you wake up feeling like you got a good night's sleep- with a hooker probing your a$$hole... the procedure is pretty simple, the prep is actually much easier than everyone is making it seem . If they do catch colon cancer in time the survival rate these days is almost 100%... if they don't, it's a long, painful way to go and your loved ones have to endure it with you....

I'm due for my third one this year because they found some polyps last time and I'm now on the five year schedule thing.... no big thing and now that I'm on Medicare it's just about 100% taken care of....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's really no big deal.I had my second one last month.The prep was even better than last time.The worse part of the whole deal was the needle in the arm.They put you out in about ten seconds,you wake up after they are done and you feel like nothing has ever happened.I think years ago things may have been done differently,but really,don't worry about it,it's nothing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Use as colorless gatorblade as you can get.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I just got caught, quarantine in county, corvid test three day ahead.

I hate that test!!!!

Be hilarious if they found a Hot Wheels Pinto up in there.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, AussieGunWriter, B52RadarNav, 35, 8 invisible), 1,437 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,253
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.