Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
i was posting on a thread on facebook and wrote 24hrcampfire.com and facebook tells me i can't post it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday that wanted to do some form 1s and build his own suppressors.

Another younger fellow ask me if I thought ammo prices would be coming back down to normal next week.

No, gun stuff is like a zip tie it only gets tighter it never ever gets looser.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Who needs Face Book ?? And Who Gives a Damn, They don't control you or your life unless you let them, tell them to KISS OFF. Rio7

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by srwshooter
i was posting on a thread on facebook and wrote 24hrcampfire.com and facebook tells me i can't post it.

My question is - why does anybody GAF about FB?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I don’t.......

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just posted this thread on there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It isn't just Facebook.

Take my little weblog-- the link is in my signature line. Six months ago, I could pretty much count on 200 hits a day as a base. If I'd published something new or it was getting on toward deer or turkey season, that might jump to 400-800 hits a day. I'm right now sitting at about 75 hits/day. If I look at the traffic, its mostly people being referred from sites like this or folks who know my site who are going there directly. Google searches to my site have all but disappeared. A year ago better than half the hits were coming from folks Googling something like "What's the best deer rifle?" or "How do you take a Turkey's temperature?" The latter was funny; every year I'd get thousands of hits over Thanksgiving from Japan. Folks over there would find my site and think that question had something to do with cooking. If they read the article, they found a humorous piece with the phrase: "Pick the bird up by the legs, get your boot firmly planted on his neck, and attempt to insert the thermometer under his tail." Sadly I had to ban all traffic from Asia last year, because there were too many hackers. I now have to block everyone except USA, Canada, Australia, GB, Sweden, and The Netherlands.

My surmise is that anything to with anything re Conservative politics, Conservative values, and stuff related to shooting and hunting are being quietly forgotten by Google and unless you're paying for a bump in the listings, you're gone.

A guy from Breitbart was talking about this on Tucker Carlson. Right now, you can't find Breitbart articles on Google unless you preface it with "Breitbart."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Slightly off this topic
My wife points out that standing in line to view a casket seems
to be ok. But they are afraid to stand in line to vote?
Old Cuss

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
just posted this thread on there.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🇱🇷💪

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why do people tolerate the BS from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google and all the rest of those places? They are controlling media with the help of all who subscribe.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Facebook matters because while they may not be able to control everyone they can control enough to sway elections.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MD521
Why do people tolerate the BS from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google and all the rest of those places? They are controlling media with the help of all who subscribe.

Agreed in a perfect world unsubscribing would be the key, but there are ways to still use these platforms and sway minds of those who do use it. I use them, but do al I can to avoid their gaining monetary benefit from my use.

For starters use Firefox and install uBlock Origin and Privacy badger. These are must haves. I have not seen a youtube ad in at least a year

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by srwshooter

My question is - why does anybody GAF about FB?

A large part of FB is comprised of localized, smaller pages that allow community members to discuss local problems. When you control what people are allowed to post you make it appear that everyone disagrees with you which causes dissenters to remain quiet.

It is not unlike voter suppression.

Whether a person uses the service or not (I do not) it is still a 1st Amendment issue. And it’s dangerous.

Last edited by deflave; 07/29/20. Reason: Misspelled and forgot a word. PS-SheRoy is a lesbian.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Facebook, Twitter, et.alia survives and prospers on the Updike principle of, ‘there’s no act so private that it doesn’t cry out for applause’.

People just love to run their mouths, mostly saying, ‘look at me’. Period.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Facebook, Twitter, et.alia survives and prospers on the Updike principle of, ‘there’s no act so private that it doesn’t cry out for applause’.

That’s what it’s best known for and certainly how it got it’s start but in 2020 it’s a bit more complex than that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
I use them, but do al I can to avoid their gaining monetary benefit from my use.

Faceberg, JewTube, etc all gain indirectly from your page hits whether you block ads or not. They typically tie their ad rates to traffic so the more visitors the higher their base rates.

The best move, when possible, is to use an archiving service to share links. That way the target gets only 2 hits, one when you first visit the link and one when the archive does (unless someone archived it before you). This is preferable since it saves subsequent hits by each person who follows your link, reducing the overall shekels the enemy is able to accumulate.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not going to ban me.because I've never been there or would even consider going there. fugg em don't have anytime for PC asswipes.

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 07/29/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

That’s what it’s best known for and certainly how it got it’s start but in 2020 it’s a bit more complex than that.

I understand that.

Still, people haven’t changed giving broader opportunities to expand on that basis adding more complexities.

I don’t use the mentioned medias. No one can deny their power and effectiveness to “mold” ideas and concepts.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We use FB for our vacation rentals.....the FREE part only, I get constant messages about how I can 'boost' my info out there for the small fee of.......
Not gonna happen!

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I can't get back on fakebook. Many places like churches don't have an up dated website, but facebook is up to date.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,491,995
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.