Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'll use the the top half of the pond, you use the bottom half.

There’s 36,00000000 acres for sale in the adirondacks

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
How about internet service? Cell coverage? Just things to check out. Good luck on it.

We just closed a couple months back on a place on the Middle Clearwater about 6 miles upstream from Kooskia, Idaho. Real tough cell coverage and no internet. My boy and I just returned from a 5 week stay up there and the no-no on coverage was absolutely glorious. No TV for 5 weeks was just as great.

Pretty sure I didn't miss a thing.

Sounds perfect.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Its minimum 48” here in Sch. 60 conduit about 3” diameter i believe

48" in Sch. 60???

For a main service to the dwelling. I may be off on the schedule but it’s definitely 48” for the main service

Typically, the electric supplier will specify minimum and maximum conduit depths for Primaries and Secondaries.

There is no such thing as sch 60.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sch 40 and 80 depending if it’s underground or above ground (at the pole)
Yes, you’re correct . Where do you think I got 48” froth from? They inspect it and set the specs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would c-900 work for that or not code?

Water pipe

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is there any chance that you can buy the other two owners out of there shares of the land ? A 30 acre parcel with sole ownership makes things a lot more valuable.
Buying the other two parcels while staying in cognito to keep the others from trying to hose you on the price might be an option also.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As far as the pond goes I'd be more concerned about how it gets filled,from a spring from a creek is last thing you wanted some weekend antifa twit rcoming up and telling you about the shoreline protection act for navigable Waters I'd really look into that aspect of it. as a note for the cost of a pool pump that pond probably disappear in about a day and a half

Last edited by RichardAustin; 07/30/20.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
How about internet service? Cell coverage? Just things to check out. Good luck on it.

We just closed a couple months back on a place on the Middle Clearwater about 6 miles upstream from Kooskia, Idaho. Real tough cell coverage and no internet. My boy and I just returned from a 5 week stay up there and the no-no on coverage was absolutely glorious. No TV for 5 weeks was just as great.

Pretty sure I didn't miss a thing.

Sounds perfect.

Nice for a getaway place but impractical for living regular life, working jobs, raising kids. For us anyways.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Here, I think, is 5' deep for the water and 2' separation for power in the same trench.

But shared anything should be a deal breaker.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
just remember, people suck.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Not sure if it's been said before or not but I would go meet all the neighbors that are anywhere close to you.

I'd meet them with generosity and a warm smile... speak honestly about your intentions to buy the land.

If you get a good feeling from them move forward.

You might even have a follow-up conversation with them after you buy the land about buying an easement from them and using their Transformer to feed your property. But I would not necessarily make that the first thing you discussed. It also might not be a plausible solution.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
its probably all moot at this point

I texted the realtor and told him I'd like to make an offer $8k below asking price to absorb some of the electrical cost.

He stopped responding to me when he got it. Was wearing my phone out until I sent that. I guess I'm not even worth a response at this point.

I'll placed a call with the local co-op to see if I have options. I'll follow up tomorrow

Last edited by KFWA; 07/30/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
https://youtu.be/AQS3JGqx46U

A whole lot to be said for solid neighbors.

When I was stationed in Ohio I was very cordial and friendly with all of my neighbors (except for the divorced b**** two houses down , she had a liver carving knife showed it off proudly...)

Anyway decided to sell 48 Acres of Farmland adjoining the house... but deeded separate from the house.

A very good neighbor friend bought the land from me at full asking price. Preparing his deed and recording the documents was well under $100. There were no real estate agents involved. Just two good neighbors... piece of cake cash deal. Everyone won except Uncle sugar.

Last edited by CashisKing; 07/30/20. Reason: Typos.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by KFWA
its probably all moot at this point

I texted the realtor and told him I'd like to make an offer $8k below asking price to absorb some of the electrical cost.

He stopped responding to me when he got it. Was wearing my phone out until I sent that. I guess I'm not even worth a response at this point.

I'll placed a call with the local co-op to see if I have options. I'll follow up tomorrow

The realtor wants the commission. He is probably soft shoeing your offer to the seller. I wouldn't sweat anything just yet.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
If you can't end up with it, there are lots more nice places, maybe, cheaper, and better?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Realtors are money grubbin whores. Present company excluded, of course.

LOL
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
PM sent

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good luck! I'd pay $10K to power that.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
we spent 21,000 to run power into our house 23 years ago. I wouldn't even worry about it if it was twenty or less today. And, we're poor folks! GD

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was reading the regulations of the state utility commission

reads that I can get 2.5 years of estimated revenue deducted from the overall bill

That merits some investigation

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,828
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.