Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I figured I'd ask you guys first. Going to be selling my 6WOA barrel and accessories. That includes everything to make it as turn key as possible. I'll let it go to one of you guys cheap too.. Here's what it will include:

1. 22" WOA Shilen match grade stainless fluted barrel with threaded muzzle. Has a stainless knurled thread protector on it right now. The barrel is a low round count barrel and is accurate with the loads I've worked up in it.
2. Bolt (not complete BCG). You just slip this bolt into your carrier and you'll be golden. This bolt mates up to the barrel extension perfectly. Came that way from WOA.
3. Match grade reloading die set from WOA. These die sets are approximately $150.00 through White Oak.
4. 200 pcs. Starline brass. Some once fired, some twice fired and some 3 times fired brass. Its starline, you know what to expect in terms of quality.
5. 3 steel magazines made by ASC. A 5 round mag and 2 10 round mags. Good for hunting with, great for shooting off the bench with.

I'll post some pics of the complete barrel off of the receiver, if anyone is interested. This is a great way to get into a 6mm AR15 fairly inexpensively. Great for the handloader. Here's some pics from tonight's shooting. Just wanted to double check the 85gr load after changing the handguard last week. Still shoots great: Sub moa:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This barrel is not super heavy either. Lighter than a medium varmint contour barrel I have. I can get dimensions for those interested. Here's how it has shot for me:

Price for this package is $300.00 shipped. Thanks..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Price dropped down to $250.00 shipped. That's pretty cheap and you have nothing to lose. Its a proven shooter...I'm moving on to the 6mm ARC though, so this one is going... Anyone wanting to try a cool little 6mm AR cartridge, this is it. The only caveat is there is no factory support and its a handloader only proposition.. A lot of us here handload our ammo, so that's a moot point. Forming cases is way too easy. Just put 6.8 SPC brass in the sizing die, and its done. No fireforming or anything.. I'm throwing in just about everything you need too.

1. Shilen matchgrade barrel.
2. Bolt (not complete BCG) that is headspaced to barrel.
3. 3 new magazines.
4. Benchrest loading dies.
5. 200 PCS of starline brass.

Pm if you are interested.. Thanks

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
That's cool setup. Out of curiosity, what's the twist on the barrel? Weight of the barrel?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Yeah, its a nice barrel. Its a 1 in10 twist. Great for shooting the lightweight 6mm pills, but not much good for 100+ gr bullets. Thats one of the reasons im getting a 6mm ARC. this 6WOA does very well with the 85 gr sierra gamekings though. The furthest ive shot it with those bullets is 450 yards, and it keeps them all inside moa at that distance. Im not sure on the weight. Its not extremely heavy though. I can get a weight on it later tonight.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Alright, here's the goods:

Dimensions of this barrel are shown in pics. Barrel weighs 2.8 pounds. I'm also throwing in a good steel low profile gas block and gas tube. 50 pcs of the brass are loaded ammo. I'll pull those bullets. Total pcs of brass is 200. All good condition.

This is a smoking deal for someone. I'm not making any money at all. Hoping it finds a good home. Ask questions here or by PM. I accept Paypal for payment. Thanks...

BSA MAGA
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That is a smoking deal!

Back when it first came out, a few of my coyote hunting friends built them a 6 WOA. If I hadn’t just got bit by the 6.5 CM bug, I’d be very tempted.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks TWR. You have probably heard of Dan Carey as well then. The upper I have was custom built by him at Carey custom rifle company. So whoever get this will know it was built with quality parts. Of course it's not a complete upper, but this barrel is a shooter. I'm trying to make things pretty easy for the buyer. They get pretty much everything they need, sans the upper receiver and handguard. I'm keeping the upper for my 6mm ARC build. The guy I bought the upper from said he had Carey put it together for him and his intention was to yote hunt with it. He said it was so accurate that he dabbled with it at the 600 yard line for fun, but he said he got into the 6.5 creedmoor for longrange and then ended up buying a 6mm Creed and decided he didn't need the WOA anymore. He said his bolt guns were just a little more accurate, but he could run the 108's in his creed and those were better for his 600 yard competitions he shoots.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ya I know Dan, hadn’t heard from him or about him in a long time. Funny there is a whole nuther story about coyote hunters and the board wars Dan had Predator Professionals and another pseudo board then there was predator masters, huntmasters, OPHA, NPHA and it became a war.

Funny what a name from the past can bring up...

But Dan can build a rifle for sure!

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Oh man, this is sorely tempting. I just wish it had a faster twist for my needs.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by qotsarock
Oh man, this is sorely tempting. I just wish it had a faster twist for my needs.

I think we all do. If it did Lawrence wouldn’t be getting rid of it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by qotsarock

I think we all do. If it did Lawrence wouldn’t be getting rid of it.

Yeah, it would make it harder for me to let it go, but im wanting a 6 ARC to play with.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Sent you a pm.

Last edited by Tolna; 07/30/20.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Tolna, I received your pm. Thanks..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sold to Tolna, pending payment.. Thanks!

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
good grief! how did i miss seeing this!
nice snag!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by deerstalker
good grief! how did i miss seeing this!
nice snag!

Sorry man. I wanted to make it available to you guys here in this forum first before the classifieds. I think it was a hell of a good deal.. Tolna is going to love it. He'll be using it for deer in his neck of the woods and introducing his grand daughter to hunting with this set up. He better watch out because she might out shoot him with this thing.. I also sent a box of 85gr sierra gamekings with the package deal.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,441
Posts18,470,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.