Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Displaced_Texan
The NRA has had its problems lately. Any large organzation has problems from time to time. It is time for WLP to move on. I still support the NRA and always will. We would have lost our guns years ago, if were not for the NRA. I was around when the 1968 gun control act was passed. It has been a consent fight every sence then. The NRA has defended our rights to own guns for a long time.
NRA supported or at least went along with the 1968 Gun Control Act. Check it out.

If I remember correctly it was a direct copy of the german gun control act of 1938.
Before this you could buy a new firearm with no gt knowledge or records. The second A was pretty much in tact before the nra brutally destroyed it, except for big leftist cities and some southern to keep them out of the hands of freed slaves long ago.
Speaking of Civil War or War of Northern Agression, the NRA was started to train northern city boys how to kill southerners. Quite a history of a supposed pro 2A org.

PS:
I don't lump all nra members together.
Why? Some are like a lump of WV coal with a big nra stamp on their head; while they back violations of God given gun rights because some republican, or fox in the henhouse news told them to.
Others are thinkers who hate what goes on in the administration of the loby group, wondering why on earth the nra has been lobbying against their own best interests.

For those nra members who think I'm taking about you. Look, I used to be a member too. I looked into the history and realized that some of the leadership, the one's who control your membership funds, aught to be working for handgun control incorporated instead.

Most of us here seem awake to these facts. Others seem more than ready to just give away their collection of rights that our Lord gave to us and men died.to preserve.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jackmountain
For me, GOA on a national level, and vcdl on a state level.
VCDL is on the ground and in your face in Virginia, if you're a liberal commie politician.

I'm lifetime NRA member but they'll get nothing from me til Wayne is gone and a proven replacement is installed.

Ollie could've been great.

I'm in the same boat, Life Member with no intentions of giving another red cent until Wayne gets a boot in his azz out the door. How much money does the greedy SOB need?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have always found it interesting that 2A advocates would blindly follow whatever gibberish the NRA would put out and vote as they told to. Hopefully more people are actually starting to think for themselves but I unfortunately continue to meet those at my local range who spout off info from the NRA propaganda that is far from reality. The other irony is that many on this website rail against groups that do the same thing the NRA has been doing for decades, with its members blindly falling into ranks doing as they are told....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
I have always found it interesting that 2A advocates would blindly follow whatever gibberish the NRA would put out and vote as they told to. Hopefully more people are actually starting to think for themselves but I unfortunately continue to meet those at my local range who spout off info from the NRA propaganda that is far from reality. The other irony is that many on this website rail against groups that do the same thing the NRA has been doing for decades, with its members blindly falling into ranks doing as they are told....
You are right. I am not joining and sending money anywhere until I see how this settles out. We are now too far into this election season for any organization to step into the breach in any meaningful way.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
cisco1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C

The very interesting thing is the podcast at the end of the video that some goofs do not have the time or interest to watch.

The podcast is a rabbit hole , for sure, but tells a years long story about WL, and others.

The only possible chance for the NRA to survive is to be rid of WL and some others and clean house.

One must realize , even with all the other 2nd Amendment organizations out there, together they do not equal the lobbying efforts of the NRA.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DocEd
I will not send the NRA another dime until they get rid of Wayne Lapierre.

^^^^^What he said. I've told their solicitors that repeatedly on the phone.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1

The very interesting thing is the podcast at the end of the video that some goofs do not have the time or interest to watch.

The podcast is a rabbit hole , for sure, but tells a years long story about WL, and others.

The only possible chance for the NRA to survive is to be rid of WL and some others and clean house.

One must realize , even with all the other 2nd Amendment organizations out there, together they do not equal the lobbying efforts of the NRA.

I like the guy's channel and listen from time to time.
Good perspectives. Probably should have edited it down to half the time though. I agree with him on his point. The thing about the lobbying efforts of the nra is that they are portraying it as PRO 2A , as its members are. Then it gets zillions in dues and can't find a cause that they can't give away REASONABLE gun concessions. It's been there mode of operation all of my life and before. Let it die and Larry Pratts boy take the members IMHO. As long as he agrees with his dad, it will go better for this country's liberty.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/31/20.
C
cisco1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Happy ....you got a little bit of it right.

You think that 16 Minute vid is long ! HAH

I won't even link to the Gangster Capitalism podcasts. 8 or more 45 Min. episodes that tell the whole story.

If anyone was at the NRA convention in Indy when the Ollie North HOO RAH was going on you would find the Podcasts extremely interesting.

24 Millon in lawyers fees and that is only the beginning.

Someone is going prison.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1
Happy ....you got a little bit of it right.

You think that 16 Minute vid is long ! HAH

I won't even link to the Gangster Capitalism podcasts. 8 or more 45 Min. episodes that tell the whole story.

If anyone was at the NRA convention in Indy when the Ollie North HOO RAH was going on you would find the Podcasts extremely interesting.

24 Millon in lawyers fees and that is only the beginning.

Someone is going prison.

No big deal. I just thought he could edit his podcast. Ill look up the other podcasts when I get a chance this weekend.

I hope that the nra would either fold or go through a major over haul. I'm not sure if there's any way of fixing something so broke. The top dogs don't reflect the membership other than in word. The kennel can do what it wants with them.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

Speaking of Civil War or War of Northern Agression, the NRA was started to train northern city boys how to kill southerners. Quite a history of a supposed pro 2A org.

The NRA was founded in 1872 and the last Confederates surrendered in 1865, dumbass.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

The NRA was founded in 1872 and the last Confederates surrendered in 1865, dumbass.

So we're talking LESS THAN 10 YEARS.
I'm no civil war historian, but have read about the martial law following long after the war ended.
Yankee generals wanted to maintain that power and have conscripts that were able to hit their targets if the need ever arose again. That's been cited from many sources since I was a teenager and cared about history.
Today there's scores of military forces in the borders of the USA. Some if them are regulated. Many are squadron sized or less. The ones that ARE regulated and started during the previous marxist administration are still training. There's dozens snipers and paramilitary forces in one nearby town. They've been training LONGER than 10 years Einstein. Do you seriously think that they would not kill their own countrymen???

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's pretty obvious to anyone who seeks out facts, rather than party-line propaganda.

From the goddammed Wikipedia page:

The NRA formed its Legislative Affairs Division to update members with facts and analysis of upcoming bills,[34] after the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 became the first federal gun-control law passed in the US.[35] Karl Frederick, NRA president in 1934, during congressional NFA hearings testified "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I seldom carry one. ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses."[36] Four years later, the NRA backed the Federal Firearms Act of 1938.[37]

That's your NRA. The problem isn't Wayne. The problem is that you imbeciles think the NRA has anything to do with protecting your 2nd Amendment.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Today there's scores of military forces in the borders of the USA. Some if them are regulated. Many are squadron sized or less. The ones that ARE regulated and started during the previous marxist administration are still training. There's dozens snipers and paramilitary forces in one nearby town. They've been training LONGER than 10 years Einstein. Do you seriously think that they would not kill their own countrymen???
Who and where?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Who and where?

Correction. Small city with connected towns.
Each municipality has a paramilitary unit you're doubtless familiar with....S.W.A.T.
Each SWAT team has sniper teams.
The city has one.
The counties each have them.
The state troops/ "troopers."....
Fed agencies.........

Remember when guys had trouble buying ammo?
Since early in the previous administration, 1st term, billions of rounds and small weapons of just about every caliber was bought in greater numbers than ever before. Non military weapons and calibers as well.
There's enough available in armouries to keep a war going indefinitely.
This is mostly the preparation that Obamanation did for his daddy. It's preparation for the war against my Lord IMHO. I can see no other reasonable explanation.
The Obamanation got his internal military forces .
I don't remember the nra saying much about it other than acknowledging the ammo shortage, do you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You remind me of something my best friend once told me.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/31/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You remind me of something my best friend once told me.

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I think you'd better have those pearls checked out. They look like plastic pop beads to me.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
The fat guy who recorded the vidwo is a blithering idiot.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I'm no civil war historian, but have read about the martial law following long after the war ended.
Yankee generals wanted to maintain that power and have conscripts that were able to hit their targets if the need ever arose again. That's been cited from many sources since I was a teenager and cared about history.

You should try and obfuscate and backtrack just a little bit harder.

Just a little will do.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You should try and obfuscate and backtrack just a little bit harder.

Just a little will do.

Hey Rip Van Winkle,

Where have you been the last 11 years?
That town will become a city in less than a month once the students return, you cynical old fart.
It might be nice and friendly where you are in Florida. It's like that in parts of WV, but some places are what is called a police state.
I'm so sorry to hurt your apple pie, NRA lovin' heart, but I value liberty over associations. If the NRA set some standards long ago, it wouldn't be infected with such corruption.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1941USMC, 44 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.