Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Just picked this up from the FFL. Full factory Sons of Liberty Gunworks rifle with the exception of the BCM A-15 rail and forward grip. SOLGW Angry Patriot lower, BCG, .223 Wylde 16" match grade 1-8" stainless QPQ finished barrel w/mid-length gas, Nox Deadair Sandman muzzle device, SOLGW/Raptor charging handle, Larue MBT trigger, B5 Bravo stock and grip, A5 buffer, Magpul Pro BUIS. Solid build and less rattle than my Noveske Rogue Hunter. Now I need to figure out what optic to put on it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That looks like a no-BS build.

Congratulations.

I look forward to seeing some groups out of it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Congrats. They're very well made.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice rig.

Don't over think the optics..................red dot of LPV 1-6x or 1-8x scope. Done.

MM

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have visited their shop and they are some pretty down to earth gun heads.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Just picked this up from the FFL. Full factory Sons of Liberty Gunworks rifle with the exception of the BCM A-15 rail and forward grip. SOLGW Angry Patriot lower, BCG, .223 Wylde 16" match grade 1-8" stainless QPQ finished barrel w/mid-length gas, Nox Deadair Sandman muzzle device, SOLGW/Raptor charging handle, Larue MBT trigger, B5 Bravo stock and grip, A5 buffer, Magpul Pro BUIS. Solid build and less rattle than my Noveske Rogue Hunter. Now I need to figure out what optic to put on it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice rifle.

You might figure out how to engage the safety before worrying about optics. grin

Just busting balls a bit but ARs should have the safety on safe unless the sight are on a target.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice looking tool. wink

Hope it shoots.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
That looks like a no-BS build.

Congratulations.

I look forward to seeing some groups out of it.

Me too. Probably going to be a good shooter. Looks great. However, Im surprised they used a keymod rail. Seems like everyone is switching to mlok.. You'll have to post range results for us guys that like looking at pretty targets... grin I'd like to see how those MBUIS do. Pick a good scope and shoot some groups with it that way as well. Like MM said, don't overthink the scope. A good AR specific scope will be perfect, no matter the power range you choose. Get a good cantilever mount and you'll be golden...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Looks great. However, Im surprised they used a keymod rail. Seems like everyone is switching to mlok..

If you could read instead of typing just to hear yourself talk youd've seen where I said it was factory WITH THE EXCEPTION OF the rail and forward grip. I bought it "used" and the seller swapped out the rail. I actually like that BCM rail and it'll do everything I need it to do, plus I saved about $500.00 over buying a "new" SOLGW rifle in the same configuration (can't even get half of the stuff listed right now). Take a look at the shell deflector and bolt and tell me how many rounds you think have been fired through it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Looks great. However, Im surprised they used a keymod rail. Seems like everyone is switching to mlok..

If you could read instead of typing just to hear yourself talk youd've seen where I said it was factory WITH THE EXCEPTION OF the rail and forward grip. I bought it "used" and the seller swapped out the rail. I actually like that BCM rail and it'll do everything I need it to do, and I saved about $500.00 over buying a "new" rifle (can't even get half of the stuff listed right now). Take a look at the shell deflector and bolt and tell me how many rounds you think have been fired through it.

Looking at a shell deflector and bolt doesn't tell a god damned thing about how many times its been fired. I have some with thousands of rounds on them and they still look good. Try again dumb fu ck. Scared to post targets too I bet..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Blah, blah, blah from the know-it-all

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Post those targets in the thread you stupid fu ck..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Yeah, I'll be sure to do that, know-it-all

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Very nice. Thanks for the parts list.

Post your load!

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I for one am more impressed with what a shooter or gun can do standing on his own hind feet or with a tight sling than from the bench...but that's just me.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I for one am more impressed with what a shooter or gun can do standing on his own hind feet or with a tight sling than from the bench...but that's just me.

In this instance, I'm more interested in what the rifle can do. The stupidest thing "gun people" do on youtube is shot offhand groups for equipment reviews.

That tells me exactly zero about the capabilities of the gun.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by UPhiker

In this instance, I'm more interested in what the rifle can do. The stupidest thing "gun people" do on youtube is shot offhand groups for equipment reviews.

That tells me exactly zero about the capabilities of the gun.

AS...I wasn't referring to you. Benching is great for sighting in and stuff, but that's all some people do.

Last edited by UPhiker; 07/31/20.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I dig my SOLGW rifles....no frills, no bullshit type rifles. Been flogging on a 13.7” factory build for a spell.

Just getting around to starting to load some 75-77s for it but it’s been a hammer with bulk PMC so far. The VLTOR A5 and NOX are tits. Smoothest, flattest recoiling AR I’ve shot.

100 yard random group for BSA with a lowly SWFA 1-4 at the time...grin...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by joshf303; 07/31/20.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice rifle!

Retired cat herder.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
How does it shoot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,994
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.